Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

Very interesting post What do you think is going wrong with our young pacers ? I am unable to find any plausible solution. Can it be lack of basic education because of which they cannot adapt to any challenging or adverse conditions ? Or know what is good for them.
Solution is practice, methodical practice, hitting the channel ball after ball in the nets, nothing else, understanding their correct bowling actions and repeating them ball after ball.
Very interesting post What do you think is going wrong with our young pacers ? I am unable to find any plausible solution. Can it be lack of basic education because of which they cannot adapt to any challenging or adverse conditions ? Or know what is good for them.
Yadav has to practice. No doubt about that. But I feel the bigger issue is that he almost seems apathetic when he's bowling. Some how he has this tendency to get detached from the game in the crucial moments. Shows no aggression whatsoever when he's smacked for runs. Needs to change this attitude. I have always seen him bowl best when he's aggressive. Even during the recent Sri Lanka series he was looking more involved and into the batsmen. I think if he sorts this out, he might also start bowling in the right areas.
Yadav has to practice. No doubt about that. But I feel the bigger issue is that he almost seems apathetic when he's bowling. Some how he has this tendency to get detached from the game in the crucial moments. Shows no aggression whatsoever when he's smacked for runs. Needs to change this attitude. I have always seen him bowl best when he's aggressive. Even during the recent Sri Lanka series he was looking more involved and into the batsmen. I think if he sorts this out, he might also start bowling in the right areas.
You need to be passionate about bowling too and enjoy it. When you bowl, captain must have a hard time taking the ball out of your hands. Always willing to bowl more and more. These guys have so much ability and they are ruining it. Umesh is one of the rarest Indian bowler to have that gift of genuine pace.
4.6 Umesh Yadav's economy rate this series, the fourth highest for any player bowling 100-plus overs in a series; he also features at third place on this list, which is headed by Fidel Edwards and Brett Lee. 15 Umesh Yadav's economy rate during Australia's second innings, the worst in Tests for a player who has bowled three or more overs in an innings. He returned figures of 0 for 45 from three overs. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/818775.html
myself beeing a big supporter of Umesh and Varun Aroon am really shocked to see Umesh leaking 45 runs in 3 overs.... I did not see the match end so I don't know what Umesh did .. but I am under a Shock.
People tends to forget here than even johnson got smashed for 27 runs in 2 overs in MCG.When you are in top, You can smash any bowler in these feather-bed.Since Australia had the lead, and the series already decided,they gone berserk.

Umesh was picked purely for his pace. Nothing else. Yes we needed someone like him. But if you don't have half decent stock ball ( a go-to ball) it doesn't matter how fast you can bowl. Great bowlers 3 or 4 good balls in their armoury. Steyn has variety. But he has this one killer stock ball.. pitching around leg and taking it away towards slips at high speed with pin point accuracy.. Ishant's stock ball is supposed to be inswinger. But he hardly executes that well.

What baffles me the most is the question--why do all Indian fast bowlers seem to lack intelligence? Zaheer was probably the last one with a working brain.
Loose cannon Sreesanth at times used his brain.. Zaheer was able to guide RP well.. as RP could bowl the balls that Zak could bowl identically.

There should be another selection criteria/test for our "phaaaast boiilers" to be selected. They should be asked to bowl a spell of 4 overs with 90% of the deliveries pitched in a 1 sqft by 1 sqft area on or just outside the off. If someone can't do it then they don't get selected. We heard stories of bowlers from other countries putting coins on a good length area or shoes in the blockhole area and hitting them in the nets while practicing. Surely a 1sqft by 1sqft area is not such a tough ask and an intl quality pacer should have at least that much accuracy or control. I'm sure other than Bhuvi none of our current pacers pass this simple test and herein lies the problem. We can blame Dhoni, Kohli and all the other captains out there but you can't build a castle from this garbage.

There should be another selection criteria/test for our "phaaaast boiilers" to be selected. They should be asked to bowl a spell of 4 overs with 90% of the deliveries pitched in a 1 sqft by 1 sqft area on or just outside the off. If someone can't do it then they don't get selected. We heard stories of bowlers from other countries putting coins on a good length area or shoes in the blockhole area and hitting them in the nets while practicing. Surely a 1sqft by 1sqft area is not such a tough ask and an intl quality pacer should have at least that much accuracy or control. I'm sure other than Bhuvi none of our current pacers pass this simple test and herein lies the problem. We can blame Dhoni, Kohli and all the other captains out there but you can't build a castle from this garbage.
Exactly.