India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

Many people wanted Yadav over Bhuvi earlier in WI series. The team management also has a brain. They must have seen something in nets which we haven't and they know best what they do.
People forget that Yadav was one of our most expensive bowlers in the CT. I love the guy, but I think he is more suited for tests :).
People forget that Yadav was one of our most expensive bowlers in the CT. I love the guy' date=' but I think he is more suited for tests :).[/quote'] Yadav now seems to be out of form but we never know if he gets a chance in SA on those pitches that might be the real medicine to get him back on track.
Yadav now seems to be out of form but we never know if he gets a chance in SA on those pitches that might be the real medicine to get him back on track.
India never had this raw pace bowler with X factor. Out of desperation he is being over-rated. If you take word from our resident experts he should be running through domestic sides with raw pace. Turned out he was the worst in terms of average. Srikant Wagh outbowled him.
Many people wanted Yadav over Bhuvi earlier in WI series. The team management also has a brain. They must have seen something in nets which we haven't and they know best what they do.
not me.yadav has been completely out of form since his injury return,just bowling fast will not get you wickets even in the ranjis.if yadavis not careful he will go the ishant way but much faster,he wont get 50 tests to prove himself.
India never had this raw pace bowler with X factor. Out of desperation he is being over-rated. If you take word from our resident experts he should be running through domestic sides with raw pace. Turned out he was the worst in terms of average. Srikant Wagh outbowled him.
Are u talking about yadav ?If so then u are ignorant.He has ran through many domestic sides as his 7 -5 wicket hauls and 4-4 wicket hauls in 35 matches would show.I really do not get this idiotic mentality of hating pace.I guess years of suffering from pace bowlers from opp has made indians hate them.
Yes, he is not bowling well now. But you using these matches for the defense of Dhoni's decision previously is pure desperation. What was Dhoni seeing in Ishhhhhant when he was averaging in 90s and was in the team as permanent member. Did he not have a brain then ?
Since he has been poor domestic, he deserves to sit out and not many now will say otherwise. Its not desperation because of his pace, he has proved himself in tests, look at his strike rate.
in just 2 matches..he has an overall avg of around 25 in the FC matches along with the best avg and S/R for an indian bowler in tests nowadays.. thing is with shami,bhuvi and zak,they are all close to similar speeds with the exception of shami maybe,that is a bit monotonous..u need atleast one bowler with extra pace just to heckle the batsmen and make them feel uncomfortable/jittery from one end then he can be set up from the other end..he may well be expensive but most express bowlers have been in tests ,lee`s E/R in test was 3.5 .. without yadav,we will struggle to pick 20 wkts just like what happened after the ahmedabad test against england

Guys- Shoaib Akhtar was a Genuine fast bowler who used to bowl at 155K also But there were many a times when he ws lacking rhythm He used to give away runs n Leg side bowling but Still Pak Persisted with him - got him to be in his playing 15 All the while N finally he proved as All time Great ...genuine fast bowler..... India needs to have TRUST and FAITH on UY and he would Deliver......once he practices hard gets his rhythm back Shammi was also out of rhythm n bowling under 137K And Luckily for Shammi ...when shaMmi was just out About to be thrown OUT ......he got his rhythm and Pace back... I saw him bowling 141K+ in Mumbai wankhade n hitting the WI keeper......had he not managed to get his rhythm back n been thrown Who knows he wud have not been in the plane to africa....... Show Patience.....have Trust .....UY will deliver.

From Cricinfo comments: On above comments i suggest, indian people think pakistani bating line is veru weak but keep in mind pakistani bowling is NO1 and has beat indian in indian and also in SA too. I know indian can play only in indian now in SF, indian batting line will face good bowling line up and here here all world will know what is talent of virat kholi,SD and also other too. Pakistan has done good in SF and i feel indian will not do good in SA because indian good player are tiger in indian only not outside. 592239_475380822490964_971148209_n.jpg

Guys- Shoaib Akhtar was a Genuine fast bowler who used to bowl at 155K also But there were many a times when he ws lacking rhythm He used to give away runs n Leg side bowling but Still Pak Persisted with him - got him to be in his playing 15 All the while N finally he proved as All time Great ...genuine fast bowler..... India needs to have TRUST and FAITH on UY and he would Deliver......once he practices hard gets his rhythm back Shammi was also out of rhythm n bowling under 137K And Luckily for Shammi ...when shaMmi was just out About to be thrown OUT ......he got his rhythm and Pace back... I saw him bowling 141K+ in Mumbai wankhade n hitting the WI keeper......had he not managed to get his rhythm back n been thrown Who knows he wud have not been in the plane to africa....... Show Patience.....have Trust .....UY will deliver.
what makes you think Akthar is ATG , he was a bowler who had his moments and was never reliable.

When the Indian team scores the first run on December 5 against South Africa in the first One-dayer in Johannesburg, it will become the highest-run scoring team in the 50-over format of the game. India and Australia are currently levelled on 1,82,881 runs from 841 (a world record) and 825 matches respectively. Australia though have far better winning percentage, having won 505 matches as against 423 of India. Pakistan are at the third spot among countries which have scored most ODI runs with 1,71,982 from 807 matches, followed by Sri Lanka on 146365 and the West Indies on 145260.

India's tour of South Africa: A series that suffered in the wake of boardroom battles http://www.indianexpress.com/news/indias-tour-of-south-africa-a-series-that-suffered-in-the-wake-of-boardroom-battles/1202070/ Finally, after all the discussions, cut-throat negotiations and anti-Haroon Lorgat lobbying, the Indian cricket team will land in Johannesburg in the wee hours of Monday morning. But the scale of the upcoming series, abridged as it might be, is not lost on the cricket fans. Nor is the behind-the-scenes badgering that almost ensured that the tour was a no-go. It's safe to say that the diplomatic mess between the BCCI and Cricket South Africa (CSA) lurks as an irksome backdrop to the truncated series between arguably the two best all-round teams in world cricket presently. The one vexing outcome of the ego-clashes between the two boards that has left many former cricketers seething is the absence of a third Test — the popular New Years' Test scheduled annually in Newlands, Cape Town. "We have the top two teams in the world and it would have been nice if they played a fuller series. Obviously there are issues that need to be resolved between the BCCI and CSA. Until they do that there is obviously going to be a problem," says former opener Barry Richards. CEO to nobody Ironically, while the BCCI's pet-hate, Lorgat, will not have any active role to play when the Indians land here. For now, he's very much the man-in-charge of cricket here in South Africa. On Saturday, it was Lorgat in his role as the CEO of CSA, who handed the ODI series-winning trophy to Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq. And he was also seen on local television shows talking about the team's recent association with a top-line suiting brand. Come Thursday, however, and Lorgat will not be in the picture. The irony is not lost on Richards. "It began when Haroon was at the ICC and that's why he left the ICC even though he was scheduled to resign anyway. But there was something happening beforehand. Obviously there was some bad blood. But it's awful when it becomes a personal issue and cricket suffers like this," he says. The controversial former ICC CEO himself is unreachable for comment and insists on not giving interviews. Even ex-administrators are wary of speaking on the vexing issue between the boards or on the man who many feel is singularly responsible for the rift and the cutting down of the tour. "It's unfortunate that you have two such good teams here and you are playing only two Tests. That's the reality though. A minimum of a three-Test series would have been appropriate. Let's not go into the reasons," says former chief Ali Bacher. Even someone with a serious axe to grind with the CSA like former disgraced president Gerald Majola are tight-lipped, citing that he's no longer involved with the game. Many also feel that the Indians could still give Cape Town its annual fare with India concluding their tour against the Proteas on December 30, and their next international assignment, the first of five ODIs against New Zealand in Napier, not scheduled until January 19, which means a 20-day break for Dhoni & Co. Only two years ago, Team India was in London playing a Test match at Lord's in 11 days after their last Test in Dominica. That same year the IPL had begun less than five days after India had lifted the World Cup. Disappointed "I am also disappointed that the Indian players don't say much about that. I am sure they want to be tested against the best, don't they? Beating the West Indies 2-0 cannot be satisfying as beating South Africa in South Africa," adds Richards. Despite what happens here, the build-up the tour has left a bad taste in the mouth he insists. Says Richards, "As a cricket lover it is hard to understand and there's more to it than meets the eye but I think we should put everything aside and see what's best for cricket. And in this case that's not been done."