Remembering Steve bucknor

What about plumb LBW he did not give for Sreesanth without which India would lost the Lords test in 2007.India also was not winning that series otherwise.

Was he not the umpire who gave Sachin out against Abdul Razzaq in Kolkatta when ball was not even in the zipcode of the bat.

He was an awful umpire. 

Edited by putrevus
28 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

For some reason he always got praised as being the best umpire going around after Shepherd and I never understood why. It's not just about India games too. He used to take an eternity to raise his finger. 

I remember him being a good umpire during his initial days but in last few years of his career he became really bad maybe due to age catching up.

31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What about plumb LBW he did not give for Sreesanth without which India would lost the Lords test in 2007.India also was not winning that series otherwise.

Was he not the umpire who gave Sachin out against Abdul Razzaq in Kolkatta when ball was not even in the zipcode of the bat.

He was an awful umpire. 

that abdul razzaq one was like distance between india n usa. All time greatest howler

34 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

For some reason he always got praised as being the best umpire going around after Shepherd and I never understood why. It's not just about India games too. He used to take an eternity to raise his finger. 

He was actually okay for a few years and was known for calm demeanor. Then he started giving howler after howler against us. I wonder if something triggered him to consistently give bad decisions like that! There was no DRS back then but umpires' performance was rated based on captains' feedback. I doubt Indian captains would have given him a favorable rating but I guess the glowing review from the opposite captain who benefitted from Bucknor's blunders would have balanced it out! 

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

that abdul razzaq one was like distance between india n usa. All time greatest howler

He sure had something against India in later years of his career.2004 Sydney test was again full of Bucknor royally screwing India.

22 minutes ago, nevada said:

He was actually okay for a few years and was known for calm demeanor. Then he started giving howler after howler against us. I wonder if something triggered him to consistently give bad decisions like that! There was no DRS back then but umpires' performance was rated based on captains' feedback. I doubt Indian captains would have given him a favorable rating but I guess the glowing review from the opposite captain who benefitted from Bucknor's blunders would have balanced it out! 

Don't know if it's a West Indian thing from that '83 wc or something. I've observed this from Cammie smith who was the match ref in most matcjes in that 2001 series who favoured Aussie players for many post match awards and Michael holding too who seems bitter when it comes to anything about India. 

2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

It was outdone by 2007 Sydney. 

IMO India chances of winning the test in 2007 were lower than 2004. Series could have been won in 2004.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

We wouldn't have lost that match if it wasnt for his decisions. There's no debate aeound it, even Ponting admitted as much after the match. 

But they already lost first test in 2007.At best Sydney would have been a draw. With two more tests to go.

2004 was tied 1-1 and Sydney was fourth test.If India won that test , series was won also.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

He sure had something against India in later years of his career.2004 Sydney test was again full of Bucknor royally screwing India.

People like Bucknor and Holding are bitter era of West Indians that cant tolerate India outdoing their legacy.

6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

People like Bucknor and Holding are bitter era of West Indians that cant tolerate India outdoing their legacy.

Holding is worst, he was an idiot.He came across as righteous guy who doing crusade against evil IPL , while serving his masters in England. I hate that guy with passion.

Bucknor was just incompetent. 

Bucknor always had an issue with Sachin for some reason. He gave some ridiculous decisions against him. The shoulder before wicket takes the cake. That was a bad Test for Sachin in terms of decisions. He was given caught at short leg in the first innings when he and Saurav were stitching a great partnership and then the shoulder before wicket in the second when India were battling to save the Test. That was the time when India=Sachin and if he got out we had no chance. Despite all that Sachin still managed to score almost 300 runs in that series. He got couple of other borderline LBW's in that series as well.

There should be no human umpires in the game(unless and until the prediction/data calculation by technology regarding umpires call is 100%)

Most of these gora umpires do their share of mischief in "umpires call" against India,yes not howlers like Bucknor but still

Edited by Suhaan