Question for experts. How would you bowl to counter the sweep?

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Kuldeep will play and trying to reverse sweep him is a lot more difficult and challenging compared to the current bowlers.

Yeh sab pehle hee sochke they should've included him or at least coached the 3 that were there to implement a Plan B.

I am just really irritated that these guys got outsmarted tactically.  Losing if we are less capable from a skills standpoint is acceptable, but to be outwitted due to lack of preparation and analysis is just hard to swallow.

8 minutes ago, Number said:

Our spinners are not fighting the ball that much to extract bounce. Bowling quite fast and straight into stumps makes it easier to sweep.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but this one guy swept and swept and scored 196 runs.  Somewhere along the way there, couldn't they figure out or be coached to change tactics and not feed him sweepable balls?

9 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but this one guy swept and swept and scored 196 runs. 

We should feel sorrow for ourselves for following this dumb sport, where the team cap(2021 Eng tour) cares more for IPL & his brand value than winning big games for his country! Jokes on us :bow:

Flat pitches which offer low bounce are ideal for sweeps and reverse sweeps (if executed properly).  Rajkot pitch has always been that sort of highway. Similar to the ones which our padosis keep preparing. There is no way to counter sweeps/rev sweeps.  For Team Ind, the best bet is to let Bumrah and Siraj bowl longer spells with tight lines and hope for some rev.swing.   (Don't hv any hope from losers like Kuldeep who are meek and suck in every dept. WC2023 gives us an idea as to how useless he is when things don't go his way).   

How about a 7-2 field and keep bowling leg/middle-leg at high-ish speeds so they can't wind up for reverse sweeps?  How much will they sweep into fielders hands? Unless they are really good at the inside-out stuff, they're going to be bottled up.

But then again, what do I know?  I was just in the top-3 in gully cricket and there were only 2 other guys in my gully who played cricket.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict