Anti Virat Kohli Club

India is obviously looking to build a lead of 150+. We just lost 4 quick wickets. So the batters batted slowly for a brief period. The real test of selfishness or selflessness from Kohli would arise if India is looking to declare before the end of the day, looking for all out attack and he is near his century. I am interested in seeing how he reacts if such a situation arises.

only?thats good.also hes known for playing great innings from that position.I'll e really happy if Kohli does that. fact is he should not move up unless he starts to play big innings
You cannot play big innings without partnerships. He should move at 4 to get more chances to do that. Why Ganguly and Laxman have so few double hundreds? Same thing happened 2 innings in a row for him, first Hyderabad and now Mohali. He is not Dhoni who can hit six or fours at will like Dhoni did in Chennai. His actual game is the way he batted today.
You cannot play big innings without partnerships. He should move at 4 to get more chances to do that. Why Ganguly and Laxman have so few double hundreds? Same thing happened 2 innings in a row for him' date=' first Hyderabad and now Mohali. He is not Dhoni who can hit six or fours at will like Dhoni did in Chennai. His actual game is the way he batted today.[/quote'] its not like he has run out of partners.in Nagpur n Chennai,he was batting with Dhoni when he got out. hes aggresive batsman too.in ODIs he smokes it.so dont tell me he cant do it.just doesnt know how to pace a Test innings yet
its not like he has run out of partners.in Nagpur n Chennai,he was batting with Dhoni when he got out. hes aggresive batsman too.in ODIs he smokes it.so dont tell me he cant do it.just doesnt know how to pace a Test innings yet
He does it only when he is set and dont compare test to ODIs. It is a 4th day pitch not an ODI batting paradise. He is timer of the ball and ball was not coming on to the bat.
even hughes his 50 in 51 balls :orderorder:
There was nothing to lose for Hughes here. He was already not scoring anything so he decided to throw his bat around and rode his luck. It was not the case for Kohli. He does not want to get out. This is the first thing any batsman should have in his mind especially in a test match, to not lose his wicket at any cost. I am not bothered if he played slow or fast. Even in ODIs, he takes a lot of time before he starts hitting the ball. His SR stays around 60-70 most of the time for first 50-60 balls in ODIs.
He does it only when he is set and dont compare test to ODIs. It is a 4th day pitch not an ODI batting paradise. He is timer of the ball and ball was not coming on to the bat.
arrey but still has to bat according to the situation.its not like he was struggling to play shots,he wasnt even attempting it
There was nothing to lose for Hughes here. He was already not scoring anything so he decided to throw his bat around and rode his luck. It was not the case for Kohli. He does not want to get out. This is the first thing any batsman should have in his mind especially in a test match, to not lose his wicket at any cost. I am not bothered if he played slow or fast. Even in ODIs, he takes a lot of time before he starts hitting the ball. His SR stays around 60-70 most of the time for first 50-60 balls in ODIs.
but we were in a position to declare the innings or score some quick runs to win this game but he played with no responsibility by playing out like we were chasing a target of 600
The Virat Kohli 'I Quit' Challenge: Okay, here it is. If Virat Kohli averages 60 or more in the series against Australia, I'll quit ICF forever. (Please don't refer to the 'Bye Bye Thread' in this context, that was just made in jest. :finger:) And by the way, averaging 60 in a series like this is not a big deal, all one needs to do is to score a 40 and a 20 something* in the 2nd innings and you can sail to an average of 60. Hope a gutsy Kohli fan will throw a similar challenge for an average of 30 and less. :dance: :dance:
Saurav to gayo :((
You cannot play big innings without partnerships. He should move at 4 to get more chances to do that. Why Ganguly and Laxman have so few double hundreds? Same thing happened 2 innings in a row for him' date=' first Hyderabad and now Mohali. He is not Dhoni who can hit six or fours at will like Dhoni did in Chennai.[b'] His actual game is the way he batted today.
Any batsman would change their way of batting to suit the situation. He should have tried which he did not just what Gambhir did during the 2nd Test in Mumbai, wasn't hitting the ball nor farming the strike. Even Dravid hits out when its needed, this was poor stuff from Kohli.