Will this World T20 be a humiliation for India just like 2021?

33 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yuvi was not issue there, Dhoni and his idiotic captaincy was the issue. Seeing how Raina and Yuvi batted in semifinals, it was no brainer to send Raina ahead of Yuvi and himself.But this is same captain who sent Jadeja ahead of Yuvi and Yousuf Pathan in 2009 world t20 too.

Dhoni is just a lucky captain. Just cause he was successful doesn't mean he was a great player. He was never a greaT player. Never. Great only in ODI. Not in tests or t20. Tests decides legend status. To me he will always be the loser who made us lose 8 0 and embarrassed us in front of the world. 

All virat and rohit needed was little ounce of luck. Tosses here and there or just someone clicking. 

Toss especially hurt us badly. 

We could have won 3 or 4 titles by now. 

1 minute ago, Kron said:

Dhoni is just a lucky captain. Just cause he was successful doesn't mean he was a great player. He was never a greaT player. Never. Great only in ODI. Not in tests or t20. Tests decides legend status. To me he will always be the loser who made us lose 8 0 and embarrassed us in front of the world. 

All virat and rohit needed was little ounce of luck. Tosses here and there or just someone clicking. 

Toss especially hurt us badly. 

We could have won 3 or 4 titles by now. 

Not just luck. It is the attitude and lack of smartness of captain makes a difference. Giving up on defending a total after having hte opposition down at 47/3 was criminal. No slip. No attacking field set. No plan to contain Head who is being tamed by all teams even Pakistan.  Neither Kohli nor Rohit have done the basics right in crunch games. They never went for the kill. Especially Rohit had the best bowling unit by some distance. 3 genuinely wicket taking bowlers.  Australia out-strategised us. India went with that hack SKY and paid the penalty.

16 hours ago, TellTheTruth said:

This impact sub nonsense in the IPL is going to prevent India from developing any all rounders needed to win world cups. Why would bowlers need to workon six hitting or batsman work part time bowling when they can just get a impact sub? Such a stupid idea. That and some of the bowling attacks and batting line ups in IPL are terrible compared to top international teams, its hard to judge talent based on it.

Exactly. Another problem with Impact sub is that it artifically boosts your confidence as a batter given the longish batting line up. Somebody like Dube can just go bang bang because CSK has batting till 9 or 10 thanks to impact sub. For team India batting stops at 6 or 7. Will batsmen play with the same fearless attitude then? No. They will start to anchor at 115 SR. That is where we lose games.

2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Exactly. Another problem with Impact sub is that it artifically boosts your confidence as a batter given the longish batting line up. Somebody like Dube can just go bang bang because CSK has batting till 9 or 10 thanks to impact sub. For team India batting stops at 6 or 7. Will batsmen play with the same fearless attitude then? No. They will start to anchor at 115 SR. That is where we lose games.

Without impact sub it is more challenging to get the balance right.  Either way both batting and bowling have to be long meaning they should have more all rounders, semi-all rounders.  If they still don't understand this requirement humiliation is 100% confirmed.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:36 AM, Vijy said:

could have easily won 2017 CT if not for TM and "great" capn's choice of asking Pak to bat first

2014 also missed

2021 wtc dint prepare. Should have won

2022wtc we dint have pant bumrah so it's understandable but again no prep. We can definitely beat Aussies as we have shown in the last 4 series. 

2019 imo was ours for the taking. Dumbass kohli just needed to get selections right and they choked chasing a paltry 240 in modern times.

So 5 titles we lost. 

Edited by Kron
20 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

We wouldn't have won 2021 WTC.  The way Jamieson was bowling , nobody could play him.

Naah we had quite a few opportunities to win that test despite the loss of toss or the lack of preparation.

In the 1st inng we were 149-3 with a set Kohli and Rahane batting. From there we could have scored 300 but we ended up with a paltry 217.

We again got an opportunity to win when we had NZ at 135/5. We could have got a small but significant lead of 30-40 runs but we ended up conceding one by letting their tail wag.

We again had an opportunity to draw (and be joint winners) on the last day. All that we had to do was to somehow survive 2 sessions. But our star Trimurti couldn't play out 1 session among themselves.

This match reminds me of the infamous Sydney 2007 test were from a winning position we had to settle for a draw and then ultimately ended up losing it!

29 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Naah we had quite a few opportunities to win that test despite the loss of toss or the lack of preparation.

In the 1st inng we were 149-3 with a set Kohli and Rahane batting. From there we could have scored 300 but we ended up with a paltry 217.

We again got an opportunity to win when we had NZ at 135/5. We could have got a small but significant lead of 30-40 runs but we ended up conceding one by letting their tail wag.

We again had an opportunity to draw (and be joint winners) on the last day. All that we had to do was to somehow survive 2 sessions. But our star Trimurti couldn't play out 1 session among themselves.

This match reminds me of the infamous Sydney 2007 test were from a winning position we had to settle for a draw and then ultimately ended up losing it!

Yeah, so we were not good enough. We had already been beaten by NZ in NZ. This was not a one-off.  NZ had the superior attack for when the ball was swinging/seaming and Jamieson's height, pace and accuracy back then was an extra advantage for NZ.

I wouldn't count that as a missed opportunity when we were so outskilled  .  There was no evidence we could beat them in such conditions.

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah, so we were not good enough. We had already been beaten by NZ in NZ. This was not a one-off.  NZ had the superior attack for when the ball was swinging/seaming and Jamieson's height, pace and accuracy back then was an extra advantage for NZ.

I wouldn't count that as a missed opportunity when we were so outskilled  .  There was no evidence we could beat them in such conditions.

According to Shastri we would have a easily drawn the game...  It's his biggest regret as per his  interview. 

Still remember Pant played a ATG pathetic shot...  The ugliest of hoicks that opened the door for Kiwis. 

We had no business to lose that game in 3 days. 

Kiwis had just enough time to force a win in final session of 6th day. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

According to Shastri we would have a easily drawn the game...  It's his biggest regret as per his  interview. 

Still remember Pant played a ATG pathetic shot...  The ugliest of hoicks that opened the door for Kiwis. 

We had no business to lose that game in 3 days. 

Kiwis had just enough time to force a win in final session of 6th day. 

Problem is that it's Shastri talking .

Some of the things that he has said now as a commentator/expert are a complete 180 from what he said during his time as coach. Pretty unreliable 

That said , I really do think the difference was Jamieson and we had no answer to his bowling. 

Without him, we could have won that match.

15 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

@Nikhil_cric thoughts on this...  I'd dump Axar to play Kuldeep.  

Keeper choice seems interesting.  Reckon Dhruv will make it as a reserve keeper in either case.  Kela still favorite. 

Yeah one of Jadeja/Axar has to be replaced by Kuldeep.

Not sure whether this is what TM is thinking but this is a better combination than their usual bowling heavy combination. 

Jaiswal and Rinku need to bowl a lot more to provide cover as the extra bowling option. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Let's not hype that NZ team to the moon. Sure the conditions and the match situation wasn't in our favour vis a vis NZ. Otherwise the NZ team was overall weaker than us and even the Aus team. They lucked out winning a one off test in favourable conditions where they also won the toss. 

The fact that we were still ahead of NZ in that match on a few occasions and that it was a rain shortened test, we had no business ending up as losers. The way we batted on the last day was frustrating to watch. Hence I call it a huge missed opportunity.

31 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

@Nikhil_cric thoughts on this...  I'd dump Axar to play Kuldeep.  

Keeper choice seems interesting.  Reckon Dhruv will make it as a reserve keeper in either case.  Kela still favorite. 

no way they won't select Kuldeep. and Rahul is confirmed too

32 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah one of Jadeja/Axar has to be replaced by Kuldeep.

Not sure whether this is what TM is thinking but this is a better combination than their usual bowling heavy combination. 

Jaiswal and Rinku need to bowl a lot more to provide cover as the extra bowling option. 

Personally 5 bowling options is fine by me if they keep batting deep and allow Jaiswal Rinku Dhruv Surya all find a way in... Despite having Kohli Ro in there. 

It's the best we could put up with. 

Unless Fraudeja royally stinks up in coming games (unlikely coz Chepauk is a belter this time)  he will be there so no point him going anywhere + BJP connection. 

25 minutes ago, Lord said:

no way they won't select Kuldeep. and Rahul is confirmed too

This is probable XI...  I agree Kuldeep is confirmed selection along with Fraud at this point. 

Rahul is opening so maybe there is a chance for Dhruv.  Something tells me TM isn't convinced by Jitesh.  And with poor scheduling with few T20Is as sample they will bank on DJ's temperament. 

Either way as of now I think 2 keepers are Rahul and DJ (reserve) 

Edited by Lone Wolf