RCB is a non serious team

cowboysfan

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

RCB and team India rely on the following two facts: (1) it is more profitable to have a few "superstars" (kapil, SRT, kohli) instead of an all-round competent team; and (2) most indians (including invisible majority on ICF) are satisfied with SFs and Fs, not wins.

When we combine (1) and (2), we see why RCB and India continue to be a well-followed enterprise. It is a shrewd business model.

yea. If you listen to interview of DK , RCB fans are the most loyal. Sure they occasionally show outbursts. But generally they are more like Rahul Dravids. They continue supporting them. So there is no real consequence even if they don't deliver for next 10 years.  RCB management escapes from wrath of fans whiile not losing their marketability. Perfect scenario for conman like Mallaya. Till Kohli becomes 50 he will be serving RCB in some capacity.

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

RCB and team India rely on the following two facts: (1) it is more profitable to have a few "superstars" (kapil, SRT, kohli) instead of an all-round competent team; and (2) most indians (including invisible majority on ICF) are satisfied with SFs and Fs, not wins.

When we combine (1) and (2), we see why RCB and India continue to be a well-followed enterprise. It is a shrewd business model.

Allround competent teams don't come out of asses., you need players for that, superstars did not stop the teams from getting players.

It is idiotic to say that superstars have stopped teams from getting other players.

This is not NFL where QB takes most money and teams don't have money to spread around to get allround team.

Throwing wild conspiracy theories is one way to get most attention too.

Edited by putrevus

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

@Vijyyour recent post hit the nerve ,lol

Someone got triggered

They are so insecure about their hero's hero position

They never want it to be threatened

yep, not a surprise to me. I don't care about it though. If people want to support their superstars, it's fine by me. I have seen the same in movies too. Grew up in the South and the North, and I remember the superstar culture prevalent in both places.

Funny how all these strawman arguments are made, and every post is interpreted as being an attack on Kohli, even when I named others explicitly (Sachin and Kapil).

Edited by Vijy

On 4/9/2024 at 3:36 AM, Vijy said:

Also the owners of RCB are rich enough not to care as long as their brands and name is promoted a bit. They (the company) are richer than the Ambanis and are not too serious about the team win and loss as they are not invested personally like indian owners so ego is not there and are not bothered about win or losses or making money at a crazy rate. They are not going to rock the boat or make major changes

RCB can operate at a loss and it wont bother them much.

Edited by New guy

On 4/9/2024 at 4:45 AM, vvvslaxman said:

yea. If you listen to interview of DK , RCB fans are the most loyal. Sure they occasionally show outbursts. But generally they are more like Rahul Dravids. They continue supporting them. So there is no real consequence even if they don't deliver for next 10 years.  RCB management escapes from wrath of fans whiile not losing their marketability. Perfect scenario for conman like Mallaya. Till Kohli becomes 50 he will be serving RCB in some capacity.

Mallya doesnt own RCB anymore, the company which owns it is too big and richer than the Ambanis to care,

I have personally witnessed the RCB fan phenomenon so many times, even this IPL I was at the KKR game, the fans were loud and cheerful and supprting their team and Kohli throughout the match. They loved kohli scoring runs. There was only few moments of silence when narine was going crazy, but every wicket of KKR was cheered so loudly despite match already lost. Fans were having a great time, their spirits never went down.

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Rcb bidders are dumb af. What x factor bowler do they even have?

Maxwell works for Austrlalia because they don't expect him to click in every match. They have guys like Mitch Marsh, Dave warner, Head to cover for his inconsistency.  With RCB it is almost like if Maxie doesn't go bonkers they have nowhere to hide. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Maxwell works for Austrlalia because they don't expect him to click in every match. They have guys like Mitch Marsh, Dave warner, Head to cover for his inconsistency.  With RCB it is almost like if Maxie doesn't go bonkers they have nowhere to hide. 

they have don karthik!!

Strategy against RCB for all opponents should be simple. Let Kohli bat through the innings, let him play maximum number of balls, say 70-75, and let him score around 100 runs. With the remaining 45-50 balls, try to restrict other batters to about 80 runs. That would make a target of around 180, which should be easy to chase on the flat tracks we have seen. 

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

RCB has one of the most loyal fan base. Great fan base to be fair. They deserve better results.

Think RCB mostly has online fan base outside of home turf...  MI I think has massive fan following outside of Social media on streets etc....  Highly popular among casual fan groups.  CSK ofc has biggest fan base. 

RCB is distant third imo and dwindling. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Strategy against RCB for all opponents should be simple. Let Kohli bat through the innings, let him play maximum number of balls, say 70-75, and let him score around 100 runs. With the remaining 45-50 balls, try to restrict other batters to about 80 runs. That would make a target of around 180, which should be easy to chase on the flat tracks we have seen. 

Keep bowling spin to Kohli...  Resort to high pace vs Maxwell or left arm spin if he is Batting with Kohli.  DK is awful vs spin too. 

This side has no firepower whatsoever.