Sachin Tendulkar ,and Professor CNR Rao awarded Bharat Ratna-PMO

when he was nominated as MP many people said that he would be used by Congress for its campaigns - that never happened. AFAIK his name hasn't been used till now and I don't think giving him Bharat Ratna will help the congress at all because they haven't done him a big favor - he thoroughly deserved the honor and sooner or later he was most certainly going to get it. They won't get any political leverage out of it.
iam just afraid that they will spoil his image by using him thatsall.. ofcourse he deserves it... no contest

And Bharat Ratna is honored. They should now start a Sachin Tendulkar award for extraordinary achievements.

The UnReal Times ‏@TheUnRealTimes 1h Professor CNR Rao must be feeling a bit like Rahul Dravid right now
That man and his achievement is going to be seriously overshadowed here. But what can one do? I hope some news channel with some wisdom makes a nice documentary on him.
iam just afraid that they will spoil his image by using him thatsall.. ofcourse he deserves it... no contest
Nah. As you just said - he deserved the award so it really doesn't matter which Govt gave him the award. Cong will not get any political mileage out of it. As for image being spoiled - it would ave happened if he would have undeservedly been given the award but thats not the case here.
Typical of Congress to hijack such events. Remember Sonia and her puttar riding in an open Jeep and waving around for congi poodles aftet 2011 wc win.
once again I ask - how exactly would Congress get any mileage out of this? Everyone agrees that he deserves it and sooner or later he most certainly would have got it so I don't see any scenario in which Cong would gain anything or be able to play politics on this one.
8 Olympic Gold Medals :dontknow:
The Bharat ratna does not necessarily mean you were the best in your field. It is given to people who has contributed to India and Indian people more. Due to Info age Sachin has reached more houses/families than Dhyanchand. He united Indians who are generally divided based on others factors.Sachin has touched more Indians/motivated more Indians to perform at high levels (including me). Thus Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna more than Dhyan Chand. Clearly his contribution to India is higher than Dhyan Chand. Another example is Pt. Ravi Shankar. He was not the best Sitar player of his time, let alone be the best classical musician of his time. But for Ravi Shankar, Indian classical music would not have reached the west/western audience. Thus he won the Bharat Ratna and Vilayat Khan/ Bade Ghulam Ali did not.
The Bharat ratna does not necessarily mean you were the best in your field. It is given to people who has contributed to India and Indian people more. Due to Info age Sachin has reached more houses/families than Dhyanchand. He united Indians who are generally divided based on others factors.Sachin has touched more Indians/motivated more Indians to perform at high levels (including me). Thus Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna more than Dhyan Chand. Clearly his contribution to India is higher than Dhyan Chand. Another example is Pt. Ravi Shankar. He was not the best Sitar player of his time, let alone be the best classical musician of his time. But for Ravi Shankar, Indian classical music would not have reached the west/western audience. Thus he won the Bharat Ratna and Vilayat Khan/ Bade Ghulam Ali did not.
Even Amitabh deserves a Bharat Ratna
once again I ask - how exactly would Congress get any mileage out of this? Everyone agrees that he deserves it and sooner or later he most certainly would have got it so I don't see any scenario in which Cong would gain anything or be able to play politics on this one.
yeah but they think they`ll mileage not us