Australia in New Zealand (2024)

Making Smith open is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen. #4 can at times bat at #3 or #5, but why open? Sachin, Lara, Sanga, Kallis etc. never opened. Why can't they sacrifice one of their MO guys? 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

This is a good comeback by Aus...  Can't help but wonder their batting unit looks very iffy to me.

India would be very much in it this year against them. 

Ofc the bowling unit is what makes them tick but Indians have historically thrashed Starc in Australia.   

If we do miraculously win at Perth... Or the D/N game..  MCG and SCG have always been friendly to us the final two tests being played there. 

2020-21 was peak Australia, strongest they have been since their 2000s sides. In 2018 anyway their two main batsmen were missing. 

I still can't believe we won that series. Pak, Eng and NZ also toured around that time (+/- one season) and the way Aussies treated those sides was brutal. 

Cummins of 2020-21 BGT was probably the scariest fast bowler the world has witnessed since peak Steyn. And for a 20 yo Washington Sundar to take him on with match delicately poised on day 5 final session in Gabba, words don't do justice. I still believe that Washi has a higher ceiling than Jaiswal, Gill, it is criminal to allow him to rot away or play him in wrong formats. 

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

2020-21 was peak Australia, strongest they have been since their 2000s sides. In 2018 anyway their two main batsmen were missing. 

I still can't believe we won that series. Pak, Eng and NZ also toured around that time (+/- one season) and the way Aussies treated those sides was brutal. 

Cummins of 2020-21 BGT was probably the scariest fast bowler the world has witnessed since peak Steyn. And for a 20 yo Washington Sundar to take him on with match delicately poised on day 5 final session in Gabba, words don't do justice. I still believe that Washi has a higher ceiling than Jaiswal, Gill, it is criminal to allow him to rot away or play him in wrong formats. 

As soon as non performer left ( kohli) our chances of wimning were always going to be high.

Siraj was at his peak.

Pant a freak

Bumrah breathing fire

Pujara the rock

Ice cool captain rahane

19 minutes ago, Kron said:

Check record in india as well. I genuinely cant remember them winning a test. Always thrashing.

India have won 1 test in NZ in the last 50 years, same as Bangladesh. 

NZ last won here with Hadlee in late 80s. 

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Making Smith open is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen. #4 can at times bat at #3 or #5, but why open? Sachin, Lara, Sanga, Kallis etc. never opened. Why can't they sacrifice one of their MO guys? 

Smith's own decision. I guess he wants to prove that he's better than any other number 4 in history

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

India have won 1 test in NZ in the last 50 years, same as Bangladesh. 

NZ last won here with Hadlee in late 80s. 

You mean 1 test series? Yea but rhey havent even qon a game in india since hadlee's era

34 minutes ago, Kron said:

You mean 1 test series? Yea but rhey havent even qon a game in india since hadlee's era

One test win, just one, since 1975-76. Luckily that helped us win the series, our famous fab 5 team vs the weakest NZ team in history. 

Edited by Gollum
21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

One test win, just one, since 1975-76. Luckily that helped us win the series, our famous fab 5 team vs the weakest NZ team in history. 

But we had a lot of daws then eh? 

Atleast we have won 2 seried there. Nz havent won a game since hadlee' days

But still we really really need to up her game there. 

Doesnt help when all they give us is green seamers where pitch looks greener than outfield. When its like that, we are entirely dependent on toss.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Think Sundar as pure batter ship has sailed...  He probably didn't light up domestics or remained injured. Only shot he has if he sneaks into A/R category.   Don't think he is as Talented as Jaiswal though..  He is a freakish stroke maker and can't be compared with any young Indian player rn.  Has David Warner mentality...  Feels like Aus tour will turn him into a Man.  That's his calling. 

Cummins was indeed at his absolute peak in 2020-21 and Also Hazelwood.  Don't think both of them are far off this season too but there is a visible dip.  Starc is running on fumes & probably is 1 more thrashing away from calling it a day.  Reckon Indians will deliver the final blow. 

There is that Bartlett guy and Spencer Johnson..   One of them will make debut vs India confirmed.  

Perth Adelaide (D/N)  and Gabba are first three tests....  So Aussies have given us toughest 3 first up...  Then comes friendly MCG SCG ( we haven't lost there since 2012 disaster) 

If we somehow win in Perth Or the D/N game I reckon we can create history once more 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Think Sundar as pure batter ship has sailed...  He probably didn't light up domestics or remained injured. Only shot he has if he sneaks into A/R category.   Don't think he is as Talented as Jaiswal though..  He is a freakish stroke maker and can't be compared with any young Indian player rn.  Has David Warner mentality...  Feels like Aus tour will turn him into a Man.  That's his calling. 

Cummins was indeed at his absolute peak in 2020-21 and Also Hazelwood.  Don't think both of them are far off this season too but there is a visible dip.  Starc is running on fumes & probably is 1 more thrashing away from calling it a day.  Reckon Indians will deliver the final blow. 

There is that Bartlett guy and Spencer Johnson..   One of them will make debut vs India confirmed.  

Perth Adelaide (D/N)  and Gabba are first three tests....  So Aussies have given us toughest 3 first up...  Then comes friendly MCG SCG ( we haven't lost there since 2012 disaster) 

If we somehow win in Perth Or the D/N game I reckon we can create history once more 

Australia have never lost a d and g game in australia. India havent lost one in indja too.

I think we will lose the seried 3-2. 

Law of averages. 

But yea australia are very much beatable