Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

He's not Glen McGrath. He can't always take wickets. What has Ishant done compared to him in this series and what has Sree done compared to him in this match. I'm not having a go at these two but if your gonna ask questions of Praveen' date=' you have to ask the same questions of the other 2.[/quote'] Ishant still troubled batsmen, bowled at pace, PK was completely ineffective till the second new ball came. PK is not going to be out a long term test option. Don't why selectors are wasting time with short term investments. Ishant will learn. He is inconsistent, but whenever he is in zone, he can rattle any batsman. He is still very young and most importantly has ingredients of being a world class bowler.
Ishant still troubled batsmen' date=' bowled at pace, PK was completely ineffective till the second new ball came. PK is not going to be out a long term test option. Don't why selectors are wasting time with short term investments. Ishant will learn. He is inconsistent, but whenever he is in zone, he can rattle any batsman. He is still very young and most importantly has ingredients of being a world class bowler.[/quote'] Its obvious you have some axe to grind against PK. He was the only bowler of ours who consistently troubled the batsmen in both the tests AND bowled well in WI as well.

When you lose after becoming world champs Australia were in same position as us after 2007 world cup. They were the best test playing nation and best odi unit. Just as we are rite now. Thats when this happend http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/engine/series/351609.html South Africa toured Australia, Australia lost 1-2 at home for the first time in ages. I think reaction of India people is bit understanable. It's hard to digest two defeats in a row after one team become world champions. I remember how Aussie newspapers, former crickters went bezerk over Ricky Ponting and his team. They were asking for his head. They came back strong in last tst to make it 2-1. But well, they couldn't realy level the series since it was just a three match series. I think it's fair to asscociate ourselves with Aussies at this moment. We are in same situation as they were. For us, the good thing is that our main players might be returning. And hopefully that will make the difference. Australian team is an example to most of the sporting nations. and I hope our team shall return to level back the series.

Have we forgotten who we are? We are bloody worldz best batting line up If there is any line up to chase this down, It's Indiaz. Mukund Dravid Laxman Tendulkar Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Harbhajan Impossible is nothing Koi himse jit na paaye, chale chalo India Letz go India
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Ishant still troubled batsmen' date=' bowled at pace, PK was completely ineffective till the second new ball came. PK is not going to be out a long term test option. Don't why selectors are wasting time with short term investments. Ishant will learn. He is inconsistent, but whenever he is in zone, he can rattle any batsman. He is still very young and most importantly has ingredients of being a world class bowler.[/quote'] I agree that Ishant has all the ingredients to be a world class bowler and India's best ever pacer. However, he lacks consistency, you never know when he or Sreesanth will turn up. Admittedly PK did look ineffective at the start of England's 2nd innings but he has done well so far and until he fails we have to back him. There are no better options. Don't give me that Umesh Yadav or Varun Aaron rubbish. From what i have seen and heard (not a great deal admittedly) Yadav bowls filth but at a decent speed and Aaron appears to be injury prone.
Ishant still troubled batsmen' date=' bowled at pace, PK was completely ineffective till the second new ball came. PK is not going to be out a long term test option. Don't why selectors are wasting time with short term investments. Ishant will learn. He is inconsistent, but whenever he is in zone, he can rattle any batsman. He is still very young and most importantly has ingredients of being a world class bowler.[/quote'] +1
Vibhash' date=' not able to defend 400+ @ Perth was really terrible bowling from Australia. Don't go by 6 wicket victory of South Africa. They couldn't defend 400+.[/quote'] I'm not going by numbers alone. What I'm trying to suggest is that in those matches Australia were not outplayed by SA. On the other hand we were always playing catching up game. Lords test - we were outplayed in almost all sessions.