Random thoughts....

glogirl

I think these new Rannvijay-Anushka ads SUCK !!! they are stupid and boring.. and anushka is overacting !!! :sick: fSrVdF4s0i0 sKW2BogLuJM

--------------------------------------------------------

Madhavan and Vidya balan ads were love ! :icflove: :heart: tKD0L9tS-Zw 2MSp6w3_BAs

Random rant on CNN Weather Report I was on a 'vacation' for the last 2 weeks or so. As is the case with me, I tend to get homesick very fast. 4-5 days out of India and I'm terribly homesick. Obviously I can't call up my friends and family back in India every now and then. That would make me the object of endless ridicule once I return. So, I do the next closest thing. Watch TV whenever I got a chance trying to get a glimpse of whats going on in India. Unfortunately, the Hotels I was put up at only had SKY, BBC, CNN and loads of Irish channels. No Star, No NDTV etc. Of course in India, I would never watch CNN or BBC. I'd get all the news I want from NDTV, Aaj Tak and Zoom TV. But in the primitive Western lands, I had to settle for CNN. So I switch on the TV and they had this global weather report. A show that went on for 10 minutes. :WTF: Who the bleddy hell shows weather for 10 mins??? Even in India, their weather broadcast is at least for 5 mins. They start off with some random technical talk about low pressure/ high pressure areas. Why do they even do this? What we really want from a weather report ( if at all) is a prediction. We know what the weather is by just looking outside the window. All that we need to know is if we have to take along an umbrella/cap/raincoat/sweater or not, and the anchor is babbling something dropping from 26.1 to 22.8. Even the way they talk gets to you. An example: " I'm sorry to tell those folks in the ________ region that the weekend doesn't look good. Saturday and Sunday are going to be rainy, windy, cold and abjectly disheartening " In the first place, I'm not interested in knowing if he is sorry to have to tell us or not. I don't mind being told that its going to be windy and rainy, but when he says its going to be an 'abjectly disheartening' weekend, he is taking it a step too far. Disheartening is a state of mind, and not a weather condition. There is no way a weatherman can predict the state of my mind on a cold, windy, rainy day. Maybe I want to stay in the hotel room for the whole day :winky: :P and the weather is just the excuse for it . Why should he guess? Just stick to reporting the damn weather. And they make these random chalk lines on the map to show high/low pressure areas. I mean, how accurate can it be? If his hand slips an extra inch, he would have entered continental Europe from UK. Its all a farce. At the end of it all, they never showed any news on India. Comparatively, our news channels are so much better. They have a scroll bar showing the weather and don't spend insane amounts of time on it. Thank God for small mercies.

Random rant on CNN Weather Report As is the case with me, I tend to get homesick very fast. 4-5 days out of India and I'm terribly homesick. Obviously I can't call up my friends and family back in India every now and then. That would make me the object of endless ridicule once I return. So, I do the next closest thing. What we really want from a weather report ( if at all) is a prediction. We know what the weather is by just looking outside the window. All that we need to know is if we have to take along an umbrella/cap/raincoat/sweater or not, and the anchor is babbling something dropping from 26.1 to 22.8.
Clearly, people watch the weather report for many more reasons than a prediction or whether they need to take an umbrella or sweater. I know someone who watches weather reports when in another country on a vacation of their home country to avoid being homesick. :hmmm:

Clearly' date=' people watch the weather report for many more reasons than a prediction or whether they need to take an umbrella or sweater.[b'] I know someone who watches weather reports when in another country on a vacation of their home country to avoid being homesick. :hmmm:
:hysterical: is it u ? :acute:

ok, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I once went to my office's mail room to pick up my parcel. The attendant there asked me to jot down my details before I leave. Being a left hander with a weird grip I tend to draw attention whenever I write. I always sense those stares and hear those murmurs while I write. I got used to it and I dont bother too much about it. This time was no different either, Sensing the all too familiar stare I managed to catch a glimpse of the attendant's expression. He had that astonished look on his face. But as soon as I was about to leave, he said that he admires me. I asked him a little confused "Admire?" He then realized that he goofed up and mumbled something inaudible and thats when I realized too, he thinks I have some sort of disablity and he thinks I did it good to come this far in life despite it. At this point the situation was more awkward than my hooked writing style, so I just took the parcel and walked out briskly. So a lesson to all you right handers: Lefties are not disabled we just happen to live in a world with every stuff designed for righties, including English and almost every other language. :mad: