CHE PUJARA is the real deal!

Pujara is a decent batsmen.Can't compare him with Legends like VVS' date=' Dravid.He looks pretty organized and has some variety of shots, but i am still not convinced by his stance and his Flick shot, he looks to fall over for a ball while flicking, and more often on slow tracks can pop it up in the air towards that Mid-wicket fielder.Having said that, it was his first game, and we need to take a look at this guy for another 4-5 games before commenting on his future.yes this man looks good, solid, but still his weaknesses(if any) will come out in the near future as we see him play more and more.I think he can be given chances in the upcoming NZ series and shall be taken to S.Africa for some practice games to see whether he can play on those tricky conditions well.[/quote'] he will certainly have problems with incoming deliveries
Who gives a damn about stance we want runs and victories and what i saw today shows Pujara is going to be quailty player in indian cricket i hope he doesnt turn into another Rohit sharma
On Indian pitches maybe it doesnt matter but against a moving ball he might feel cramped up.

Hang on to your horses boys. For all you know he may not even get an opportunity in the next 5 tests. He looks good, but give him at least a year. World over lots of players have done well in their first or eve second seasons. It's once the bowlers start having plans for them or sort them out will we know their real value. How well does the batsman adapt and succeeds. Pujara for starters looks good, let's hope he delivers in the long run. The one game I saw him on that Eng A tour, he was poor, but it could have been me with my rotten luck too as he scored heavily else where on that tour.

People who have orgasms from this one knock should remember a guy called Sadagopan Ramesh He faced Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis for about 8 overs before close of play, and everyone thought he is the next best thing. Dont push this lad too high on the pedestal and push thim down when he see few failures. I am just hoping this guy will turn into a great player and not fizzle out like many other domestic giants

People who have orgasms from this one knock should remember a guy called Sadagopan Ramesh He faced Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis for about 8 overs before close of play, and everyone thought he is the next best thing. Dont push this lad too high on the pedestal and push thim down when he see few failures. I am just hoping this guy will turn into a great player and not fizzle out like many other domestic giants
S Ramesh had the talent, but as happened with many, never delivered and fade away, anyway Pujara is in better company of fellow players and with better captain, he should enjoy playing cricket with Raina and Vijay as well as with Sachin and Veeru
S Ramesh had the talent' date=' but as happened with many, never delivered and fade away, anyway Pujara is in better company of fellow players and with better captain, he should enjoy playing cricket with Raina and Vijay as well as with Sachin and Veeru[/quote'] Ramesh wasnt a bad player and he had delivered on many occasions....it was just for an injury that he got out of the team and never and selected and played again....dnt know what was the reason for that at that time.........he did nt have a bad average for an opener at that time coz bowling standards were good too....

Well he delivered is most pressure cooker situation against the opposition who always make it difficult for newbies to come good. It was 4th innings of Test match. He may not have great stance. The most important thing that matter is TEMPERAMENT and he has plenty of them. He lives in my home town and I have met him once. All I hear about him, he just loves to bat, bat and bat.

This is what Ganguly said about him as well after observing him at KKR. Unlike some of the other youngsters it seems his focus is completely on his cricket which is a good sign.
I hope he can stick to that. Thats what helped SRT, AK, RD become legends. Its tough for him to keep that focus, with all kinds of tamasha-masala kirket and glitziness these days. So kudos to him if he has a good focus. And I hope the Kohlis and the Nohit-but-I-am-wonderSharma and other upcoming players can also keep the focus on the cricket mainly.
I hope he can stick to that. Thats what helped SRT' date= AK, RD become legends. Its tough for him to keep that focus, with all kinds of tamasha-masala kirket and glitziness these days. So kudos to him if he has a good focus. And I hope the Kohlis and the Nohit-but-I-am-wonderSharma and other upcoming players can also keep the focus on the cricket mainly.
VVS, SG,VS arent good enough to be called Legends? :hmmm:

This guy had shown a glimpse of what he is capable of in IPL this year. In the last match against Royals we wre chasing some 140 odd, we lost 2 wickets of Mcculum and Gayle early. Sourav and Pujara took us home. The pitch was turning quite a lot and was very slow. He kept on playing strokes against the spin against shane warne. So he 'may' not be a one innings wonder as many things of him.

the difference between Ramesh and Pujara , Pujara has scored heavly in domestic competitions and has shown appetite for big scores, which Ramesh never had, Pujara is similar to Laxman in that sense. Laxman forced his way into Indian cricket team in spite of couple of early failures by force of his domestic scores.