Why was Kuldeep underbowled

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Butt butt butt trundler King said this guy's a fraud :nevermind:

Did well with the bat too in this innings when we were almost shot with the deficit of 150+.

So far in 3 tests he played

1. Vizag first innings 72/3, the best bowler after Bumrah. 2nd innings he got the most dangerous looking Crawley in that chase.

2. Rajkot his spell on day 3, session 1 without Ashwin, got us back in the match. Wickets of Bairstow and Duckett turned it in our favour.

3. Here despite being sidelined he played the most vital role for us.

I don't think anyone can complain about his returns. Yes, bowling slow is a valid criticism but calling him fraud is just agenda peddling.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Being treated unfairly. It is Kuldeep's time to shine, his era, and I pray he becomes more successful than Ashwin/Jadeja. 

he has already done well overseas in his limited chances. problem is that we don't have a pace AR, and so we keep playing jadeja and/or ashwin overseas. that should change, and kuldeep should be 1st or 2nd spinner overseas.

Problem is Rohit, he has no understanding on rotation of bowlers.Five bowlers means all bowlers should be rotated well.Otherwise you are losing the advantage of having an extra bowler.

Same thing with three spinners, rotate them so each of them has equal chance to make an impact.

Kuldeep getting less overs than both Akash and Siraj was criminal in first innings.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Problem is Rohit, he has no understanding on rotation of bowlers.Five bowlers means all bowlers should be rotated well.Otherwise you are losing the advantage of having an extra bowler.

Same thing with three spinners, rotate them so each of them has equal chance to make an impact.

Kuldeep getting less overs than both Akash and Siraj was criminal in first innings.

So, for Dharamsala, do we really need 3 spinners?  If not, who sits to accommodate an extra seamer?  If we are going to carry 3 spinners and 3 seamers, we'll have to drop Patidar and pick up Bumrah leaving the rest the same.

Knowing our TM, they will drop Siraj and pick up Bumrah, so we will have 3 spinners. Hopefully 2 seamers is enough.

9 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

So, for Dharamsala, do we really need 3 spinners?  If not, who sits to accommodate an extra seamer?  If we are going to carry 3 spinners and 3 seamers, we'll have to drop Patidar and pick up Bumrah leaving the rest the same.

Knowing our TM, they will drop Siraj and pick up Bumrah, so we will have 3 spinners. Hopefully 2 seamers is enough.

6 bowlers is overkill. should be 3 pacers, 2 spinners in dharamsala. ashwin can be rested if we win this test.

6 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

.If conditions need we should not be afraid to play three seamers in India.Whoever is better batsman between Ashwin and Kuldeep should play there as Jadeja is a must for his batting.

Siraj is floating on very thin ice.He has no other skill and he is leaking too many runs. He has no consistency.

Just now, putrevus said:

.If conditions need we should not be afraid to play three seamers in India.Whoever is better batsman between Ashwin and Kuldeep should play there as Jadeja is a must for his batting.

Siraj is floating on very thin ice.He has no other skill and he is leaking too many runs. He has no consistency.

as of now, kuldeep is a better bat. and his bowling has been more potent too.

I would rather not play siraj, but the only other pace alternative is mukesh

Why is Siraj a guaranteed starter everywhere? He blows hot and cold, mostly cold these days, no secondary skill. 

Irrespective of pitch in 5th test, I expect all 3 spinners to make a greater impact than Siraj. Bumrah, Deep and Jadeja, Ashwin, Kuldeep is the way to go. If we had Shami maybe 3 seamers would have found an argument, but not with Siraj, please. 

45 minutes ago, Vijy said:

as of now, kuldeep is a better bat. and his bowling has been more potent too.

I would rather not play siraj, but the only other pace alternative is mukesh

Why are we playing at that godawful place again? Aren't the temps close to sub 20 even in day time?

12 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

If this TM drops Kuldeep to accommodate an extra seamer, I will lose my mind. It has been done in the past. The guy has been money the entire series.

who will you drop?.cant drop Jaddu so its Ashwin vs Kuldeep and unfortunately it will be kuldeep.

57 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

If this TM drops Kuldeep to accommodate an extra seamer, I will lose my mind. It has been done in the past. The guy has been money the entire series.

they should not drop him, but it looks likely that they will

Rohit once in a while gets bored and wants thrilling matches. So he lets opposition to get away and india will be looking down the barrel. His press conference: “ i wanted a challenge n prepare my team for future and hence i am experimenting variable things and players… yadda yadda. But as of this match WE just are not good enough”.

Edited by Chaos
6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Rohit once in a while gets bored and wants thrilling matches. So he lets opposition to get away and india will be looking down the barrel. His press conference: “ i wanted a challenge n prepare my team for future and hence i am experimenting variable things and players… yadda yadda. But as of this match WE just are not good enough”.

he seems to be getting bored easily nowadays, going by the number of tight matches.