Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

We can't not play a seamer, regardless of the wicket. One dimensional attacks are a huge risk. If 2 front-line spinners can't take you wickets on a spinners deck, then the 3rd one is not going to make that much of a difference. The problem with the first test was we picked Harbhajan over Ojha, which was a big mistake as Ojha has been our best spinner over the past year. If it's a dry pitch with bounce, then the pacemen come into play through reverse swing. The other crucial thing is you change up the rhythm for the batsmen by having a mixture of pace and spin. The way I see it is. Unless your spinner is Shane Warne or Muralitharan or your paceman is Dale Steyn or Wasim Akram, the dynamics of a spin/pace attack to the pitch work as follows: * On pace friendly pitches - the pacemen play an attacking role while the spinners play a more containing role * On spin friendly pitches - the spinners play an attacking role while the pacemen play a containing role. But regardless of the pitch you need a combination of both I feel to have your best chance of taking 20 wickets. Otherwise your bowling attack is just one dimensional.
Exactly My Views.

This is right combination for second test , If Rahane wanted to be in team as opener he would have done that in domestic cricket when he had a chance but he did not even attempt it. Players need to be given some confidence one failure you are out attitude will not work for new comers. Sehwag knows if he fails in second test he will be gone for good. Ohja after first test against England did very little other than bowling lot of overs. Bhajji like Sehwag will be playing for his career if he fails he will be out for good.

This is right combination for second test ' date= If Rahane wanted to be in team as opener he would have done that in domestic cricket when he had a chance but he did not even attempt it. Players need to be given some confidence one failure you are out attitude will not work for new comers. Sehwag knows if he fails in second test he will be gone for good. Ohja after first test against England did very little other than bowling lot of overs. Bhajji like Sehwag will be playing for his career if he fails he will be out for good.
Rahane is captain of Mumbai??

And few more remarks from Deano at comment section also proove his new love for BCCI :cantstop:

Sound like you're on the BCCI payroll Dean! "No Ted I am not. But it is OK once in a while to say well done to our Sporting authorities on where our game is heading. India now rule the roost. People just don;t like that no matter how good a job they might be doing. Don't shoot me Ted for BCCI making all of todays money for cricket. If other countries had a problem then they should use their vote at the table. They don't so that tells me they are also OK in the governance in cricket today?" "If India are such the bad guys then why doesn't every Test country just vote them out? India just has one vote at the DRS level. Just vote them out. But they don't? Why? Because maybe other Boards are scared of the BCCI. It is a democracy and people can vote and yet the other Boards don't. So does that make them weak? Well maybe you should not fire rockets at me but fire rockets at todays Boards? By the way I am doing OK. I work for a variety of media outlets and don't rely on the BCCI. Of all people that should be critical of the BCCI then it should be me! Yet I have the courage to say well done to the BCCI. I feel they have done OK. I appreciate your opinions but just because you don't like me, just steal yourself and be honest that the BCCI have done good for cricket since we have gone through a massive GFC!" Australian public is denied radio coverage of a major test series; and can only access TV through pay-TV. Photographers have been excluded also. The cricket boards have a responsibility to promote the game of cricket; not just squeeze more profit. Deano- at least you declared your conflict of interest... "Thanks for your comments. You make some good points but I do disagree with you. CA recently did the same thing about what media they want to promote the game. The same happens in the NFL and NBA. Trust me anyone can use the 3 mins highlights packages that are offered to media outlets. But with the ABC, they just wont pay the fee. That is their choice. Foxsports did as well as many other TV networks around the world. The Aust government has waisted so much money on a lot of things, it should have been a problem to waist a bit more here!" http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/india-the-new-world-provider-for-cricket-20130222-2ex1x.html#ixzz2M0oOLvVd