Test 11 Vs SA

No Thakur in team. Else he gets the ball after over 25, to well set batsmen and then attracts all the criticism for not bowling like Dennis Lillee with the new ball.

Thakur like Rahane/Pujara is a magnet for criticism. Without Rahane and Pujara the rest of the batsmen have to perform - or take blame. Without Thakur the rest of the bowlers have to perform - or take blame.

Criticism sponges like Thakur who let the others float without accountability are useless.

And I completely agree for SA that Ashwin who averages 6 matches 10 wkts at 50.50 is a better pick than Thakur who averages 3 matches 12 wickets for 19.08.   This is a no brainer Ashwin is far superior. /sarc

Edited by AKane
8 hours ago, AKane said:

No Thakur in team. Else he gets the ball after over 25, to well set batsmen and then attracts all the criticism for not bowling like Dennis Lillee with the new ball.

Thakur like Rahane/Pujara is a magnet for criticism. Without Rahane and Pujara the rest of the batsmen have to perform - or take blame. Without Thakur the rest of the bowlers have to perform - or take blame.

Criticism sponges like Thakur who let the others float without accountability are useless.

And I completely agree for SA that Ashwin who averages 6 matches 10 wkts at 50.50 is a better pick than Thakur who averages 3 matches 12 wickets for 19.08.   This is a no brainer Ashwin is far superior. /sarc

Agreed thakur gets a lot of flak

I would actually have arshdeep at 8 

Thakur at 9

Bumrah 10

Prasidh 11

This will work.

7 hours ago, Lord said:

Rohit

Jaiswal

KL

Kohli

Gill

Jadeja

Ashwin

Thakur

Bumrah

Siraj

Prasidh

There's zero point of playing Iyer on these pitches. Ashwin will bat better and hopefully get 1-2 wickets

Ashwin will get msx 15 runs in each innings. I would pick washy over ash. He can lengthen batting and bowl decently as a support bowler. Ideally should be a trundler who can bat at 7. Like a wian Mulder mould. I would prefer vijay shankar, hangerakar or banana type player. 

2 hours ago, harpicP said:

Ideally should be a trundler who can bat at 7. Like a wian Mulder mould

Why not a Beyers Swanepoel mould? In the recent EC match here were Beyers Swanepoel(5/83 5/61) vs  Marco Jansen(2/84 3/62)

He can bat as well as Mulder - whose bowling is as you said - absolute trundler.

I  think Saffies have made a mistake by not picking Swanepoel.

Edited by AKane
1 hour ago, AKane said:

Still smh at the non-selection of Kuldeep for the Saffie tests.

On what basis you select Ashwin and leave out Kuldeep is beyond me.  But whatever..... I don't understand the 5D chess of Dravid and co.

They are dumb as bricks. No doubt about it. Also political angle needs go be accounted for. So it's not entirely on them. But yes majority of the blames goes drsvid and selection committee. 

8 hours ago, harpicP said:

Ashwin will get msx 15 runs in each innings. I would pick washy over ash. He can lengthen batting and bowl decently as a support bowler. Ideally should be a trundler who can bat at 7. Like a wian Mulder mould. I would prefer vijay shankar, hangerakar or banana type player. 

He's not in the squad. I was only talking of those in there. Ashwin better option than Iyer

Otherwise I'd pick Sai at 3 and Sarfaraz at 6. Gill needs to go too.

1 hour ago, AKane said:

What batting exactly?

Here are Ashwin scores in the last tour

Thats a total of 89 in 6 innings of batting.

There is no point of Ashwin in a place like SA...  You need overspin there.  I'd have played Sundar over him.  He looks like a better off spinner rn..  His loop is better & has a bit of Lyon in him too.  Turns the ball from off stump.  Ash darts on leg vs lefties & righties. 

Hopefully he gets a run in Australia next year.  Better batsman too. 

We need to back Jadeja...  More right handers in SA.  He can hit the rough more accurately.