SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

Rahane is captain of Mumbai??
He sure could have taken over Tare as opener if he wanted to but he did not take it.VVS after his failures as a opener made it known he did not want to play as opener for that you don't need to be a captain. Rahane if he is not an opener would be ideal no 6 till he establishes himself.But what India needs is a solid opening pair and Rahane for what ever reason did not play as opener. The flop show against England in odis where he looked overwhelmed against fast bowlers did not do him any favors. He has time to prove himself let us see what he does in future or will he turn out like Mukund remains to be seen.
He sure could have taken over Tare as opener if he wanted to but he did not take it.VVS after his failures as a opener made it known he did not want to play as opener for that you don't need to be a captain. Rahane if he is not an opener would be ideal no 6 till he establishes himself.But what India needs is a solid opening pair and Rahane for what ever reason did not play as opener. The flop show against England in odis where he looked overwhelmed against fast bowlers did not do him any favors. He has time to prove himself let us see what he does in future or will he turn out like Mukund remains to be seen.
VVS took a risk that paid off.Rahane ofcourse is happy wherever it is best for Mumbai team,not just thinking about himself.not sure who is right? Rahane has opened in the past n now bats at no.3,so faces new ball quite a bit I assume.thats closer to being no.6 and having to bat with the tail which hes not used to. ODIs dont matter for Tests. hes technically better than Vijay n Dhawan.Mukund I think should hv got more chances. Rahane needs to be in XI.no.6 is taken by Dhoni now.only place is opener n he should be given a go

I dont know why people are blaming the BCCI for ABC not broadcasting. They (star) were asking $15,000 for the rights to 4 test matches. Thats hardly a huge sum of money. The fact is ABC did not want these rights. They just wanted to show the BCCI in a bad light so that they could weasel out of broadcasting

our team has officially become a nightmare now.... so any test match that we win with dhoni as a captain is a huge bonus and i'm not expecting many in the next few years. With dhoni it's a revolving door policy now... so if sehwag vettori fails the next game then expect gambhir to be back just like how mr 100 tests came back to the test side without doing anything at all since being dropped. Anyhow, the bowling selection doesn't bother me since the replacements are not much better so they would all eventually suck except for perhaps umesh yadav, if he gets fit!