How about Jadeja in place of Yuvi in tests?

Its a good call, he can keep it tight for a good spell from one end and allow frontline bowlers to attack more- so that could prove useful. But is he a good enough a batter for test cricket? I havent seen enough of his batting, certainly his FC record suggests he can be a genuine allrounder. What would we want/expect from him? Tight bowling, maybe 2 or 3 wickets and useful runs coming in late in the order. If he can average 30ish with the bat, itll be good going. Having said all that I think Sehwag can bowl a bit more in tests, depending on his shoulder, as can Yuv a bit. Plus I have faith that Yuvraj will go on to become a test class batsman, think his recent form suggests he is improving on that front. I dont think he should be dropped for a little while yet. Pathan is the guy who can be our test all rounder. Man of the match in Perth victory lest we forget, guy can take wickets with the new ball and score runs. Hope he gets into good form soon.

that guy takes 4 wickets in a match against the lankans, and plays couple of good cameos on dead flat pitches, and give him a test spot talks start... indian fans :rolleyes: this fool has a long way to go...
I dont think he is another bits n pieces player . I believe he is very underrated as a bowler thanks to his 'all rounder' tag. More he plays in tests, more he improves as a bowler. He is good enough bat to play at 7.
I dont think he has the technique for it. if Yuvraj is to be dropped in Tests ' date=' then the successor has to be Badrinath. I mean, come on ... at least give him a chance. If he fails, he fails but its unfair to constantly put guys ahead of him.[/quote'] in b4 chandan declares S.B. as yuseless and only fit for domestics :winky:
I dont think he has the technique for it. if Yuvraj is to be dropped in Tests ' date=' then the successor has to be Badrinath. I mean, come on ... at least give him a chance. If he fails, he fails but its unfair to constantly put guys ahead of him.[/quote'] I agree Badri should be given a chance but not at the expense of Yuvi. Badri has been exceptional in domestic circuit for 3-4 years and he deserves his chance. But unfortunately he'll have to wait for one of the greats to retire. My intention is to replace Yuvi with a bowling allrounder so that we can go with 3 pacers. I feel 5 bowlers is must in tests for consistent success and this 4 bowler-7 batsmen strategy is temporary arrangement though it is working for us.

^ Particularly considering our bowling, especially on home pattas aint so hot. VVSL is right : Chawla, he could be the bowler batsman that might prove so useful. Im sure he is much more of a wicket taking option than RJ. But good enough a batsman to be a 'allrounder'? Maybe the spin attack should be Powar + Chawla and 3 pacers, as both Powar and Chawla can bat a bit :D