Virat Kohli withdraws from first two tests against England citing personal reason

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why? don't they have to attend their personal emergencies.

It is a test match and he is coming back after two tests.

I replied to this part of his post. Not talking about Kohli. 

People need to stop burning their blood over the discussion that why these players don't take break during IPL . Money matters for everyone. Dedication, passion, compassion all these goes for toss when Money enter the discussion. Everyone here including myself would do the same thing if we were in these players place. 

There was question on why players don’t take break during IPL. These are really stupid posts. A cricketer can make money only few years and a decade if you are like Kohli , Sachin. Of course you don’t want to miss the opportunity of making money. Questioning someone like Kohli is stupid he has given a lot. This could be health reasons for family you got to leave these things alone. 

39 minutes ago, putrevus said:

When did Kohli skip any important tour. 

Multi- Nation Tournaments: Asia Cup 2018 & Nidhahas Trophy 2018.  Even Sunil Gavasker had heavily criticised him for this.   Further, my post was not about kohli skipping tours. (I would be rather happy if he skips an entire tour and an youngster gets opportunity). My post was about his sudden announcement of unavailabilty for few games during an ongoing series or just when the series is about to begin. It does more damage to the team combination/chemistry at the last moment. Eg: Skipped the first 2 ODIs vs Aus (home series) just before the start of WC2023;  Suddenly decided to skip the 1st T20 vs Afghan and returned for remaining 2 games. Failed badly in both these t20s due to lack of rythm and also looked disinterested. 

55 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Multi- Nation Tournaments: Asia Cup 2018 & Nidhahas Trophy 2018.  Even Sunil Gavasker had heavily criticised him for this.   Further, my post was not about kohli skipping tours. (I would be rather happy if he skips an entire tour and an youngster gets opportunity). My post was about his sudden announcement of unavailabilty for few games during an ongoing series or just when the series is about to begin. It does more damage to the team combination/chemistry at the last moment. Eg: Skipped the first 2 ODIs vs Aus (home series) just before the start of WC2023;  Suddenly decided to skip the 1st T20 vs Afghan and returned for remaining 2 games. Failed badly in both these t20s due to lack of rythm and also looked disinterested. 

He was playing all three formats and was captaining all three formats.So it is understandable it was draining on him.

Even Dhoni skipped test series in SL in 2008. Tendulkar skipped many tours.

Emergencies don't come in leisure,  he could not play due back injury like against SA  on morning of a test match when he could not play and KL Rahul had to become captain.

They are human beings, they have injuries or personal issues whiich might happen at any time. 

He failed in couple of t20s big deal, people need to stop making fuss about everything.

He has always played the game with passion for most part in his career more than any player.

Edited by putrevus

I will.not blame Kohli or any other senior players,but if a young player ie Patidar is played in his place and he performs exceptionally, he should be dropped to accomdate that player who have taken a break.

The team management, selectors have formed a pattern that seniors players take rest and their replacement are such that they can.easily be thrown out ie Jadeja and Axar.Why no other than Axar is always selected. 

The team management, selectors  role can be accessed by the way they the replacement ie Pujara,Rahane or Patidar Samson or no replacement is selected 

8 minutes ago, tweaker said:

I will.not blame Kohli or any other senior players,but if a young player ie Patidar is played in his place and he performs exceptionally, he should be dropped to accomdate that player who have taken a break.

The team management, selectors have formed a pattern that seniors players take rest and their replacement are such that they can.easily be thrown out ie Jadeja and Axar.Why no other than Axar is always selected. 

The team management, selectors  role can be accessed by the way they the replacement ie Pujara,Rahane or Patidar Samson or no replacement is selected 

I agree, youngsters who perform need to be given longer rope. Ishan Kishen is prime example, he gets dropped the next odi after he scores 200 which is very unfair.

Ravi Bishnoi performs against Pakistan in Asia cup but does not play more and is out of the t20 squad itself.

These things cannot happen.

Edited by putrevus

If I am not wrong I read somewhere Iyer said leaving the ball bores him in test cricket. How is this idiot wanting to play play test cricket.

What was this bozo doing in SA then? He could not put bat on ball.Why is this guy getting this reputation that he is a great player of spin.

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

If I am not wrong I read somewhere Iyer said leaving the ball bores him in test cricket. How is this idiot wanting to play play test cricket.

What was this bozo doing in SA then? He could not put bat on ball.Why is this guy getting this reputation that he is a great player of spin.

tell him he is not SEHWAG

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

he is KKR captain, IPL owners want their players playing for india at all costs so their brand value goes up

5 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

he is KKR captain, IPL owners want their players playing for india at all costs so their brand value goes up

So you mean to say KKR will dictate who is going to be selected for Indian team. Correct me if I am not wrong he was captain of Delhi I think when he was not selected for last world cup.

If what you are saying is true then it is end of Indian cricket.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

So you mean to say KKR will dictate who is going to be selected for Indian team. Correct me if I am not wrong he was captain of Delhi I think when he was not selected for last world cup.

If what you are saying is true then it is end of Indian cricket.

DC lobby isnt powerful. CSK, MI, KKR,RCB have strong lobbying thats why players from there are kept pushing in front- if they are established India players they will have more fan following at IPL level which means more revenue for franchises, and by defualt more money for BCCI which takes licensing fee from IPL owners. If you think im wrong, then why SKY who is a hack was selected for the Test team?? were they no better red ball players than him? He has the MI lobby behind him. Incidentally those 4 teams are the most supported in the league..

10 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

DC lobby isnt powerful. CSK, MI, KKR,RCB have strong lobbying thats why players from there are kept pushing in front- if they are established India players they will have more fan following at IPL level which means more revenue for franchises, and by defualt more money for BCCI which takes licensing fee from IPL owners. If you think im wrong, then why SKY who is a hack was selected for the Test team?? were they no better red ball players than him? He has the MI lobby behind him. Incidentally those 4 teams are the most supported in the league..

Selection of SKY can be understood, I also wanted him in the test and odi teams. I thought he had turned the corner and was going to play with freedom in every format.

But he turned out be a pussycat under pressure.Head on other hand turned out a matser stroke for Australia.

I really hope you are wrong IPL teams putting pressure on Indian selections.

Edited by putrevus