The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

Now reverse all that and you reinforce the Congressi stereotype
Absolutely. No disagreements there. IMO the BJP's biggest USP is that they are not the Congress. A lot of people, after 10 years of poor governance and economic suicide are just anti Congress.

Absolutely. No disagreements there. IMO the BJP's biggest USP is that they are not the Congress. A lot of people, after 10 years of poor governance and economic suicide are just anti Congress. But hey, you won't find me labeling people as unpatriotic, pseudo secular, communal, jaahil, a non jannat going maulana etc because of the party they support.
my favorite ICFer :woot: :icflove: you dont post as much as you should :sad:

going back to 1992.. lets go back to 13-18th century then.
The Congress party didn't exist in the 13-18th century. The BJP gained prominence, and power, riding on the backs of a very communal issue (the Babri Masjid demolition). That is the main difference.
because the other way around is rooting for congress
:confused: Dr Manmohan Singh must be from one of those Sikh extremist groups. Puts his religion over his nation. Ditto Mani Shankar Aiyer. Come on. Its not so black and white. Most of the people on this board, unfortunately, are science or engineering graduates. Or worse still, Maths grads. They have this bad habit of thinking in binary. Either 1 or 0. Either black or white. That is not always the case. Why is it so difficult to accept that one can be anti-modi and yet pro-development? That one can be secular ( or pluralistic) and yet anti-Congress. The over-simplification here is just mind numbing.

The Congress party didn't exist in the 13-18th century. The BJP gained prominence, and power, riding on the backs of a very communal issue (the Babri Masjid demolition). That is the main difference. :confused: Dr Manmohan Singh must be from one of those Sikh extremist groups. Puts his religion over his nation. Ditto Mani Shankar Aiyer. Come on. Its not so black and white. Most of the people on this board, unfortunately, are science or engineering graduates. Or worse still, Maths grads. They have this bad habit of thinking in binary. Either 1 or 0. Either black or white. That is not always the case. Why is it so difficult to accept that one can be anti-modi and yet pro-development? That one can be secular ( or pluralistic) and yet anti-Congress. The simplification here is just mind numbing.
I agree, its not so black & white but when you dont have any credible alternative to BJP & Congress, one tends to choose the lesser of the two evils (for me it may be BJP & for you it may be congress)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. When nothing left to debate. Modi has said nothing hateful in his speech infact tried to reach out to all the members of the society so Diggi Raja and team now getting personal to the supporters of Modi. Itna sure hai when people start bringing personal abuses to the debate they are frustrated and loosing it. Awaiting your reply in the Patna Bomb Blast Thread, may be you can enlighten everyone with your sharp intellect and conspiracy theory there also.
No, not all Modi supporters are jaahils. Only the ones with a binary thought process.

Dr Manmohan Singh must be from one of those Sikh extremist groups. Puts his religion over his nation. Ditto Mani Shankar Aiyer. Come on. Its not so black and white. Most of the people on this board, unfortunately, are science or engineering graduates. Or worse still, Maths grads. They have this bad habit of thinking in binary. Either 1 or 0. Either black or white. That is not always the case. Why is it so difficult to accept that one can be anti-modi and yet pro-development? That one can be secular ( or pluralistic) and yet anti-Congress. The over-simplification here is just mind numbing.
Haan ji, third front ready hai aapke vote ke liye. TMC, NCP, CPI, SP, BSP etc holding major chunks of the vote bring a great promise of prosperity secularism. The idealistic nonsense of taking a high moral ground by not supporting either INC/BJP sounds good in theory and is guaranteed to work out worse in the real world. If you thought UPA did a bad job at the center, consider these major regional powers that are your so called alternative. As bad as I might consider the INC for five decades of economic mismanagement, I'll still vote for them over the mentioned smaller parties. There are some smaller parties that deserve a suitable representation at the center by virtue of their performance, but what we certainly can avoid is a cluster **** of the chumps mentioned earlier.

^ You are asking the wrong person. Conspiracy theories are the realm of Modi supporters and Pakis - I am neither.
digvijaya singh ‏@digvijaya_28 27 Oct Another blast in Patna ! Strongly condemn this. Nitish should find the culprit otherwise a perfect setting for Modi's Launch in Bihar ! digvijaya singh ‏@digvijaya_28 26 Oct What a coincidence blast at Patna Railway on the day of Modi's Rally ! Challenge to Nitish Govt to find the culprit !
Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali questioned why "such incidents were happening after JD(U) parted ways with BJP". "There is something suspicious. I can feel. They will divide the nation, divide the people only for power," he said.

The Narendra Modi thread

I think I understand it all very well now. A Muslim speaking in favour of Modi must be a patriot. In fact, being pro-development and patriotic is the same as being Pro-Modi. Any Muslim, cleric or otherwise, who has anything to say against Modi is communal and a terrorist. And Hindus who make comments against Modi are pseudo-seculars.
Not at all. Forget all Muslims, my hindu family doesn't have consensus on this guy. I would be surprised if even 50 % of Hindus in India support Modi. Thanks for jumping the gun btw. In your eagerness to actually label me as ...., you actually missed the point of the post. Avoid all generalizations for Muslims or even Hindus for that matter is the point. People will and should vote on issues. Muslims are not a monolith. This cleric does not represent all muslims, neither do you. But a story like this thwarts the narrative that secularists try to shove down the throat of common man. There are different narratives to this story like there is to every story. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I could have told you how jaahil brains work long before.
Yes Mariyam. You could have just asked him. He calls it long before it has happened and then goes into hiding when it actually doesn't happen Arre Munna Abhi tak bhadke ho. Gussa thook do. Lekin muzzarnagar ke liye thoda bacha ke Rakhna. Tumhara ladle MC ko jail mein daalna hai na. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free