Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Shami excites me more than Umesh did. For some reason whenever he was bowling against WI he looked threatening. He seems to have the right pace (135-140 K's) for a swing bowler and does not seem to be erratic. His performance in the ODI series before the tests were a good indication that this guy is going to be a good bowler for India if handled well. I am just hoping that he is kept away from T20's and plays selective ODI's to keep him fresh for tests. It is great that Umesh sucks in ODI's because he by default is playing only tests.

Shami excites me more than Umesh did. For some reason whenever he was bowling against WI he looked threatening. He seems to have the right pace (135-140 K's) for a swing bowler and does not seem to be erratic. His performance in the ODI series before the tests were a good indication that this guy is going to be a good bowler for India if handled well. I am just hoping that he is kept away from T20's and plays selective ODI's to keep him fresh for tests. It is great that Umesh sucks in ODI's because he by default is playing only tests.
agreed. I loved watching him bowl and threaten the WI batsmen whenever he came on. For the first time in a while, i felt so excited about an Indian fast bowler.
shammi bowls between 133 to 146K not just 135 to 140k.
Can bowl 140-142 range & can even hit 145,bowled 5-6 bowls clicking 145 & 146.
still feel BK will be best bowler for us. sure this guy has . he is impressive. but feel he doesnt pitch itr up like Bk and best thing about bk is he setup batsmen.
Shami pitches the ball up more than BK. BK is now bowling too much back of a length. Though on Indian pitches, pitching the ball up with new ball is not the best thing until you are getting swing. You will be taken for runs.
Shami pitches the ball up more than BK. BK is now bowling too much back of a length. Though on Indian pitches' date=' pitching the ball up with new ball is not the best thing until you are getting swing. You will be taken for runs.[/quote'] In Mumbai I felt he was a bit on shorter side.hebowled good but a bit short.
In Mumbai I felt he was a bit on shorter side.hebowled good but a bit short.
Even in Mumbai Shami bowled fuller than BK. Shami also is more pacy so is natural to have bowled a few short ones to be not predictable. Bowling too full on Indian pitches still does not work with no swing available in the air.
Quickest deliveries of Shami of what I have noticed are short balls or bouncers. He is slower when he bowl fuller. His short balls have more effort behind them.
Which is surprising n makes me think he has the ability to range in speeds as fast as Steyn, he has fantastic skills, if he stays fit n not made a work horse, also need to find good supporting cast so can hunt in pact everything alien to BCCI , selectors, capt, coach of India
Which is surprising n makes me think he has the ability to range in speeds as fast as Steyn' date=' he has fantastic skills, if he stays fit n not made a work horse, also need to find good supporting cast so can hunt in pact everything alien to BCCI , selectors, capt, coach of India[/quote'] It is more to do with his bowling action. He is able to put more effort behind short balls rather than fuller or normal length balls so more pace in short balls than other normal deliveries. I guess his non-bowling arm needs to hold up better, should not fall too early.
It is more to do with his bowling action. He is able to put more effort behind short balls rather than fuller or normal length balls so more pace in short balls than other normal deliveries. I guess his non-bowling arm needs to hold up better' date=' should not fall too early.[/quote'] You are right and I regard highly ur technical acumen as far as pacers, m sure u r a coach or something