New Zealand vs Pakistan | 1st T20I | Rawalpindi | 18th February, 2024 | Match Thread

Should be a very interesting series coming up with NZ trying out some of their best domestic talents 

Tim Robinson - as opener, he was striking at 180 odd in the Super Smash and was faster than even Finn Allen

Josh Clarkson - probably the best #6 in the Super Smash

Ben Sears and Will O'Rourke - 2 bowlers with genuine pace

Zakary Foulkes - an allrounder who could be competing with Neesham for that spot in the XV

Both the NZ top order and their fast bowling stocks have question marks leading up to the World T20

Tim Seifert could be challenging a slow striking Devon Conway at the top of the order and Robinson could be doing the same to Williamson.

This series could be a straight shootout between the Foulkes and Neesham for the allrounder spot in the squad.   And NZ will certainly be looking for 2 more fast bowlers since Boult and Lockie are most likely the only "locks" in the fast bowling department.

Upto 5 spots in that NZ World T20 squad are up for debate and this series against a full strength PAK could go a long way in determining those. 

20 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Should be a very interesting series coming up with NZ trying out some of their best domestic talents 

Tim Robinson - as opener, he was striking at 180 odd in the Super Smash and was faster than even Finn Allen

Josh Clarkson - probably the best #6 in the Super Smash

Ben Sears and Will O'Rourke - 2 bowlers with genuine pace

Zakary Foulkes - an allrounder who could be competing with Neesham for that spot in the XV

Both the NZ top order and their fast bowling stocks have question marks leading up to the World T20

Tim Seifert could be challenging a slow striking Devon Conway at the top of the order and Robinson could be doing the same to Williamson.

This series could be a straight shootout between the Foulkes and Neesham for the allrounder spot in the squad.   And NZ will certainly be looking for 2 more fast bowlers since Boult and Lockie are most likely the only "locks" in the fast bowling department.

Upto 5 spots in that NZ World T20 squad are up for debate and this series against a full strength PAK could go a long way in determining those. 

Without Finn Allen and Milne...  Looks like a easy Poyzz victory. 

Still expect them to drop a game. 

Tim Robinson and Sears one to watch out for. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Without Finn Allen and Milne...  Looks like a easy Poyzz victory. 

Still expect them to drop a game. 

Tim Robinson and Sears one to watch out for. 

I don't NZ will care about the result too much. 

It's about the World T20 squad and they're looking to plug some holes in that squad. 

7 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't NZ will care about the result too much. 

It's about the World T20 squad and they're looking to plug some holes in that squad. 

Kiwis are conservative themselves...  Gary Stead is even more Dravid than Dravid himself...  Boult Southee Henry will be usual three pacers in WT20.

Allen Conway Ravindra likely Top 3 with Mitchell Needham Phillips in lower middle order. 

Nothing much to see here. 

It'd have been much better to hold a quadrangular series with Bangladesh, Afghanistan alongside this club level NZ side. Maybe even add Ireland..

I'd have probably watched this over the phateechar league. :giggle:

NZ-Cricket surprises, with not a big population and cricket not being the 1st and the only game, cricket is mostly summer time sports.

And domestic kind of freezes in winter they still keep producing top player and since Bond they have some kind of genuine pacer going around.

Heard Sears is high 140s kmph bowler, bowled quick spell against Aus in test  

Edited by tapandrun
2 hours ago, Chaos said:

@Nikhil_cric  w t f amir the cheat is back? Even u-19 nz is better than this. But cant believe this cheat is back, he will get destroyed by normal teams. Wow king bubur scores his typical run a ball. 

He would run through kohli and babar though

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

my arse he would run thru kohli. He teaches pooki bowlers lessons all the time

Sorry I meant rohit. And kela as well

Kohli usually has problems left arm pace