Telangana police to conduct further probe into Rohith Vemula death after filing closure report that claimed he was not Dalit

gattaca

BJP , ABVP, Bandaru and Irani were blamed. Finally the truth is he was not a Dalit and university found and stopped his fund and suspended from hostel. Rahul Gandhi made a big issue in Telangana and even talked about in parliament and even tweets yearly.

In closure report filed in March, police absolved all accused and said he died by suicide amid fear that his ‘real caste’ identity would be revealed

More than a month after the Telangana police filed a closure report in their investigation into the January 2016 death of University of Hyderabad PhD scholar Rohith Vemula, the state Director General of Police said they have decided to conduct further investigations as “some doubts have been expressed” by Vemula’s mother and others.

The closure report filed by the police had claimed that Vemula was not a Dalit and that it was likely the fear that his “real caste” would be revealed was what led him to suicide. It had also absolved all those accused in the case.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/telangana-police-rohith-vemula-closure-report-dalit-9306226/lite/

17 hours ago, gattaca said:

The closure report filed by the police had claimed that Vemula was not a Dalit and that it was likely the fear that his “real caste” would be revealed was what led him to suicide. 

Hmmm. Somehow this doesn't convince me. This is the quote in the article about his brother's opinion

Raja Vemula, Rohith’s brother, said the family had been shocked by the closure report. “The responsibility of the Telangana Police was to investigate if my brother was harassed to the point that he took his life. Instead, they again went for his caste. We are not going to take this, we are going to fight,” he said.

I don't know about this person or telengana but this appears to be a normal reaction. Anyway condolences to his family

13 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Yeah that was quite smug for her to say that. Priyanka was supposed to be the smart one of the two. It looks like it was deliberately done by the order of the italian waitress turned empress

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Hmmm. Somehow this doesn't convince me. This is the quote in the article about his brother's opinion

I don't know about this person or telengana but this appears to be a normal reaction. Anyway condolences to his family

Because his mother secured a fake Dalit caste certificate and he secured the seat, scholarship and hostel. This is what police had in the closure report. The college found out they were fake and banned him from college and hostel. His scholarship was stopped. The family looks like is not accepting it but they want to probe it in a different way and he was harassed.

6 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Because his mother secured a fake Dalit caste certificate and he secured the seat, scholarship and hostel. This is what police had in the closure report. The college found out they were fake and banned him from college and hostel. His scholarship was stopped. The family looks like is not accepting it but they want to probe it in a different way and he was harassed.

Yeah I saw the article. Him committing suicide over news of him kicked out of the hostel and the report damning him is not convincing IMO. It can happen to somebody who is mentally weak which he doesn't seem to be with all the fights over political matters.

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 11:26 PM, Real McCoy said:

Yeah I saw the article. Him committing suicide over news of him kicked out of the hostel and the report damning him is not convincing IMO. It can happen to somebody who is mentally weak which he doesn't seem to be with all the fights over political matters.

We can all speculate here. The current Telangana govt is congress. They have motivation to nail it on BJP even if they found an ounce of evidence. If his Dalit status is removed he will loose his seat in college, scholarship and hostel as well. It means no job as well. It is unfortunate he lost his life over this. 

Edited by gattaca

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 4:26 AM, Real McCoy said:

Anjani claims that she adopted Rohiths mother Radhika from someone.

I am a Vaddera (OBC). Radhika’s parents were Mala (Scheduled Caste). I never bothered about her caste. She was like my own daughter. I married her to a man from my caste,” Anjani says

https://www.hindustantimes.com/static/rohith-vemula-an-unfinished-portrait/

So No, Rohith Vemula can not be classified as Dalit as per Indian tradition and law (Allthough I am opposed to this tradition and to me caste/religion of mother should be used as identity of children).

He used fake papers to get admission and created ruckus in Uni only later to realize that he has dug a hole for himself.

PS: Fake papers are a regular thing among people seeking school/college admission. A class 1 SC Government Officer I know used wife name on his three Kids certificate as she was unemployed SC. This is very simple parental love.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

Rohit Vemula did use a false certificate to gain admission. 

Whether that's the cause for his Suicide should have been more thoroughly investigated 

I think he had unresolved mental issues.  Like depression.

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

I think he had unresolved mental issues.  Like depression.

maybe impostor syndrome too. it is common in physical science PhDs

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

They should reach out to pandya

brothers for help. They defrauded close to 200+ crores in broad day light. 

16 hours ago, Vijy said:

I read about this syndrome on Wiki just now. Seems a very plausible reason.

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I read about this syndrome on Wiki just now. Seems a very plausible reason.

yes, it is well documented in West; less studies in India, but that doesn't mean that it is less prevalent