Elephant kohli in the room

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We have Ashwin leaving and returning next day.Then we have this guy who disappears every time he has a kid. First Australian tour. Now this tour. May be India should schedule the series according to Anushka's delivery date.

yes they should def. Schedule tours to australia n england on her delivery date. It seems like he takes all the anger fishing outside of stump in sena countries….on his wife.

I do not like the fact that he missed the entire series. I would have liked him to play at no.4 where we have issues. however, Comparison to Ashwin also is not needed. Each person is different and we do not have details of either the pregnancy or the medical issue with Ashwin's mother. May be Ashwin found out that his mother is stable and will be fine for the duration of his absence. 

Pregnancy can be very complicated filled with issues with danger to both mother and child. May be there were some complications, or may be not. Also wife can need/demand presence by her side which is hard to deny in such situation. Yes, playing for India is a honor and he should be playing but I personally wont blame him for this at this stage of his career or any stage for that matter. Family first because a cricket match is a game and not related to security situation of the country. 

Having said that BCCI can definitely not select him if they want based on lacking game time and others being in form. His place is not in danger anyway, so realistically he will return. 

Edited by cricspirit

People need to chilex here.  He had personal life and family.  He has right to go and same goes with BCCI.  Kohli is modern great but india can produce many great cricketers so for kohli , Is is risky also.  

I personally fine them taking break fully rather playing selfishly and distracted.  

at least jaiswal l, khan , jurel are there. 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We have Ashwin leaving and returning next day.Then we have this guy who disappears every time he has a kid. First Australian tour. Now this tour. May be India should schedule the series according to Anushka's delivery date.

we should schedule IPL every time she's pregnant. in such a scenario, we can see what is more valued by mr. and mrs. anushka

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Does it matter who wears pants in relationship.

it has some bearing on what series kohli plays and doesn't play, and for how long he is absent. so, it is not just some idle speculation, as it some bearing (the extent can be debated) on his availability

going back to the thread, what is Ind's next Test assignment? We should have some easy series, presumably before the Aus tour. I expect Kohli to play them - however, his presence is not needed there as much. Might as well as pick him directly for Oz tour, as some posters may suggest

33 minutes ago, Vijy said:

it has some bearing on what series kohli plays and doesn't play, and for how long he is absent. so, it is not just some idle speculation, as it some bearing (the extent can be debated) on his availability

That is just speculation .He might want to be with her even if she is not forcing him to do it.

Anyway glad that this series gave guy like Sarfraz a chance to show his talent.Hope he builds on his first test.

Edited by putrevus

The Kohli Chronicles Continue!

Dear BCCI,

As I sit here, contemplating my next move on the chessboard of life, it occurs to me that yll, deserve an update from the frontlines of the Kohli empire. Yes, the empire that's about to embark on a grand tour - a thrilling saga featuring the IPL and the World T20 in the USA, or as I like to call it, "The Daddy Needs a Laid-Back Vaca But Still Plans to Dominate Tour."

Let's cut straight to the chase. While I’m off playing cricket, hitting sixes, and charming fans worldwide, there's a subplot brewing that could rival any blockbuster - the potential inception of Kohli No. 3. Picture this: under the dazzling lights of international stadiums, between glorious victories and heart-stopping matches, Anushka and I might just decide to go for the hat-trick. Yes, amidst the triumph and the glory, we might embark on the noble quest of expanding our squad. Because, let's face it, if anyone can balance the intense world of international cricket with the joys and challenges of fatherhood, it's me.

But fear not, dear employer, for this is all part of my master plan. Think of it as investing in the future of cricket - the Kohli legacy. A dynasty, if you will, designed to rule the sport for generations. And while the prospect of another little Kohli running around might send shivers down the spine of bowlers worldwide, I assure you, it only adds to my motivation to perform better. After all, nothing says "world-class cricketer" like dominating the pitch by day and mastering lullabies by night.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Virat, you're irreplaceable on the field. Can we really afford to have your attention divided?" To that, I say - worry not. My ability to juggle responsibilities is second only to my batting average. I plan to return from this tour not just with trophies and possibly baby news but also with stories that will become the stuff of legend. And let's be honest, the cricketing world loves nothing more than a good Virat Kohli saga.

So, as we gear up for this epic journey, I ask for your support and understanding. The "Daddy Needs a Laid-Back Vaca Tour" is about to commence, and it promises to be a spectacle of cricketing prowess and, potentially, family expansion. Rest assured, I'll keep you posted on all fronts - from cricketing conquests to personal milestones.

In conclusion, thank you for your unwavering support. Together, let's make this season one for the history books. And remember, in the grand tale of cricket, the Kohli chapter is far from over. In fact, it might just be getting started.

Yours in cricket 

Virat Kohli

Skipping the tour is totally fine. If someone wants to prioritize their child's birth over work, it's totally their prerogative. States like California allow six months off for paternal leave. But why was there a cloak of secrecy and half disclosures? First he was gonna skip only the first two tests. Then it extended to all five tests. And the reason was undisclosed, with coy statements of "respect our privacy at this time". Just be upfront about it and straight bat any criticism out of the stadium. 

And now, the "passionate" Virat will most likely play the IPL, do the usual mc-bc drama and play every single match like he never skipped a beat. 

57 minutes ago, nevada said:

Skipping the tour is totally fine. If someone wants to prioritize their child's birth over work, it's totally their prerogative. States like California allow six months off for paternal leave. But why was there a cloak of secrecy and half disclosures? First he was gonna skip only the first two tests. Then it extended to all five tests. And the reason was undisclosed, with coy statements of "respect our privacy at this time". Just be upfront about it and straight bat any criticism out of the stadium. 

And now, the "passionate" Virat will most likely play the IPL, do the usual mc-bc drama and play every single match like he never skipped a beat. 

The bigger issue is that he knew that his wife was going to give birth well before the English tour began. Instead of giving Team India the time to plan around his absence, he gave them as little notice as possible and then abandoned the team to be with his wife.

In any case it appears whenever Kohli abandons India, they produce series winning performances.

If only Mrs Kohli could plan for another birth in December during India's tour of Australia that would be beautiful.

Expect Mr Kohli to run out of nappy duties and play IPL with full vigor . 

Mrs Kohli might also decide that they need a Summer vaca in the US. Chances of Airbnb getting booked in greater NY / Florida area under the name of Sharma is pretty high . 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:53 AM, figo6762 said:

The Kohli Chronicles Continue!

Dear BCCI,

As I sit here, contemplating my next move on the chessboard of life, it occurs to me that yll, deserve an update from the frontlines of the Kohli empire. Yes, the empire that's about to embark on a grand tour - a thrilling saga featuring the IPL and the World T20 in the USA, or as I like to call it, "The Daddy Needs a Laid-Back Vaca But Still Plans to Dominate Tour."

Let's cut straight to the chase. While I’m off playing cricket, hitting sixes, and charming fans worldwide, there's a subplot brewing that could rival any blockbuster - the potential inception of Kohli No. 3. Picture this: under the dazzling lights of international stadiums, between glorious victories and heart-stopping matches, Anushka and I might just decide to go for the hat-trick. Yes, amidst the triumph and the glory, we might embark on the noble quest of expanding our squad. Because, let's face it, if anyone can balance the intense world of international cricket with the joys and challenges of fatherhood, it's me.

But fear not, dear employer, for this is all part of my master plan. Think of it as investing in the future of cricket - the Kohli legacy. A dynasty, if you will, designed to rule the sport for generations. And while the prospect of another little Kohli running around might send shivers down the spine of bowlers worldwide, I assure you, it only adds to my motivation to perform better. After all, nothing says "world-class cricketer" like dominating the pitch by day and mastering lullabies by night.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Virat, you're irreplaceable on the field. Can we really afford to have your attention divided?" To that, I say - worry not. My ability to juggle responsibilities is second only to my batting average. I plan to return from this tour not just with trophies and possibly baby news but also with stories that will become the stuff of legend. And let's be honest, the cricketing world loves nothing more than a good Virat Kohli saga.

So, as we gear up for this epic journey, I ask for your support and understanding. The "Daddy Needs a Laid-Back Vaca Tour" is about to commence, and it promises to be a spectacle of cricketing prowess and, potentially, family expansion. Rest assured, I'll keep you posted on all fronts - from cricketing conquests to personal milestones.

In conclusion, thank you for your unwavering support. Together, let's make this season one for the history books. And remember, in the grand tale of cricket, the Kohli chapter is far from over. In fact, it might just be getting started.

Yours in cricket 

Virat Kohli

you should apply to kohli to write his biography. “The ups and downs”. On a serious note, how long did it take u to write this? :bow:

Kohli went back the next day after his father died due to heart attack to during  Ranji Trophy and He still went to play the match and helped his team draw the match by scoring 90 as 18 year old.

He allowed to take break but selectors also are allowed to drop him.