ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Pathetic selections. This shows that the selection has now become more of a popularity contest than anything else. Not even one youngster in T20s when the format demands fresh blood with us going with likes of Yuvi (out of action for more than a year and not match fit), Harbhajan, Chawla etc. In Tests don't really know what Laxman is doing in the team and what purpose his selection serves.

Ganguly on Yuvraj Singh 6th August 2012 - Wisden India

It was good to find his name in the list of probables for the World Twenty20. The selectors have done the right thing because if Yuvraj gets fit in the meantime, he’d walk into the team. Also, this selection will send out a message to Yuvraj, that he is very much in Indian cricket’s thoughts. That will definitely be a huge confidence booster for him.
http://www.wisdenindia.com/kudos-to-our-olympians 10th August 2012 - TOI
"I am a bit surprised. I just wish he physically stays well because you know he has come out of a...what can I say, a big disappointment. He has recovered, which is the best thing that can happen, but it has not been a long time and I wish and pray he sustains," an apprehensive Ganguly told reporters during the sidelines of a function.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/2012-world-twenty20/Yuvraj-Singhs-return-is-surprising-Sourav-Ganguly/articleshow/15435096.cms I think TOI is playing some mischief here as usual.

Yuvraj and BHajji return for T20 Vs New Zealand

India's squads Test squad: MS Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Suresh Raina, Ajinkya Rahane, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Pragyan Ojha, Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma T20 squad: MS Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Irfan Pathan, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, L Balaji, Piyush Chawla, Harbhajan Singh, Ashok Dinda
Yuvi and Bhajji return and so does Balaji... Last time I saw Bhajji was in the IPL, where as a captain he showed more "confidence" in Dwayne SMith and Kieron Pollard's bowling than his own... Yuvraj selection maybe more due to emotional reasons than anything else.. (i dont mind though... :icflove: ) Balaji has clearly entered based on his IPL showing through KKR... Thoughts people...? And yes.... ROhit Sharma is like a chewing gum stuck to this team :hehe: before it was Jadeja
Is there anything that TOI reports properly? They even put their own views or fantasy as words of other people. :laugh: