Mayank Yadav The Next Micheal Holding.

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Holding? For that to happen…. He needs to scare the f out of batsman, bowl at 145+ for 10 + yrs and average same as holding. He can be yadav. World has seen barely any holdings.

WI alone has seen quite a few Holding-level bowlers. Hall and Roberts (both have higher avgs, but played in weaker attacks for longer time); Garner; Croft; Marshall; Ambrose.

Agree with rest of post. it is premature to equate him with anyone else for now

Looks rapid on YT videos, but the bowling action is nowhere close to Holding who was as silky as they come. I have been hearing about tearaway fast bowlers upcoming for India, but never see them be play for India, let alone be successful. Bumrah is the fastest we have seen that has had success, but he is not tearaway.

4 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Speed is nothing without skill...

I am happy for his success.. but long way to go

Hurrying batsman with pace is a start. Sure batsman will start to use his pace in the coming days. But that is part and parcel of any pace bowler. I remember how Gayle manhandled 150k deliveries from Brett Lee in ENgland during the world T20. Heck even Krunal Pandya thrashed Mark wood in one of the one dayers. 

5 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Looks rapid on YT videos, but the bowling action is nowhere close to Holding who was as silky as they come. I have been hearing about tearaway fast bowlers upcoming for India, but never see them be play for India, let alone be successful. Bumrah is the fastest we have seen that has had success, but he is not tearaway.

tearaway fast bowlers are not just rare in india, they are rare almost anywhere. none of the current regular Oz, NZ (lockie is not a regular in tests) bowlers are outright tearways. only SA and Eng have nortje and wood.

From Cricinfo:

"Mayank is a 21-year-old fast bowler from Delhi who has had to struggle with injuries. LSG scouted him and looked after him while he was injured during the Ranji Trophy season."

Hope he doesn't suffer any more injuries! Even Joffra Archer looked like he generated "effortless" pace and was compared with Holding, but it took a toll on his body. 

44 minutes ago, nevada said:

From Cricinfo:

"Mayank is a 21-year-old fast bowler from Delhi who has had to struggle with injuries. LSG scouted him and looked after him while he was injured during the Ranji Trophy season."

Hope he doesn't suffer any more injuries! Even Joffra Archer looked like he generated "effortless" pace and was compared with Holding, but it took a toll on his body. 

Wahi hona hai. 

7 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

He is fast. But doesn't seem to have any guile at this point. It's just pace and limited brain. 

he is fast, has control, and extracts bounce. moreover, he opted for short pitch strategy deliberately based on the pitch. he can bowl yorkers too

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

He is fast. But doesn't seem to have any guile at this point. It's just pace and limited brain. 

Generating extra bounce from good length is a handy weapon. He is quite tall with reasonably high arm action. Although I agree, he is very very raw. He didn't bowl a single slower ball either, that is an absolute must in this format.

Edited by Number