Mayank Yadav The Next Micheal Holding.

21 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

There goes,i think he will struggle now,animal protein does help .

Could be false advertising to gloat about how good he is despite being a vegetarian supposedly. For marketing reasons. 

I don't think diet matters for fast bowling.  Protein is available  through various sources. This is not 70s or 80s. Umran eats meat. Bit his speed dropped as well. So there is no correlation. Many meat eaters have seen drop in pave. Rabada is one who was trundling at 130k in the recent test series injury is the only thing that he has to worry about. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
59 minutes ago, Kron said:

Now? So he wasn't till now. 

You know what happened to Peter siddle? 

Bowled 137 to 145 on average when he was non vegetarian

When he turned vegetarian he became a trundler.

Over the last two years.

Screenshot_20240404-200444.png

37 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

Is he getting paid by hindu nationalists or animal right activists

Some people get thrill out of claiming to be something they are not because it makes them more popular with fans. 

So mayank could just be sayings things like he is a vegetarian to Garner attention as people would gravitate towards the fact that someone has managed to achieve the impossible despite lacking in terms of diet as vegetarian diets generally aren't ideal for sports. 

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Over the last two years.

Screenshot_20240404-200444.png

Fair enough but he grew up on non veg food. He only made the change recently within the last 2 years. All those years of consuming meat protein etc would have helped him develop the muscles needed for fast bowling so all he has to do now is maintain what has already been developed. 

39 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think diet matters for fast bowling.  Protein is available  through various sources. This is not 70s or 80s. Umran eats meat. Bit his speed dropped as well. So there is no correlation. Many meat eaters have seen drop in pave. Rabada is one who was trundling at 130k in the recent test series injury is the only thing that he has to worry about. 

How often do vegetarian bowlers bowl 140 plus ? Very rare exceptions to the rule mostly. Diet matters alot. 

That's impressive then

I just feel without eating meat or atleast eggs which I have a feeling Sri did consume, then it's just not sustainable for playing sports at top level.

5 minutes ago, Kron said:

Was Sri really a vegetarian? 

He was for most of his years, I read some articles that he had to give up vegetarianism at times as getting pure veg food was very tough for most time in away tours.

He may have consumed at times non veg food. But he was a vegetarian from childhood till he played for India.

6 minutes ago, Kron said:

That's impressive then

I just feel without eating meat or atleast eggs which I have a feeling Sri did consume, then it's just not sustainable for playing sports at top level.

No idea about eggs.

I read an article on vegetarian Indian cricketers and some names like Ishant Sharma, Suresh Raina came up.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

No idea about eggs.

I read an article on vegetarian Indian cricketers and some names like Ishant Sharma, Suresh Raina came up.

Wow interesting. Makes me think how good he could have been with more lean meat consumption. Guess it is possible to reach high speeds with vegetarian but sample size is still low. 

A genuine express pacer  however would be impossible to build on a veg diet without eggs I still feel. 

On 4/4/2024 at 9:35 AM, Kron said:

Now? So he wasn't till now. 

You know what happened to Peter siddle? 

Bowled 137 to 145 on average when he was non vegetarian

When he turned vegetarian he became a trundler.

Abdul Razzaq had a spinach diet. He was called Popeye.