MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

it seems Mayank will play on 23rd April- Tuesday evening match with CSK. 

now I want to see whether Dube, MSD , Jaddu, rituraj can play Mayank.

if my understanding is correct - even on a Patta wicket - msd, dube ,Jaddu wont score well against him and even rituraj , ajinkyya , moin ali - at least these guys will find the going very tough against balls reaching the throat close to 149k

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if my understanding is correct - even on a Patta wicket - msd, dube ,Jaddu wont score well against him and even rituraj , ajinkyya , moin ali - at least these guys will find the going very tough against balls reaching the throat close to 149k

Jaddu we already know about... we don't need to see anything with him. Can't even put away full-tosses and it's an achievement for him if he plays an innings with a 130+ SR.

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

They face pathirana in nets who is 140 to 150 bowler. I think they will be fine vs pace but bounce will be the issue. Mayank gets natural bounce at 150. Dangerous combo

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Mayank is 5 k to 6 k quicker than Pathirana. That's a big difference.

Pace is tough but what is tougher is that Mayank was getting bounce exactly up to the lips of a 6 ft batsman from little short of Good length - which is not short bowling that batsman has enough time to handle. 

even the 2 4's that were hit in the third match when he was bowling at 140K were kind of Mishits and batsman was shaky playing those shots.

in the first 2 matches - he was kind of having a dream bowling run , if he continues the same form in one or 2 matches - ajit agarkar should fight out for playing him in the world cup.

The kind of form trevis head is in - he wont spare anyone but BOOM ..siraj ,avesh khan will be giving 18 to 20 runs during power play. i expect Mayank to be a tougher contest to Trevis Head as he is faster than avesh or Siraj.

i read some where they wish to get mayank to play against zimbabawe in the t20/odi series after world cup- which is a safe option but India needs him in the WC.

18 hours ago, AKane said:

Update from Langer

"He is working really hard. He bowled really well this morning. Keeping fingers crossed, I think he will be back in the next game or so," Langer said from the dugout during the clash against Chennai.

The "or so" bothers me. Looks like they are using him up in the nets.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket/when-will-mayank-yadav-play-in-ipl-2024-again-lsg-head-coach-justin-langer-provides-major-update-2024-04-19-927075

Keep rooting for him to be used up uncle

19 hours ago, AKane said:

Update from Langer

"He is working really hard. He bowled really well this morning. Keeping fingers crossed, I think he will be back in the next game or so," Langer said from the dugout during the clash against Chennai.

The "or so" bothers me. Looks like they are using him up in the nets.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket/when-will-mayank-yadav-play-in-ipl-2024-again-lsg-head-coach-justin-langer-provides-major-update-2024-04-19-927075

langoor will do his best to destroy mayank. all ozzies do their best to sabotage ind talents, so that their team continues to do well. ranges from cummer & warner to bunting (ponting) and langoor

19 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

Umran has done it too. Consistently averages close to 150k the same as Mayank. And Umran has bowled at 154-155 in more than 3 games with speed gun. He still holds the record for the fastest ball ever bowled by an Indian pacer. Mayank easily is the better bowler though.

There's Fidel Edwards who almost always seemed to bowl in that pace range. But again lacked the control that Mayank has. 

no, I don't think so - fidel edwards very rarely went over 154-154. he just looked fast because of that action, and the lengths he hit.

re: umran, he is a few kphs slower than mayank in terms of avg pace (not speaking about peak pace, where they may be equal), even when considering both their peak career phases.

having seen every major pacer since 1960s, I can confidently say that mayank's avg pace was matched only by shoaib, lee, and tait among those who had relatively long int'l careers (and maybe thommo too, IMO). there were some who might have gotten there, but got derailed because of injuries.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

no, I don't think so - fidel edwards very rarely went over 154-154. he just looked fast because of that action, and the lengths he hit.

re: umran, he is a few kphs slower than mayank in terms of avg pace (not speaking about peak pace, where they may be equal), even when considering both their peak career phases.

having seen every major pacer since 1960s, I can confidently say that mayank's avg pace was matched only by shoaib, lee, and tait among those who had relatively long int'l careers (and maybe thommo too, IMO). there were some who might have gotten there, but got derailed because of injuries.

Do you think Starc's 160k is legit? He's not bowled over 156(or has he?) other than that one ball. Heck I don't know if he's touched 155 before or after that ball. But suddenly he touched 160k for that one delivery.

Others who touched that mark like Akthar, Lee and Tait has multiple times bowled close to that pace around 158, 159 though. Every bowler I've followed has bowled closer to their fastest balls in their career except for Starc. It makes me wonder if it's down to false speed gun reading. It could be a rare phenomenon too I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, JaFanatic said:

Do you think Starc's 160k is legit? He's not bowled over 156(or has he?) other than that one ball. Heck I don't know if he's touched 155 before or after that ball. But suddenly he touched 160k for that one delivery.

Others who touched that mark like Akthar, Lee and Tait has multiple times bowled close to that pace around 158, 159 though. Every bowler I've followed has bowled closer to their fastest balls in their career except for Starc. It makes me wonder if it's down to false speed gun reading. It could be a rare phenomenon too I don't know. 

Oz speed guns are usually slightly inflated. that's how rando Pak pacers keep hitting high speeds in tests there or Big Bash and so on.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

Starc has rarely crossed 152 k. 

Mostly 140 to 150 k mark even at his peak. 

That 160 k was probably an error as the 2nd fastest ball of that innings was 154 k. And don't know whether he has touched 154 k apart from that innings.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

That was a really fast spell and he did hit 154 too in that spell.

21 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

Umran has done it too. Consistently averages close to 150k the same as Mayank. And Umran has bowled at 154-155 in more than 3 games with speed gun. He still holds the record for the fastest ball ever bowled by an Indian pacer. Mayank easily is the better bowler though.

There's Fidel Edwards who almost always seemed to bowl in that pace range. But again lacked the control that Mayank has. 

Mayank has already bowled more 155+ deliveries than anyone else in IPL history. That too just in 2 games.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That was a really fast spell and he did hit 154 too in that spell.

2016/17-2019 Starc was really quick a proper 145+ kmph bowler usually go in 150s kmph after 2019 all 3 Aus pacer dropped their pace.

This could be due to lack of back-ups in domestic cricket and they might be looking for bit of longevity.

2016 series against NZ where he bowled 160 kmph was a v.rapid spell he was bowling full and fast getting in 150s kmph, during that time he was bowling bouncers over 145 kmph in test which he is not know for.

Never thought a LAF can be this rapid before Johnson and Starc as they need to bring the ball back into the right handed batter to be effective in intnl cricket, Johnson had action to naturally bring ball back into rh batters and Starc is full and fast 

Previous WC was the first WC where they didnt have a proper express bowler. In Aus most of the bowlers bowl faster than usual could be how the pitch responds and a place where bowler can show how fast they could go could a motivational thing.

Edited by tapandrun

15 hours ago, JaFanatic said:

Both him and steyns 154 plus reading is all false.

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

Starc has rarely crossed 152 k. 

Mostly 140 to 150 k mark even at his peak. 

That 160 k was probably an error as the 2nd fastest ball of that innings was 154 k. And don't know whether he has touched 154 k apart from that innings.

100% error. 

Starc is not 155 plus. Never. 

Steyn too was an error.

But our chamcha napunsak will overrated their speeds. 

43 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Ozzie speed guns.

Bro can you explain why our commies and many of the causal fans keep underrated our pacers even when thy are quick? 

Why do they have that mentality still despite us having one of the best attacks in tests and odi for quite some time now? 

It is ridiculous the amount of self hate I see. And the sycophantic behaviour towards their white masters is sickening lol. 

And then you have Aussies hyping this fodder named Spencer as 150 lmao barely touches 146. 

Ans then paks overeating every street bowler. 

Edited by Kron

2 minutes ago, Kron said:

Bro can you explain why our commies and many of the causal fans keep underrated our pacers even when thy are quick? 

Why do they have that mentality still despite us having one of the best attacks in tests and odi for quite some time now? 

It is ridiculous the amount of self hate I see. And the sycophantic behaviour towards their white masters is sickening lol. 

they are bootlickers in every way. for example, subhash gupte was better than benaud as a bowler, and yet latter was far more highly popularized by whiteys. no matter how well our bowlers do, they are seen as second rate. for too long, we have been seen as a batting team, and especially because of our minimal pace bowling culture up to 2010s, this aspect was even more poorly recognized

Mayank has not travelled with LSG and will not play April 23.

Now Mayank will supposedly play on Apr 27.

"Lucknow Super Giants are planning to bring back pace sensation Mayank Yadav in their next IPL fixture at home against Rajasthan Royals on April 27, bowling coach Morne Morkel revealed here on Monday." 

https://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2024/revealed-date-of-return-for-indias-156-7-kmph-pacer-mayank-yadavafter-injury-scare-in-ipl-2024-5499968

Edited by AKane