Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

again Ishant is not great in the field either.our fielding is great despite him.Also he can contribute better with the bat. there's no harm in trying him knowing Aussies suck against any spin.Was good in Zim
Any half decent spinner will terrorise a minnow. They cant play pace or decent spin. His bowling is not good enough for odis, wrong type, loopy spinner will get smashed. In longer format this type has a role, can do something. Mishra is extra bad fielder. Ishant is not amazing but steady in field. Mishra is pathetic, we cant pick such player like that. We need to move on from these types
Any half decent spinner will terrorise a minnow. They cant play pace or decent spin. His bowling is not good enough for odis, wrong type, loopy spinner will get smashed. In longer format this type has a role, can do something. Mishra is extra bad fielder. Ishant is not amazing but steady in field. Mishra is pathetic, we cant pick such player like that. We need to move on from these types
Aussies without Clarke are not good against decent spin either.He gets turn and has variations which I think the Aussies will find it hard to read. I was his against his inclusion in the squad but since hes in we should try him. Ishant isnt steady,takes time to bend and doesnt slide/dive.conceded many boundaries yesterday.better than Mishra agreed but then again Mishra can contribute with the bat if required. his bowling alone is enough to pick him over Ishant imo

I already stated this concern on various threads and I do think india has a mental block against Australia..the h2h,h2h in wc's and bilaterals in india have shown us that Australia rule the roost vs India in odis but some guys termed it as "wrist slitting".. I think India might lose this series unless they drop ashwin and vinee/pishant

Can v have 'ek din ka captain' vizaviz ek din ka cm in 'nayak'.....would love 2 c dravid lead the team n remove dhoni n his non performers players ishant vk raina nohit ashwin sir from the team....n also dravid had a perfect captaincy record at SMS this year....

Bowlers have to come out with a plan and fielders and captain need to back them up..I think india will do better in the field this time around..if the target is under 270,the batsmen will approach the chase differently without throwing their wickets like how raina did.. Dhoni and kohli are far better consolidator than the rest of the batsmen in the team with dhawan,yuvi and raina as magnificent stroke players

Probably stems from the fact that he is willing to bowl seam up. Might prove to be handy in Australia/NZ but even there I feel like Raina is a better bowling option for MSD. Dhoni himself is a better bowler than Kohli. This is another reason why it would be very helpful to the team if Abhishek Nayar is in the team, even if it as just a squad player. Having a guy who can bowl seam up (even an average bowler like Nayar) offers a handy option to MSD and the selectors. That's why I think Irfan should still be in the mix too... but I may be in the minority on that.

India pacers need to get their act together to give their team a chance against Australia

First, the bad news. Taposh Chatterjee, the curator of the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, is intent on leaving some grass on the 22-yard strip for the second one-dayer between India and Australia here on Wednesday. :two_thumbs_up: “I want a fair contest, a good cricket match. The bowlers must have some say,” says Chatterjee. And this bit will excite Mitchell Johnson. “There will be good bounce too,” he promises. If you are an Indian fan, then there’s no good news, actually. So MS Dhoni & Co finished second-best in Sunday’s series opener. And by some distance. Ha, the world’s best batting line-up couldn’t chase a ‘paltry’ :giggle: 305-run target. They didn’t even come close. Well, don’t be surprised if our medium-pacers harboured similar thoughts on the plane to Jaipur. A pampered lot, they are used to giving away runs by the bucketful. After all, there’s Dhawan at the top, Kohli in the middle and, of course, Mr Skipper to finish things off in style. Let’s cut our batsmen some slack. They suffered a rare failure. So be it. The culprits here are the medium-pacers. “The pitch was flat,” is a ready excuse you hear from them. Of the 29 fours India conceded on Sunday, 15 were off cuts, pulls or short-arm jabs. In other words, our fast bowlers were bowling short and wide most of the time. And on the same pitch, Johnson & Co breathed fire to fashion a 72-run victory. TA Sekar, the foremost guru on fast bowling in India, lends a sound perspective. “Their tactic was to bounce India. Johnson led the way,” he says. So what was Ishant Sharma, India’s so-called spearhead, doing? Sekar, who has guided a whole generation of fast bowlers, and is now chief mentor of the Delhi Daredevils and fast-bowling coach of Baroda, minces no words. “Ishant was never a great mover of the ball,” he says. “He doesn’t hit the seam like Zaheer Khan or, for that matter, Bhuvneshwar Kumar. He prefers bowling with a scrambled seam. And where’s the pace? Where’s the Ishant of 2008?” he rues. Ah, 2008. That was a long time ago. Remember Perth? Remember how Ricky Ponting danced to the tunes of a wild-haired teenager? That was indeed a long time ago. How about dropping Ishant and giving Jaydev Unadkat a chance in Jaipur? Sekar agrees. The pace attack, he believes, is “one-dimensional”. “Ishant must go. R Vinay Kumar has more variations up his sleeve than Ishant. Bhuvneshwar Kumar has the capability to swing the ball both ways. And invariably, he strikes with the new ball. So it has to be Ishant (who’s got to go out),” he remarks. Makes sense, actually. Unadkat is young, hungry and bowls a natural away-going delivery to right-handers. And he can’t do worse than Ishant. And just when you think Sekar is done, he throws a bomb. “I hope the selectors pick Zaheer for the last four ODIs,” he says. Yes, this team will come up for scrutiny at the end of the third match in Chandigarh. But Zaheer, really? “I don’t believe his (ODI) career is over. You need him to mentor the younger lot. Ishant is the only one with some experience. But he’s struggling. You can’t expect Dhoni to run down the pitch and guide these pacers all the time,” Sekar says. He cites the example of Imran Khan who mentored the likes of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Aaqib Javed. “Look what he did from 1983 to 1992. Zaheer can do for India what Imran did for Pakistan. India lack a mentor on the field. You need Zaheer. He has got to be part of your plans for the 2015 World Cup. At least the preparation part.” Here’s another piece of bad news. Three of the six ODIs will be played on pitches with true bounce. While the wickets in Jaipur, Chandigarh and Nagpur will make the Aussies smile, India will be at ease in Ranchi, Cuttack and Bangalore.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1903680/report-india-pacers-need-to-get-their-act-together-to-give-their-team-a-chance-against-australia Since when a target of 305 runs became paltry. :haha:
While the wickets in Jaipur, Chandigarh and Nagpur will make the Aussies smile, India will be at ease in Ranchi, Cuttack and Bangalore.
Wrong info. Nagpur is not the pitch it used to be since it was changed last year and the pitch against England was a disaster with no bounce, pace, spin, at all. Run scoring was difficult and picking wickets were even more difficult. Ranchi and Bangalore will offer bounce. So except Cuttack and Nagpur, at least 5 venues out of 7 will offer good bounce for pace bowlers.
he bowls good outswingers. just needs a bit of work on his runup. its much different from when he played against NZ A
He has similar issue which Johnson had in terms of his runup, too wide a steps when he runs in. He needs to sort that out. It will help him gain a bit of pace and control.