Whom should we pick in place of Praveen?

koksmayu

Dravid_theWall is searching for a Sholay coin. :giggle: But , Sree is not fit ,ain't playing for Kerala. RP is playing in Ranji games so I feel RP will be considered instead of Sree.
Sree won't be my choice due to his inconsistency. I just think selectors will go with a safer choice. We definitely need a swing bowler against Australia. That is their primary weakness not pace.
Sree won't be my choice due to his inconsistency. I just think selectors will go with a safer choice. We definitely need a swing bowler against Australia. That is their primary weakness not pace.
Sree cant even last a 5 over spell. We cant pick him especially if we pick Zak. Who knows how long they will last? This is why, PK's injury is a huge miss for us. :nervous:
To be honest I don't think the 5th pacer will get a game unless India do badly or someone gets injured again :P So it wont really matter who gets picked' date=' anyway logically Irfan seems the best pick. Thats how bad our reserves are :(([/quote'] how is this bad? ok injured ,sreesanth injured, zaheer if injured then pathan might play cos aaron is also there ur 3 bowlers are injured thats rare! and there are also some good performances coming up now problem with india is bowlers are produced but some how they either become crap like munaf or are always injured pathan was world class once then we all know what happened 4 slower blass per over :haha: if he is like before than lets pick him otherwise pick any young bowler

Firstly I hope that it is not Vinay ko-maar or mithun. Next we have a choice of a bowler who is in amazing form with almost 20 wkts in almost 5 first class innings (IKP). Finally we can go for another exciting talent just to get him a feel of test cricket (without playing in the XI).... that would include the likes of abu nechim, shami (who has out bowled dinda and bose in the last 2 ranji games for bengal), anwar from hyderabad, etc. It will interesting to see what the selectors do as they have done a superb job with the initial team picked for the aussie test series. It's unfortunate that PK can't make it but that opens an opportunity for another person to impress.

If u compare someone in terms of pace, swing, similar to P K it is Irfan, who has got his swing back but in the first few Ranji games I watched his pace was same as PK 125 to 130 k.Irafn can be in the squad and play side games and see how he does, Dhoni not being a big fan of Irfan though so I think it will be Mithun or V K , Gony also is bowling very well with good pace and bounce, seems to have matured as bowler and is fit, wonder why he is not talked about.