India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

So are you saying at present form Raina deserve a chance in playing XI? He cant handle the bounce in Indian pitches what he will do in South Afrcia? What has Yuvi, Rayudu done to regaing their place? I am sorry, players were not selected based on form but out of favouritism.
I agree Raina is in poor form, and I am guessing Rahane might be getting a couple of matches. Even Pujara could have been selected. Rayudu has been hanging around for long, and needs a proper run before he is discarded. What wrong has he done to be discarded before being given a proper run? He has done well in A tours too. My main argument is about the Test squad; so I am debating Gauti vs Vijay vs whoever. I don't understand why Raina and Yuvi was brought into this discussion.
So are you saying at present form Raina deserve a chance in playing XI? He cant handle the bounce in Indian pitches what he will do in South Afrcia? What has Yuvi, Rayudu done to regaing their place? I am sorry, players were not selected based on form but out of favouritism.
Based on form test selection seems quite alright actually. ODI's however UV is being given a longer rope understandably so. This will probably be his last shot though.

The players selected all have been fringe players over several years in u19 cricket,A tours and the retirement in recent years has finally opened the gates and sehwag/gambhir have opened two more slots than expected.only tiwary is missing. to start with this is the right approach. but the worrying aspect is they are facing SA up front. they shud be facing SA and aus last ideally after three years of touring NZ,WI and getting confidence on home pithces. going by recent history the first round has usually been very disastrous(SA 1997,aus 1999). but I have a feeling they will eventually do better than the preceding generation in their second or third rounds to these countries.i feel they have more range of shots,better supported in the field and more positive attitude. unless you are sachin, you are not likely to do well first up.kohli may prove to be the key player as he has shown signs of faster learning ability in the past. one hopes there are not too many changes even if heavy defeat occurs. this is all about exposure and learning-seasoning. nothing else.

so smith is taken care of by zak and shami is deadly against right-handers. hopefully, this series he can be our tiger tiger burning bright. :pray: im concerned with bhuvi though. lately, he has been bowling too short. he has to bowl good length consistently. its interesting what will happen to the batting lineup. I think Kohli will most likely go up to 4, even though i believe he should still be 5 with Rahane/Rayudu at 4. Rohit seems to be one who bats with the tail nicely so he should stay at 6. All in all a good selection, except for Ishant Sharma. One good Ranji match does not mean he will become the bowler he was back in 2008 against Australia. Yuvraj's last opportunity at #4 tbh. You cant risk sending another #4 to Australia in WC without a good number of games before the event. If Yuvraj fails again, then its time for him to be replaced by Rahane/Pujara/Rayudu. Raina will stay in squad for finishing. I think Dhoni should come up to #5 and send Raina down to #6. Dhoni has capability to play at #5 in ODIs. Sad for Ishwar Pandey not to be selected but the non-performance in Ranji this year has gone against him. Still, he's miles better in current form than Pishant :mad:

Sad for Ishwar Pandey not to be selected but the non-performance in Ranji this year has gone against him. Still, he's miles better in current form than Pishant :mad:
I think its because he has gone wicketless in 2 of his last 3 matches. That 10fer made him a real contender but he lost form at the worst time possible.
Look I am all ready to selected Pandey over Ishant or even drop a spinner for him. But clearly we all have our hunches. I am all for giving pandey a fair run. But I feel he will fail. Maybe he lost his wicket taking touch cause MP have prepared a bit flatter pitches? I don't know have not followed MP this season.
He was taking wickets even on flat pitches last season. 6 wickets last season against Saurasthra one the flattest track you will see at Rajkot. First match of the season was also a flat pitch against Railways at Indore but he took 11 wickets in that match.
He was taking wickets even on flat pitches last season. 6 wickets last season against Saurasthra one the flattest track you will see at Rajkot. First match of the season was also a flat pitch against Railways at Indore but he took 11 wickets in that match.
And next match at Indore he was wicketless, then at Eden which was a pitch conducive to spinners he picked up just one wicket. I think these performances hurt him badly. That 10fer must have brought him on the selectors'' radar for the tour. Who knows if he does well in upcoming games he might get the ticket to NZ.
And next match at Indore he was wicketless' date=' then at Eden which was a pitch conducive to spinners he picked up just one wicket. I think these performances hurt him badly. That 10fer must have brought him on the selectors'' radar for the tour. Who knows if he does well in upcoming games he might get the ticket to NZ.[/quote'] The fact that Pandey failed against 2 stronger teams much have created doubts over his current form.