Row after India minister calls homosexuality a disease

Sachinism

Was just looking this guy up on wiki to see what exactly are his educational/political credentials. Seems to be a good organizer. Here's something else in that article that caught my eye where do they come up with this stuff? Thats one in every twelve Indians. Seems totally wrong.
Thats about the international average.

Thats about the international average.
How do they estimate this number anyways? Comes as a shock to me. I have very rarely come across gays or lesbians. Or if I did, I didn't know that they were. Maybe they just aren't open about it. I thought it was more like 1 in 100 or in that range. Either ways, its a deplorable comment from the Health Minister.

Was just looking this guy up on wiki to see what exactly are his educational/political credentials. Seems to be a good organizer. Here's something else in that article that caught my eye where do they come up with this stuff? Thats one in every twelve Indians. Seems totally wrong.
Dumb comments from Mr Azad . Seriously ,without Census or a survey of that kind how is it possible to say there are these many people from LSBT community .
Got this from a blog.
How do they estimate this number anyways? Comes as a shock to me. I have very rarely come across gays or lesbians. Or if I did, I didn't know that they were. Maybe they just aren't open about it. I thought it was more like 1 in 100 or in that range. Either ways, its a deplorable comment from the Health Minister.
Well the estimate by Humsafar Trust (an organization for Indian Gay & Transgender sexual health) was 70 million. Note that this number included gays, lesbians and transgenders. Most of you might have come across many transgender in India. It's not that rare. What's rare is gay and lesbian population. Transgender are not gay/lesbian.