ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

If the pitches are similar to the asia Cup I think india will win. Yuvi, jadeja, ashwin, mishra will choke out of the opposition. Shami will pick up wickets, bhuvi will contain. Our batting line up has no real weak links either. No Irfan pathan or murali vijay. Raina and yuvi might be out of form but Still dangerous. Yuvi scored 149 runs out of 71 balls in his last two t20 innings. And I wouldn't bet against Raina scoring runs in these conditions.

We don't have a power hitter at the top of the order-Gayle,Warner,Watson,That England opener-Hales I think,Will AB open for S.A? DOn't think Dhawan is that kind of a hitter-Agressive yes but he is more of a boundary scorer than a 6 hitter.

We don't have a power hitter at the top of the order-Gayle,Warner,Watson,That England opener-Hales I think,Will AB open for S.A? DOn't think Dhawan is that kind of a hitter-Agressive yes but he is more of a boundary scorer than a 6 hitter.
this is bangladesh.u'll be surprised to see how kohli,raina,yuvi will smash 4s & 6s at will..i hope nohit bats at #4,he is better in t20s down the order.. dhoni,jadeja even though with their limitations can go bam bam!! the batting is strogn but i have a feeling that if we load our team with too many spinners they might get smashed

I think to be frank, chasing has been very advantageous in this series. Pakistan will rue winning the toss and chasing. India were a bit unlucky to lose the toss v SL and Pak. But i made good money on betting on teams who chased. Made something like £100 LOL so not exactly complaining. Reminds me of the 2010 asia cup when we won it. Win toss bat first sort of pitches.

Dinda - 9 matches, 17 wickets, avg of 14, ER of 8.16, High ER but excellent average :hail: Balaji - 5 matches, 10 wickets, avg of 12, ER of 7.56 :hatsoff: Ojha - 6 matches, 10 wickets, avg of 13, ER of 6.28 :legend Three of our best ever T20 bowlers not even in the squad :(( Dinda in fact is no 4 in all time T20 wicket takers for us, Balalee and Ojha are joint 10th :haha:

lol for a moment dinda, balaji and chawla returned to haunt you :cantstop: Yeah much better squad but kohli would be perfect captain because he'll get his fielders round and look to get the wickets. MSD will leak singles like mad off ashwins bowling
Likes of Dinda, Vinee Koomaar and Piyush "Kaanfidence" Chawla has scarred me for life :sad: In T20s conceding a single is fine and Kohli will get to be the captain post WC 2015.
One win and you have developed balls. Bt you like a drum in the next game.
I have an excellent pair of balls,no need to develop any more each time SL thrash your minnow team ... :two_thumbs_up: On topic, SL will start as the obvious favourites to lift the cup.Having tasted success by winning the asia cup and breaking the finals jinx while doing so,only a fool or an indian fan boy would dare to bet against us taking what is rightfully ours, stolen by one-hit wonder Samuels two years ago ...:dance: Pakistan are the team that can post the biggest threat to lions with their devastating bowling attack and destructive batting talent.Bangladesh will be the dark horses of the tourney. IMO rich minnows,aka cricket world's whipping boys aka team india has a snowball's chance in hell of being t20 champs...:icflove:

Mushfiqur eyes revenge against Afghanistan in WT20 LOL

Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim has said that they are looking to take revenge on Afghanistan in their opening day World T20 game on March 16. The home team of the tournament's fifth edition is looking ahead to a turnaround in form and results after having been without a win since November last year. Last month, they drew the Chittagong Test against Sri Lanka but since then, Bangladesh have lost the two-match T20 series as well as seven ODIs in a row, including a 32-run loss to Afghanistan on March 1. "They [Afghanistan] will also be under pressure," Mushfiqur said. "They would like to do something in such a big event. But we want to take revenge after being beaten in the Asia Cup. Our first target is to cross the first round, but more importantly, we are concentrating on the first game against Afghanistan. We have two matches after that against Nepal and Hong Kong. "We have found out more information about them [Afghanistan] lately. We have played against them, which helped in that regard. They might know enough about us but Shakib [Al Hasan], Mashrafe [Mortaza] and Tamim [iqbal] didn't play the Asia Cup match against them. They must have seen these players on TV, but it is a different ball-game when they play against them." Bangladesh had Afghanistan in big trouble at 90 for 5 but a 164-run sixth wicket stand between Samiullah Shenwari and Asghar Stanikzai wrested the initiative away from the home side. Bangladesh's opening batsmen were dismissed for 0 and 1, and the middle-order misfired despite most of the batsmen getting starts. Mushfiqur hopes that Mashrafe, Tamim and Sohag Gazi will be fit for the first game, with the trio still recovering from injuries. Gazi hurt his bowling hand during the Afghanistan game while Mashrafe suffered a side strain in the India match. Tamim missed the Asia Cup after suffering a neck strain during the Sri Lanka series. Mushfiqur himself hurt his finger during the second Test against Sri Lanka and have given Anamul Haque the wicketkeeping gloves in the last seven ODIs, but he said he hopes to recover soon. "I had another X-ray. I will start keeping from tomorrow, and the pain has been less. I hope to keep wickets from March 16. "I believe that we will find everyone fully fit which will make us stronger. I think it is important to do well on the particular day and overcome the pressure." Mushfiqur believes their recent poor performance has made the team a lot keener, and urged his players to step up. What also motivates them is their poor World T20 performance till date. "We beat West Indies in the 2007 tournament but haven't quite played consistently. We don't play too many T20s like the other international teams which hinders our consistent performance. Recently we have played some domestic T20 competitions, where our players have done well. "We are more focused on working hard, and showing our performance. We are hungrier now. We want to show that Bangladesh can take up a big challenge in this World T20. We need to be calm under pressure, and there are guys in the dressing-room who play better in pressure situations. I hope they do that in the coming days."