Where is Duncan Fletcher?

Virat is quite similar to Smith. Young' date=' full of potential, abrasive and good leaders... the similarities may go on.[/quote'] I hated Smith when he took on the captaincy (because he took out Klusener) but he was never as ill-mannered as Virat. Everything else about Virat stands, and probably he's a good leader too (he's at least won a Junior WC as captain). But I do not wanna see a finger-showing, venom-spewing egomaniac as the captain. He still needs to grow up; Smith was far more mature than Kohli at the same age.
Hardly has anything gone right since he took over. FIrst a mess up of easy run chase in Windies. Then white wash in England. Now another whitewash looming. India consistently struggles to go past 300. Batting has never been this bad in the last 30 years or so. What the hell is he doing?
he encouraged Super phasssssst bolers ...what else you want?

In my view a head coach should be pulling the strings for what is required in the team. He should be an EXCELLENT coach himself (in either batting or bowling) and be an amazing man-manager. If a team is winning then anyone can be in the main seat - easy to be in charge of a ship on calm, clear waters, but far harder to hold it together when things are more stormy and waters are choppy. A coach earns his money when things are tough. Developing players is a must. Having plans that work are key. Sitting by and 'observing' doesn't cut it. You gotta have the balls to stick to a plan and see it through. Having no plan and saying "we didn't do this or that" in the media, isn't a plan.

I can't stand this. It's obviously not the coach's fault, it's the bloody players who've been lacking intensity and just pissimg about. Lax man is really annoying the heck out of me, after a poor first innings, he drops a catch ! Where the hell is the commitment. I seriously think the chief selector needs to give Laxman a call and warn him, along with Dhoni for his defensive tactics, and ishant for his inability to learn from past experiences.. Virat is young, he should be dropped, and given more time, he's not ready. I think Amit Mishra should play instead of Virat, so that at least we have the ability to take 20 wickets!

I can't stand this. It's obviously not the coach's fault, it's the bloody players who've been lacking intensity and just pissimg about. Lax man is really annoying the heck out of me, after a poor first innings, he drops a catch ! Where the hell is the commitment. I seriously think the chief selector needs to give Laxman a call and warn him, along with Dhoni for his defensive tactics, and ishant for his inability to learn from past experiences.. Virat is young, he should be dropped, and given more time, he's not ready. I think Amit Mishra should play instead of Virat, so that at least we have the ability to take 20 wickets!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
It is not the fault of the coach. Did he bat, ball, field in the game? No. The captain is responsible for the team on the pitch. The coach can only do so much. If the players go out there and underperform how is it the fault of the coach?
We need Greg Chappell back, at least he was contributing to our losses while earning his pay cheque. This fatso does not even seem to contribute to our losses.:hysterical:
:hysterical:

India failing to make 300 or not able to take 20 wickets may not necessarily be Duncan Fletchers fault...given the fact that he cannot give batting tips to Dravid,Laxman and SRT at this stage of their career or with bowling given the average resources we have but where he fails as a coach is some of the desicions taken on the field by Dhoni at crucial times is really apalling and this is where i attribute his total failure as a coach

Broadly speaking, the coach is at fault only in the case of 2 scenarios 1) Picking up the wrong players. 2) Wrong strategy or tactics in a game. I think we picked the best available to us, and we weren't outfoxed by Aus. We were simply battered. Can't blame the coach if fielders drop halwa catches and the experienced batsmen repeatedly fail to click. Having said that, I don't think this guy adds any (or indeed detracts) value to the side. Had we had a scarecrow/ traffic cone in the dressing room in his place, the results would have been the same. On those grounds, I would like him replaced. Preferably with someone Indian.

Even though I still beleive Gary Kirsten's contribution to India's peak was overrated....when I say that he was given way too much credit for transforming this side very much like Dhoni's captaincy As coach I think he took some right initiatives like Pshycological pep-alks or things of those nature which helped in the short-term but he never did any thing that helped us in the long -run.For eg;India's problems with good pace bowling or our young players being bounced out started in the carribean world t20 but the problem still continues till today.We stuck with bowlers like Nehra,Munaf etc without grooming anyone for the future.... All in all Guru Gary was just way too over rated and so is this fat uncle.......At least Kirsten had 1 or 2 good initiatives but this guy is totally useless

Broadly speaking, the coach is at fault only in the case of 2 scenarios 1) Picking up the wrong players. 2) Wrong strategy or tactics in a game. I think we picked the best available to us, and we weren't outfoxed by Aus. We were simply battered. Can't blame the coach if fielders drop halwa catches and the experienced batsmen repeatedly fail to click. Having said that, I don't think this guy adds any (or indeed detracts) value to the side. Had we had a scarecrow/ traffic cone in the dressing room in his place, the results would have been the same. On those grounds, I would like him replaced. Preferably with someone Indian.
Fletcher on both points = FAIL.... At least he has continued his record against Australia in Australia. We owe the Poms for this one not onl must they be rolling on the floors laughing, but he is the 12th man for Australia and able to play... There will be a change... History shows India has to have a skapegoat and rather than look at the root cause and fix the problem, sack the coach and/or captain and all fixed *sighs and shakes head* If the thought process is that this is the best side India can field right now, not on name or past glories, out of 1.2 Billion people then that is sadder than the results in this series.... Some in this team have been superstars, in the past (they are filling a spot now), others are great in other forms of the game but no good in tests.... 1.2 Billion and name is better for this Indian side than the best players.... That is sad for Indian cricket and Indian supporters. No doubt though there will be a skapegoat(s).... India change the captain and coach more than Miriyam changes here socks ....
Fletcher on both points = FAIL.... At least he has continued his record against Australia in Australia. We owe the Poms for this one not onl must they be rolling on the floors laughing, but he is the 12th man for Australia and able to play... There will be a change... History shows India has to have a skapegoat and rather than look at the root cause and fix the problem, sack the coach and/or captain and all fixed *sighs and shakes head* If the thought process is that this is the best side India can field right now, not on name or past glories, out of 1.2 Billion people then that is sadder than the results in this series.... Some in this team have been superstars, in the past (they are filling a spot now), others are great in other forms of the game but no good in tests.... 1.2 Billion and name is better for this Indian side than the best players.... That is sad for Indian cricket and Indian supporters. No doubt though there will be a skapegoat(s).... India change the captain and coach more than Miriyam changes here socks ....
It all boils down to excellence, and the pursuit of it. To be world class at something you have to have 'best-practice' and a burning desire to stay ahead of the rest by constantly evolving. You ditch what doesn't work and do 10% more of the things that do work. Unless the players, staff and management are together on this then staying at the top is the briefest of moments.
It all boils down to excellence, and the pursuit of it. To be world class at something you have to have 'best-practice' and a burning desire to stay ahead of the rest by constantly evolving. You ditch what doesn't work and do 10% more of the things that do work. Unless the players, staff and management are together on this then staying at the top is the briefest of moments.
I understand the theory of what ou are sayin, but the practice is not that simple... The one point you make on evolving is well made, but evolution in this sid has had nothing to do with the pllayers within it. VVS was (and it is reported) set to retire when he was lsst in Sydney, he evn told the team the night before the game... Now he went on to have a great test then and kept playing so his decision was one not of his abilit to keep up with the schdule and demands but on his own batting. If evolution is the key what has been done in the last 4 years on this spot. India now has a horrid road record, at least three very aged champions and others not cutting it in the test arena while being great in other forms. The thrat is, at least two of the older brigade (vvs and RD) won't be there in 2 years. SRT is a gun and there is no doubt he is still good enough to stay on for some time but age is working against him. As India have somehow worked out how to get (I didn't say manipulate/fix) home tests only for the next year and more, when it comes to touring Eng, SA and Aus away, what is left - the 90s is what is left. The point is India look to change those at the helm after lauding there appointment as he second coming and within months transforming that into the anti-christ based on poor results or not winning everything. Look at the coaching (one coach), the result and the development of the Aus side when they went from easy-beats to champions of everything for 10+ years. We loist series', we had poor results and we had set backs but the top level remained stable and gave the team a solid foundation - result of that is proven and set in history... While India have definitely missed the boat on evolving their team as it gets older which will hurt it in the short term... If the focus continues to be coach and captain witthout looking at the team... The team bats, bowls and fields by the way, the demise or low period for India looks to be long lived... No one wants to see that, we want a strong India in cricet to bring the competition level up.
One thing is certain. Our players are failing not because of class. Kirsten was fit, diligent, laborious and that attitude reflected on our team... I am not certain how much time Fatso Fletcher spends in the nets enforcing batting or bowling practice. He looks lethargic.... I am guessing here but I think they are failing because they arent bringing forms from the nets to cricket ground.
One thing is certain. Our players are failing not because of class. Kirsten was fit, diligent, laborious and that attitude reflected on our team... I am not certain how much time Fatso Fletcher spends in the nets enforcing batting or bowling practice. He looks lethargic.... I am guessing here but I think they are failing because they arent bringing forms from the nets to cricket ground.
I didn't quite follow. We knew that Fletcher was a fatso and yet we hired him. If the fitness of the coach is that important we wouldn't have hired him? Let me ask you a question: Would the result vs Aus (and Eng) be different with Kirsten as coach? As per me, the biggest difference between the two coaches is that Kirsten knew how to keep the team motivated. Fletcher doesn't seem to have that much control. Also, it will be difficult to motivate a team that has just won the WC.