Kareena: Kapoors are the finest actors in the film industry

vvvslaxman

I do not think Ranbir is a good actor he went to the finest acting institute. If one cannot act' date=' there is no way, one can become great no matter what institute one has attended.[/quote'] Not seen his movies enough. I think saw one movie. Saawariya i think. wasn't that impressive for me. May be he has improved.

He was also known internationally for starring in many British and American films' date=' notably Merchant Ivory productions run by Ismail Merchant and James Ivory, such as The Householder (1963), Shakespeare Wallah (1965) (opposite his sister-in-law Felicity Kendal), [b']Bombay Talkie (1970) and Heat and Dust (1982) in which he co-starred with his wife Jennifer Kendal, The Deceivers (1988) and Side Streets (1998). He also starred in other British and American films such as Pretty Polly A Matter Of Innocence (1967) opposite Hayley Mills, Siddhartha (1972), Sammy and Rosie Get Laid (1987), Muhafiz (1994). James Ivory directed Kapoor in the first Merchant Ivory production The Householder, then in Shakespeare-Wallah, Bombay Talkie and Heat and Dust. Ismail Merchant directed him in In Custody Muhafiz (1994).[14] He was the first Indian actor to work extensively in Hollywood films and British films.
The bold movies above are brilliant movies - my personal favorites are Sammy and Rosie Get Laid and Muhafiz. Junoon is another superb movie, this time by Shyam Benegal, which has Shashi Kapoor in the lead role which is surely worth a watch. Trishna and New Delhi Times are another ones.

Not seen his movies enough. I think saw one movie. Saawariya i think. wasn't that impressive for me. May be he has improved.
missed two words there. I said I do not think Ranbir is a good actor just because he went to the finest acting institute. If one cannot act, there is no way, one can become great no matter what institute one has attended. PS: He certainly is a good actor now, still I want to see him in more intense roles.

I do not think Ranbir is a good actor just because he went to the finest acting institute. If one cannot act' date= there is no way, one can become great no matter what institute one has attended.
Totally agreed. But its different in his case. He wasn't a method actor before he went to Stasberg and method actors have a vast difference compared to other techniques. He changed his technique overall from a 'nothing' to method. That does bring a massive difference to your acting and hence, he has been so good compared to the rest.

Some of you guys saying chameli is one of her best performance' date='usme kya hai,jaisi horny Wo real life mein hai,jaisa ki apne shahid wale kand mein dekha hoga,Wo hi usne parde par dike diya bus.[/quote'] Despite all you said, i dont think Chameli was good performance from her. That role was very strong and she could barely do justice to that. She looked very stiff doing that role, nothing seemed natural their. Though I agree she was good in jab we met. And she is decidedly better actor than her elder sister. On topic, yes Ranbir has come off very well in last few years.

Teri g@@nd mein kyun aag lagti hai agar vo real life mein horny hai to..as if it is a bad thing...:dontknow:...mms to dekh liya tune majje se..ab lecture de raha hai ...sounds like case of sour grapes...:--D
If that is the case, then he has really been very ambitious in life :--D

Agreed on everybody except Shashi Kapoor. He was not a star but a fine actor. He was highly underrated among Kapoors and compared to other actors. He was a better Producer than Raj Kapoor ever was. He has made much better than mainstream Raj' date=' the tharki.[/quote']

Moral of the story: Acting is plenty overrated' date=' at least for the reel and doesn't deserve much attention. You can throw in deshmukh/jitendra jr and make the mango people laugh with their "acting" skills but there's no way they're facing Dale Steyn or Roger Federer on their respective turfs.[/quote'] Best comment here. What kind of talent is acting that gets passed on for 4-5 generations ? Compared to exceptional talent that is required to excel in other fields, acting requires nothing.

Best comment here. What kind of talent is acting that gets passed on for 4-5 generations ? Compared to exceptional talent that is required to excel in other fields, acting requires nothing.
If you can sell something you will be massively rewarded. Irrespective of the industry you work in. Actors sell movies, and those who make the biggest hits get paid the highest. There are so many illiterate people out there who making millions, because they know how to sell a product.

Best comment here. What kind of talent is acting that gets passed on for 4-5 generations ? Compared to exceptional talent that is required to excel in other fields, acting requires nothing.
yes Naseeruddin Shah and Tushar Kapoor are equally good with zero talent

Teri g@@nd mein kyun aag lagti hai agar vo real life mein horny hai to..as if it is a bad thing...:dontknow:...mms to dekh liya tune majje se..ab lecture de raha hai ...sounds like case of sour grapes...:--D
Mere lun pe thand nahi ,meri taraf se Jo marzi Kare ,she is not my favorite actress either ,ki mujhe mirchi lage,lagta hai Teri favorite actress hai,any way I have seen her during shooting of fida at amity,she is very arrogant and this was when she was with shahid at that time and lolo,shahid is one of the most humble person I have seen@ beetle if you watched her tongue wrestling match with shahid,it doesn't take a genius to find out,the horniness in a person ,now back to topic,just because ranbir went to some acting school,doesn't make him an automatic actor,he is good ,but feel he becomes predictable a lot of time with simillar type of body language and those who are saying about contemporary ,the only guy who was around the corner at the time of his debut is shahid kapoor,guys like sushant,rajkumar yadav,ranveer Singh,varun dhawan,siddharth Malhotra,ayushmann are all new ,but I feel dhanush is a better actor than ranbir ,ranbir has lot to learn as well,but he is going the right way.