Sooo.... Badri got moved up the order...

Sachinism

Guest Hiten.
haha, no reply to that.. i is win da debate :yahoo: :haha:
Lol...people still write LEGENDZ Sehwag's name as SHEWAG. Badri the noob will have to wait. :giggle:
Hi, PK this is Dravid ...Dravid this is PK (Hint: Dravid's nick on DesiTorrents is SHEWAG :hahaha:)

Man this is amazing. When he comes in at #7, he's coming too low because he has to adjust before he can play. Now you give him 20 overs, and say just rotate the strike with Hayden and hit the occasional boundary - he fails, and again its the captain's fault. If you noticed something, our top order (after the openers) is very rarely fixed during Dhoni's stint as captaincy. He comes up sometimes, he sends Raina up, he asks Yuvraj to bat at #4, or something where he thinks will do the job for the team on that day in that situation. If Badrinath can only bat at #4, then he's useless and doesn't deserve a chance anywhere in any Indian team. Thats called being one-dimensional and useless. If you're going to go and cry "give me a chance to fail", and then actually do fail when given chances, you're not going to get anymore chances. Moreover, I believe someone was saying that Dhoni ought to promote other batsmen up the order to give them a chance to get back into form just like he'd done the other day. He did. They failed, unlike Dhoni himself, who's in better form now. Again, its Dhoni's fault. Now the only thing he can do is drop Badrinath because he's unable to do any role Dhoni gives him properly. But that again will be met with "he hates Badri." You guys are awesome. Keep it up.
The thing is many players love the #4, #5 position. (It's true with RD as well). You can find gaps easily to take singles and you can take time and then accelerate. I am not suggesting that Badri be played at #4 in all games because some others might be better in that position, but he will probably do his best when he comes after the power play overs are done with and he still has some time.

The thing is many players love the #4' date=' #5 position. (It's true with RD as well). You can find gaps easily to take singles and you can take time and then accelerate. I am not suggesting that Badri be played at #4 in all games because some others might be better in that position, but he will probably do his best when he comes after the power play overs are done with and he still has some time.[/quote'] Yup, and I agree. I'm just saying that when MSD does push himself above people to come at #3 or #4, he does it with a reason - and he's almost always delivered. For someone who averages nearly 70 at #3, he rarely comes at that spot anymore (in ODis).

Badri lost a lot of brownie points when he failed to take us home against best-enemy, Mukesh Ambani’s spare change XI. But he has won a lot of it back by winning against the MI Lite. Version, the venerable Pune Puppies. :phehehe:

I am starting to rate this guy higher than Vijay. Quite impressed with his temperament and shot selection compared to Vijay. Vijay has been tried as a backup for a long time though not successful on most occasions especially in the shorter versions. I would prefer to replace Vijay with Badri as the test and ODI backup.

I am starting to rate this guy higher than Vijay.
No comparison. Badri belongs to a different class, M.Vijay is not even close. Badri is just born at a time when the competition for Test-middle-order was intense and in fact for a while the Test-middle-order was fixed as Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly - all legends.