MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

2 hours ago, AKane said:

Already Irfan Pathan wants to keep out Mayank - as usual.... lack of experience at top level.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/ipl-2024-mayank-yadav-india-squad-t20-world-cup-irfan-pathan-2531307-2024-04-24

Shut up all you establishment toadies.

well as of now, Mayank has not demonstrated anything to be selected in the longer format or even the ODI format. If he plays again this IPL and can terrorise the batsmen with his pace and do good, then he should be picked for the T20 team

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Mayank has done amazingly in List A, including Zonal List A. 

34 wickets from 17 matches averaging 21.6  and ER of 5.35 

That economy rate isnt very convincing and IMO, he needs to play the A level tours in ODI before a national selection. 

For a ODI bowler, their economy rate needs to be below 6 rpo in international level to be effective. Given the gap between List-A and international cricket, i am looking for an ODI bowler with below 5 rpo in List-A otherwise a 5+ economy rate List-A guy will be a 6+  economy rate in ODIs. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

That economy rate isnt very convincing and IMO, he needs to play the A level tours in ODI before a national selection. 

For a ODI bowler, their economy rate needs to be below 6 rpo in international level to be effective. Given the gap between List-A and international cricket, i am looking for an ODI bowler with below 5 rpo in List-A otherwise a 5+ economy rate List-A guy will be a 6+  economy rate in ODIs. 

We are getting 7 rpo matches frequently. ER of 5.35 is quite good even in domestic cricket.

Moreover, I have watched many of those matches and a lot of runs came off edges as captains did not keep fine 3rd man needed for his pace. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Now assistant coach says " he is pretty close to return "

Earlier Coach said he may play on Saturday.

This will go on.

They will wring the sweat out of him in the nets..... before grudgingly giving him a match if it even happens.

6 hours ago, AKane said:

2008-09 historic (not prehistoric) series too has zero current Indian test players playing - minus maybe Ishant or maybe Dinesh Karthik if they resurrect test career. But you had no problem quoting that did you? 

most of ICF has seen, or could have seen, 2008. that's why I referenced it. not because it's any more special than the 68 tour, which led to a more comprehensive victory. however, NZ were utter minnows in the 60s, especially vs spin.

2 minutes ago, AKane said:

funny .... but I honestly think some teams keep the fast guys on the bench, not to play them but to have them bowl at their batting "stars" in the nets. 

can we have mayank, umran, tyagi, and boomer bowl to our batting sooperstahrs, especially without helmets and protective gear? even though they would be erratic, it will be fun to watch

Edited by Vijy

On 4/24/2024 at 6:40 PM, New guy said:

That's because batsmen have forgotten defence. In the 90s players like Dravid could leave balls all day. Today no batsmen can do that, they will 100% try to feel bat on ball after 1 leave and one defence.

And it works both ways, draws are less as batting collapses but we are also seeing record run chases of 250, 300+ in this era which never happened before so it's definitely not the pitches or bowling quality.

It's because t20 has changed batsmen mentality and attitude 

If they had such tight defensive techniques then why did we have so few openers and even no3 back then.Other than Dravid, cant think of anyone who could bat up the order.They used to send all these make shift openers  ,including wk and all rounders.Finally got lucky with sehwag ,hardly a traditional test opener who succeeded  among all the experiments that were tried .

20 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

That means you didnt watch enough cricket of the 90s. Zimbabwe of the 90s troubled every team except Australia and South Africa. 

Your refutation is rejected on grounds of insufficient experience watching the 90s. 

NZ and Eng back then were 90% of what they are today. WI,PAK,SL were 200% of what they are today. Australia & South Africa were 110% of what they are today. So overall, they were better.

They did have a better attack. McGrath,Warne,Gillespie,Fleming & Lee are better than Cummins,Lyon-Hazlewood & Starc and its not even close. 

Its closer between Donald-Pollock-deVilliers-Ntini-Kallis & Rabada-Ngidi and the rest, but still noticably better. 

THat is not relevant to how hard it is for batsmen to play and the objective evidence of that is Pakistani & West Indies bowling with their fragile batting lineup. 

Nope.They wouldn't. because the 90s attack was better and in the 90s RSA had better overall batting than they did since Amla retired. Cullinan-Kirsten-Kallis are better than ABDV +nobody. 

Everyone struggles against premium bowlers, this is not an argument. Sachin played against the most # of great and good bowlers in history of the game and he still had the best stats for the 20 year period he was in his prime-which is longer than most careers, let alone prime. 

Smith can't even average 60 till he hits 10K runs, Sachin averaged 60 for 12K runs over a 19 year period. In a harder era to bat, as indicated by batting averages of the time. 

Bullshit. 

You didnt watch enough games in the 90s if you think that. Sachin literally batted for the team the entire way through the 90s and first half of the 00s. 

You = ignorant without the experience to talk and simply repeating anglo propaganda to diminish the greatest batsman ever.

Me? I am far from being someone who is pro Anglo propaganda. Infact I am openly racist towards them. I am like the furthest you can possibly be from being a pro white dog. 

I am absolutely not diminishing sacchus skills. He would be the best batsman in any era post 70s. But my point is he wouldn't average 60 plus. It would be under 60. 55 to 60. 

I have watched his games at his peak. 

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;page=2;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2168;player_involve=2228;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=01+Jan+1990;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Btw this is his performance against top ranked bowlers of 90s. Mcgrath fleming (who really dint play enough nor do I consider him in the upper echelon but I will let it pass) Waqar wasim Pollock and donald

He averaged a measly 33 in games involving these players. I compared that to Brian Charles and he averaged 41. 

Even guys like ganguly, tilakaratne, Atherton

Chris Cairns, Jayasuriya, thorpe and even Andy flower averaged better.

And absolutely not. 

That's the whole point. You just proved my point. I said they had one great batsman in 2018 with ABd and they made life difficult for Australia and India as we both lost in SA cause of one batsman with their bowling attack. 

Imagine I'd they had their 90s batting unit supporting their current or peak steyn era bowling attack. They would wreak havoc just as much if not more cause they are BETTER than their 90s attack. 

Only a past romanticising,  nostalgic, old is gold and past loving individual would say otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, Kron said:

Me? I am far from being someone who is pro Anglo propaganda. Infact I am openly racist towards them. I am like the furthest you can possibly be from being a pro white dog. 

I am absolutely not diminishing sacchus skills. He would be the best batsman in any era post 70s. But my point is he wouldn't average 60 plus. It would be under 60. 55 to 60. 

I have watched his games at his peak. 

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;page=2;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2168;player_involve=2228;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=01+Jan+1990;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Btw this is his performance against top ranked bowlers of 90s. Mcgrath fleming (who really dint play enough nor do I consider him in the upper echelon but I will let it pass) Waqar wasim Pollock and donald

He averaged a measly 33 in games involving these players. I compared that to Brian Charles and he averaged 41. 

Even guys like ganguly, tilakaratne, Atherton

Chris Cairns, Jayasuriya, thorpe and even Andy flower averaged better.

And absolutely not. 

That's the whole point. You just proved my point. I said they had one great batsman in 2018 with ABd and they made life difficult for Australia and India as we both lost in SA cause of one batsman with their bowling attack. 

Imagine I'd they had their 90s batting unit supporting their current or peak steyn era bowling attack. They would wreak havoc just as much if not more cause they are BETTER than their 90s attack. 

Only a past romanticising,  nostalgic, old is gold and past loving individual would say otherwise. 

it's a very arbit criterion. nasser hussain has one of the highest avgs among those with 20+ tests against this crop of bowlers, but the fact is that he was a mediocre sub-ganguly-level batter.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

it's a very arbit criterion. nasser hussain has one of the highest avgs among those with 20+ tests against this crop of bowlers, but the fact is that he was a mediocre sub-ganguly-level batter.

Yea I get that but my point was that 90s bowlers aren't better than current lot. I don't feel that way at all. Pace bowlers only I mean. Not talking about spin. Post 2014 era all big 5 teams had equal or better bowlig units than their predecessors in 90s.

I do agree Sri Lankas and West indies are fodder now but even in 90s  Lanka never won a test in India. They had a chucker. 

Like number 1 and 2 bowlers across both era's are equal but the depth is better now amongst big teams. 3rd and 4th bowling options are better. Talking about pace only. 

Edited by Kron

3 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

If they had such tight defensive techniques then why did we have so few openers and even no3 back then.Other than Dravid, cant think of anyone who could bat up the order.They used to send all these make shift openers  ,including wk and all rounders.Finally got lucky with sehwag ,hardly a traditional test opener who succeeded  among all the experiments that were tried .

Only cause no drs. Their trousers would drop if they had to play in drs era. Lot of technical issues will be open to exploit by the deadly modern pacers