RANJI TROPHY |2023/24|

Suhaan

1 minute ago, Need4Speed said:

Sandeep Warrier..I always felt he could have been good for us in SENA..anyone knows why he couldnt make it to Indian Team..

Poor backing of Kerala in Board??

He moved to TN few seasons back. TN always lacked a good fast bowler. Smart thing guys like Kartik Tyagi and others can do is moving to TN.  I know some states where there are surplus of fast bowlers but not being able to represent their state side due to competition. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He moved to TN few seasons back. TN always lacked a good fast bowler. Smart thing guys like Kartik Tyagi and others can do is moving to TN.  I know some states where there are surplus of fast bowlers but not being able to represent their state side due to competition. 

hmm..the move didnt work out for Kuldeep Sen..may be more so for the injury issues..Hopefully Tyagi moves to TN or any good team where he gets enough chances..UP is ruining him..

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Where is Lokesh Raj ?

Was supposed to be a tearaway quick in TNPL, isnt express but surely looked like a 140-145k bowler, unfortunately nowhere to be seen.

7 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

hmm..the move didnt work out for Kuldeep Sen..may be more so for the injury issues..Hopefully Tyagi moves to TN or any good team where he gets enough chances..UP is ruining him..

I think Tyagi also is to be blamed somewhat.

He can't just waste his time waiting on bench, need to be proactive enough.

When Sen left MP, he could have played for them and filled up the vacuum. Instead Khejroliya got the nod and he played quite consistently.

Apart from TN even teams like Chattisgarh, MP, Uttarakhand, Himachal need a quick tearaway fast bowler. Tyagi can easily fit into them as there won't be language issues. Bishnoi switched to Gujrat and got chances to play regularly which he wasn't getting at Rajasthan.

6 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

As always Tamil Nadu flunking in important games. Floundering at 36/4. Was hoping to see big scores from Sai and Jaggi. Both gone cheaply.

True. But in this TN is an underdog as MI has Rahane as captain and some big guns are playing. Iyer,Thakur, Prithvi shaw  Disappointed with Sai. I thought he would step up same with Pradosh. May be pitch offers a lot of assistance.

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

Musheer looking solid while Sai Kishore with a dartathon. Sen too showing decent pace

Sai Kishore is the hero of this season for TN. 48 wickets with his partner Ajith Ram 41 wickets. Top 2 wicket takers. But for them they would not have reached even semis. If they have to win it depends a lot on them.

Edited by vvvslaxman
32 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Thakur with his 125 kph taking wickets...  No wonder Ranji's standards have gone down. 

Thakur surprisingly bowls between 130 to 135 kph. Mostly at 134 kph. Problem is his length. There are conditions that length works in his favor as he can swing both ways. Oflate Ranji has wickets that assist seamers on day 1 of first morning. That is how Mukesh took 11 wickets earlier and Thakur took 10 wickets. Will be curious to see how he bowls in the 2nd dig

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Thakur surprisingly bowls between 130 to 135 kph. Mostly at 134 kph. Problem is his length. There are conditions that length works in his favor as he can swing both ways. Oflate Ranji has wickets that assist seamers on day 1 of first morning. That is how Mukesh took 11 wickets earlier and Thakur took 10 wickets. Will be curious to see how he bowls in the 2nd dig

Sudarshan's LBW trap was bowled at 127kph:facepalm:...  I stopped following this game after that..