Why was Kuldeep underbowled

Poor captaincy by Vada Pav.   But I don't think Kuldeep bowling more overs would hv made much of a difference today.  Root never looked troubled by kuldeep.  Nor did Eng's No. 9 batter Robinson.  In fact, Robinson smashed kuldeep for a 90 metre long six and was looking confident overall.  It's time to accept that our spinners are useless whenever the test is played on pitches which are not rank turners.   Bumrah saved our ass in last 3 tests.  Now our overrated bowling attack is getting badly exposed.     

50 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

ut I don't think Kuldeep bowling more overs would hv made much of a difference today.  Root never looked troubled by kuldeep.

Had he brought Kuldeep on when the ball was still hard, he would have proved more challenging to counter than the darts being thrown from round the wicket by Ashwin. As it turned out, by the time he introduced Kuldeep the ball had gone totally soft and started dying on the pitch.

54 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Poor captaincy by Vada Pav.   But I don't think Kuldeep bowling more overs would hv made much of a difference today.  Root never looked troubled by kuldeep.  Nor did Eng's No. 9 batter Robinson.  In fact, Robinson smashed kuldeep for a 90 metre long six and was looking confident overall.  It's time to accept that our spinners are useless whenever the test is played on pitches which are not rank turners.   Bumrah saved our ass in last 3 tests.  Now our overrated bowling attack is getting badly exposed.     

Robinson isn't a mug. Has 7 fifties and a 100 in county. He can hit anyone for a 6.

Overall our spinners looked flat today. Jadeja got a wicket when ball didn't bounce and Ashwin got Bairstow who played a moronic shot.

Still doesn't make much sense to bowl him so less. I think it's mostly the seniority culture. Nobody wants to leave the ball when he gets. 

10 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

He has generally matched or bettered the veterans in games he's played with them together, the exceptions being an absolute green Lord's deck & a square turner in Chennai. On good pitches he's generally outbowled them!

and yet, seniors first policy always applies.

For all the talk Ashwin needs to step up his game as well ..  he needs to take a hard look at how he is going to help India win this game .. I just don’t know how these bozos don’t feel the pressure or told not to feel it 

25 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

For all the talk Ashwin needs to step up his game as well ..  he needs to take a hard look at how he is going to help India win this game .. I just don’t know how these bozos don’t feel the pressure or told not to feel it 

Asswin needs helpful pitches, otherwise he is useless.

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Kuldeep is a very much confidence bowler and not being allowed to bowl so long will make any bowler lose confidence. You cannot judge his later bowling on his true potential.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Just randomly he rotate the bowlers.

Yes,he' has a habit as you said going through the motions

Things happen if it has to happen,no planning is done spontaneously by Rohit

He hasn't got those nuances,despite playing for so long for all those years

In fact most Indian captains are very much old school and text bookish,out of the box thing is just absent in Indian cricket

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Many posters here believe he would hv won us the WTC 2023 Final in Eng.  Coz he was the no.1 ranked bowler in test.  LOL

What is with these straw man arguments?

Nobody said Ashwin would win us that game. But to not select him when Aussies had 4 left handers in the top 6 along with his brilliant record against Smith and Labu was a monumental blunder. 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Vada pav is a lazy bum. He never talks to bowlers often enough to come up with plans. THere is no real thought behind bowling change, choosing of end. Just randomly he rotate the bowlers. 

yep that cost us the WC. Too laid back