Yusuf in ODI squad; Gambhir, Zaheer ruled out

Prudent

I would have personally liked Irfan instead of Yusuf .. rest of the team seems ok .. I am confused whether Yusuf has really got form as he has hit another 40 ball century for Baroda against Maharastra a couple of days ago .. he seems to be getting good scores in domestic matches but will need to check if he can really smash international bowlers too in his current form .. I would play him in this series and give him maybe no.4 or 5 position this time .. we are missing many batsmen this time and let him prove himself if he can or he can bid adieu forever if he fails My playing XI for this series would be: Sehwag Sachin Kohli MSD Raina Yusuf Nayar PK Mishra Nehra Sreesanth I might give Yusuf a chance in the first 15 overs too in a match or two to check if he is really in form because PP overs would suit him if he is really in form

I saw that 210 innings highlights. South Zone was a diagrace :cantstop:. What a horrible fielding that was. Dinesh Karthik got annoyed and finally decided to field himself leaving keeper duty to someone else. Then the keeper messed up couple of chances. He dived around and tried to set example. But South Zone fielders were dropping one sitter after another. That was a fluke innings. Poor left arm spinner had to go through the brutality of Yusuf. They dropped atleast 3 catches off his bowling. This is exactly the same Yusuf we saw before. When he connects it was like going to moon. Even his mishits were going miles. But fielding was utterly disgraceful.

u r giving incomplete info.Pandey was the highest scorer of the season.all of them couldnt have come in one match. n u cant ignore List A performances like that.why play them if they r not gonna be used for ODI selection? Dhawan also scored 70 runs v SA,thats not a bad performance surely? P.S. gotta go now.will reply later to whatever u reply
In Dhoni's words
"You can say we have quite a few batsmen who can bowl. We are still searching for the perfect allrounder, a fast bowling allrounder, because it balances the team combination."
That means they are still searching for a fast bowling allrounder and dont see Nayar as an allrounder but as a pure batsman.
In this side it is good that we have batsmen who can bowl like [Virender] Sehwag, Abhishek Nayar, Yusuf Pathan, [Ravindra] Jadeja and Suresh Raina. So we have quite a few batsmen who can bowl. There is some extra help in case one of your regular bowler is struggling."
So he considers Nayar as a batsman who can bowl just like Raina or Sehwag which confirms my theory that he is selected as a batsman not as an allrounder :--D
In Dhoni's words That means they are still searching for a fast bowling allrounder and dont see Nayar as an allrounder but as a pure batsman. So he considers Nayar as a batsman who can bowl just like Raina or Sehwag which confirms my theory that he is selected as a batsman not as an allrounder :--D
Nayar's bowling is very ordinary. He barely bowls @ 120kph
I saw that 210 innings highlights. South Zone was a diagrace :cantstop:. What a horrible fielding that was. Dinesh Karthik got annoyed and finally decided to field himself leaving keeper duty to someone else. Then the keeper messed up couple of chances. He dived around and tried to set example. But South Zone fielders were dropping one sitter after another. That was a fluke innings. Poor left arm spinner had to go through the brutality of Yusuf. They dropped atleast 3 catches off his bowling. This is exactly the same Yusuf we saw before. When he connects it was like going to moon. Even his mishits were going miles. But fielding was utterly disgraceful.
where? :woot:

Just finished watching the highlights. A couple of observations : 1. Pathan seemed to have been batting with a lower back lift, more so in the first 100 runs of his innings. That's a big positive. 2. He seems to have worked on his off side batting. Played some good shots behind square on the off, though it might be because of the placid track and insipid bowling. He has been given another chance, but he must realize that the number 7 batsman in ODIs is not there to just mindlessly slog away. Given that the World Cup is to be played in India, he still has a chance to contribute at a significant level.