Rahul Dravid returns to the ODI team for Compaq cup and Champions Trophy

Feed

In the last 2 years since he had been dropped not a single statement from the great man, saying that "he would return back to the ODI scene" or "he is planning on retiring from ODI cricket"..he just chose to keep quiet and continued to play cricket, in the process outshining most of the younger lot in a format that was not even suited for him ( so they say, well even i had said that at one point of time) 20-20 and now has made a comeback to the team..Rahul Dravid is, was and will be a champion player and he will surely find his touch again in the SL series.. A good move by the selectors and i hope Rahul succeeds and continues to play ODI cricket until he decides it is time and hangs his boots eventually.. All the very best Champ!! :)

In the last 2 years since he had been dropped not a single statement from the great man, saying that "he would return back to the ODI scene" or "he is planning on retiring from ODI cricket"..he just chose to keep quiet and continued to play cricket, in the process outshining most of the younger lot in a format that was not even suited for him ( so they say, well even i had said that at one point of time) 20-20 and now has made a comeback to the team..Rahul Dravid is, was and will be a champion player and he will surely find his touch again in the SL series.. A good move by the selectors and i hope Rahul succeeds and continues to play ODI cricket until he decides it is time and hangs his boots eventually.. All the very best Champ!! :)
Legend dravid1.jpg
In the last 2 years since he had been dropped not a single statement from the great man' date= saying that "he would return back to the ODI scene" or "he is planning on retiring from ODI cricket"..he just chose to keep quiet and continued to play cricket, in the process outshining most of the younger lot in a format that was not even suited for him ( so they say, well even i had said that at one point of time) 20-20 and now has made a comeback to the team..Rahul Dravid is, was and will be a champion player and he will surely find his touch again in the SL series.. A good move by the selectors and i hope Rahul succeeds and continues to play ODI cricket until he decides it is time and hangs his boots eventually.. All the very best Champ!! :)
Well said! This was an inevitable move. They youngster chosen to replace him fell short on multiple occasions, while Dravid kept proving that he was more than a handy bat in the IPL. This tale is so similar to Ganguly's. He almost went the entire 2006 without playing a single international match, before coming back in 2007 and finishing it as the top run getter in tests in that calendar year. Still, I doubt if Dravid can have a similar fairytale comeback.

I think the selectors and BCCI have got a readymade "bali ka bakra" in case we dont do well in CT What baffles me the most is, if Dravid was to play in these series and was part of selectors plan ( after they saw youngsters struggle in t20 wc), why wasnt Dravid sent to WI to assess his odi form?

Not about proving a point-Dravid Rahul Dravid's limited-over career appeared to be over when India's selectors plumped for youngsters in late 2007. But now, after a lengthy stint on the sidelines, the 36-year-old Dravid is back for next month's tri-series in Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy. He said he didn't look at the recall as a chance to prove his detractors wrong. "I have never played my cricket that way, wanting to prove a point," Dravid told the Deccan Herald. "To me, it's about trying your best to be the best you can be, day after day, in whichever format you are playing and for whichever team you are playing." Dravid, who has had a long break after the IPL ended in May, said: "It's nice to be back, I am very happy. I am looking forward to the Sri Lanka tri-series and the Champions Trophy in South Africa, to giving it my best. It will be nice to catch up with the boys once again." Dravid has played 333 ODIs and is among a few batsman to have made over 10,000 runs in the format. "I will do my best for the team's cause," he said. "I have always believed in preparing well before a match or a competition and it will be no different this time."

What the hell is this? this is the stupidest decision I've ever heard of! There are sooooo many young talents waiting to get a chance and you go back to your old/half dead horse.... and what kind of farewell is this??? What if he doesn't score? What if he fails which he will.... people will lose respect even more