ARE NRIS HYPOCRITE

ungboysj

On 4/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, Real McCoy said:

Dude I totally forgot this one. Why do you care about that beta comment? You want someone to defend their group? :lol: Come on man. This is the internet. People trash talk all the time on the internet. I dont think many people are taking it seriously as you are. Relax man. You need to let go of this need to control everything. Take a break from politics. You seem to be wounded up tightly. Have an icecream :nice:

many people are nowadays. sign of the times (cf. Harry Styles)

You could say that. I am a NRI.But decided to leave because I didn't believe that India would ever progress.

Even after 10 years of Modi rule, I believe that Kangress will eventually win at some point and that the demography will tilt in favor of minorities with critical mass who will screw this country. 

I hope i am wrong.

12 minutes ago, rish said:

You could say that. I am a NRI.But decided to leave because I didn't believe that India would ever progress.

Even after 10 years of Modi rule, I believe that Kangress will eventually win at some point and that the demography will tilt in favor of minorities with critical mass who will screw this country. 

I hope i am wrong.

There is going to be no demographic tilt. That's not happening. Birth rates are falling across communities.

Also, if a minority/ minorities gain some political power, why would they not want the country to progress?

28 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

There is going to be no demographic tilt. That's not happening. Birth rates are falling across communities.

Also, if a minority/ minorities gain some political power, why would they not want the country to progress?

Because the only way minorities can hold power over the majority, is by foreign support- who will not want India to progress. 

50 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I meant that india would turn into an quasi islamic state. it may progress but much like middle Eastern countries

49 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Because the only way minorities can hold power over the majority, is by foreign support- who will not want India to progress. 

here comes the tesla, the pioneer.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

minorities in charge of a majority never bodes well for the latter or for the territory as a whole: a classic example is all the cases of colonization where a very small foreign elite was able to siphon off massive amounts of wealth and lives.

Just now, Vijy said:

minorities in charge of a majority never bodes well for the latter or for the territory as a whole: a classic example is all the cases of colonization where a very small foreign elite was able to siphon off massive amounts of wealth and lives.

A better example is the rule of the mughals, where they extracted significantly greater tax burden on the majority population compared to native-born monarchies of that day and age ( from Europe to Ottomans to China). 

In a democratic framework, minority rule is unsustainable and can only be made long term via subversion of democracy. 

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

A better example is the rule of the mughals, where they extracted significantly greater tax burden on the majority population compared to native-born monarchies of that day and age ( from Europe to Ottomans to China). 

In a democratic framework, minority rule is unsustainable and can only be made long term via subversion of democracy. 

:goodnight:

39 minutes ago, Vijy said:

@Mariyam did say "some" political power. Not ruling power. 

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He didn’t want to say it, but it is a question about “Islamist” minority having “some” political power that has been detrimental to India’s progress from 1947-2014 (about 5-6 years less) . Also, seen in Europe in recent years. 

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

@Mariyam did say "some" political power. Not ruling power. 

most who get "some" political power will not stop there... they will often pursue "most/all" of it at some point

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

This is actually a poor example. The Mughals were foreign colonialists with personal wealth accumulation as their primary aim. 

Minorities are sons/daughters of the soil, who would partake in a democratic process that is open for all.

Haven't said a thing about 'minority rule', whatever that is. I mentioned some factions of various minorities coming to power. Given that minorities make around 20-22cr of India, it is only natural that people from various minority communities are elected and are handed portfolios.

There is an under representation of Muslims in governance. I do not mean Lok Sabha only, but even across local bodies and state legislature. That is a reality. While its not any kind of reservations that I camour for, at a certain level what India needs is a Muslim majority/sizeable minority constituency to do well on HDI related parameters and governance. A trend setter of sorts. 

@rish The notion that a Muslim leader, when elected is going to try and make his constituency/nation into a quasi Islamic state a la the Middle East is laughable. You harbour a shocking poor opinion of a sizeable chunk of your own countrymen. Has that ever happened. Even in Kashmir the ruling parties (The Abdullahs) have had party members and some family members killed by terrorists because the latter were trying to uphold the constitution.

Just now, Mariyam said:

This is actually a poor example. The Mughals were foreign colonialists with personal wealth accumulation as their primary aim. 

Minorities are sons/daughters of the soil, who would partake in a democratic process that is open for all.

By the time the late Mughals ( ie, Farrukhsiyar onwards) came around, they too were effectively sons of the soil. 

Just now, Mariyam said:

Haven't said a thing about 'minority rule', whatever that is. I mentioned some factions of various minorities coming to power. Given that minorities make around 20-22cr of India, it is only natural that people from various minority communities are elected and are handed portfolios.

There is an under representation of Muslims in governance. I do not mean Lok Sabha only, but even across local bodies and state legislature. That is a reality. While its not any kind of reservations that I camour for, at a certain level what India needs is a Muslim majority/sizeable minority constituency to do well on HDI related parameters and governance. A trend setter of sorts. 

What India needs, is to make the next generation of the current muslims as non muslims. As Pakistan's trajectory from 1947-2000 proved, an affluent muslim community is not in India's interest, as muslims have an ideological bent to wipe out the ethos of the majority of the subcontinent - the hindus, buddhists, jains, sikhs, etc. This cannot be disputed, as hatred of kufr is officially sanctioned in islam. Ergo, *ANY* devout muslim is a civilisational threat to India. But India also cannot progress with 15-20% of its population in a future apartheid or some sort of supression - the numbers are too great to make it work. Ergo, the only solution, is to destabilise islamic presence in India itself and make the future generations of muslims less muslim.  On that score, we are are well behind the curve but are at the same time, catching on- not just in India but around the world itself. 

Just now, Mariyam said:

@rish The notion that a Muslim leader, when elected is going to try and make his constituency/nation into a quasi Islamic state a la the Middle East is laughable. You harbour a shocking poor opinion of a sizeable chunk of your own countrymen. Has that ever happened. Even in Kashmir the ruling parties (The Abdullahs) have had party members and some family members killed by terrorists because the latter were trying to uphold the constitution.

There is nothing laughable in it. Islam is officially genocidal towards kufr ideologies and the faith extolls its devout believers to do everything it can to wipe out the kufr ideologies. As such, given that islamic votebank has outsized control emanating from the hardline clerical class, its irrational to think that a muslim friendly leader, much less a muslim leader, will not be beholden to the civilisational goal of the islamic civilisation to wipe out the kufr and propagate itself. We already see it plain as day with Rahul Gandhi, George Galloway, etc. 
The only reason it hasn't happened, is because a muslim leader or a muslim friendly leader has not been elected in India yet. but they have already showed this is the reality when elected, in places like Pakistan and Bangladesh- where culturally and ideologically, they are not different to Indian muslims either. 

A few good apples do not save the sack and the only solution, is to exert far more pressure on islam to eliminate that particular ideology ( along with all abrahamic ideologies) from humanity, as they are religious fascism and openly espouse hatred and destruction of those who do not agree with it. 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

All these are excuses. 

There are two lifestyles, quality of life which west has to offer and comfort in life which India offers.  It all boils down to which one is your priority. Having spent well over a decade in US, I have a fair sense of what both worlds have to offer, and I am today happy in India.

To me its insane the amount of money people are willing to spend in the name of kids education just to have them settled in US. Large number of these kids will be cleaning windows or working at taco bell or some graveyard shift at a shady gas station to support themselves. 

Anyhow to each his own, in my opinion if you have decent paying job/business stick with India. Only a handful of NRIs can afford your Indian lifestyle in any western country. 

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

All these are excuses. 

There are two lifestyles, quality of life which west has to offer and comfort in life which India offers.  It all boils down to which one is your priority. Having spent well over a decade in US, I have a fair sense of what both worlds have to offer, and I am today happy in India.

To me its insane the amount of money people are willing to spend in the name of kids education just to have them settled in US. Large number of these kids will be cleaning windows or working at taco bell or some graveyard shift at a shady gas station to support themselves. 

Anyhow to each his own, in my opinion if you have decent paying job/business stick with India. Only a handful of NRIs can afford your Indian lifestyle in any western country. 

Not a large number, a minority number. Indians in anglosphere are by far the richest, most successful and well employed demographic in the west. Working at taco bell or mcdonalds while going to school is a common thing here in the west for all but the aristocratic and plutocratic class. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

All these are excuses. 

The USA bug never really infected me. 
Two series of events killed any allure that US would hold for me

1) The electorate re elected GW Bush. They re elected Obama. They elected Trump. 

2) Baby Calm down became a chart buster. I mean it has lyrics like 

no no no wo wo wo wo ye ye ye ye lockdown lockdown. 

That was the last straw. I have no faith in the American populace anymore.

Edited by Mariyam