India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

I think overall SA was too scared to lose the series and India didn't believe they could actually win.
In the first test India had a realistic chance of win. But Ashwin totally botched it. Didn't do anything. Fast bowlers ran out of steam pretty quickly. Second TEst INdia was never in a positin to win it. But that doesn't mean you should not look for wickets. So justification of persisting with old ball don't really make lot of sense.
I missed it. Point is we didn't make a big deal about the wrong decisions in the first test' date=' neither did SA. This test could've been saved despite those bad decisions.[/quote'] That is true. Dhawan an Nohit as frontline batsmen should have done a lot better. Secondly, Dhobi with 80+ tests should have batted more responsibly. If Jaddu can score triples at will, even 1/10th that score would have benefited the team. And then, there's also the fact that we collapsed miserably in the first innings, and you can't blame the DRS for that. We lost because it was Steyn back to his near-best and also because some cricketers showed no hunger for a fight.

Have I seen a new Murali Vijay in the SA series? Murali Vijay has shown a lot of patience in the SA series. Has he worked on his temperament? He was great against the spinners and not circumspect towards pacers. Compact technique, I think. If he does well in NZ, then he may become a permanent fixture in the team.

Always felt he was our best spinner even before this tour. Never rated his batting. But not a bad choice as a bowling allrounder. IMO, he needs a couple of fitties in Test cricket and once he gets some confidence that he can score in this format at that level, we might be seeing some significant contributions with the bat too from him. I guess at this point of time he himself does not trust his batting ability in this format.

MURALI SHOWS HE WANTS TO BE THERE AND HAS MADE A LOT OF ADJUSTMENTS TO HIS BATTING, he showed good judgment against world class attack away from home, he fits in with the current team and Sehwag, Gambhir have to perform to get a look in, Dhawan and Rohit need to adjust a bit more to playing away but Dhawan was ok and did get some 30's

Not having DRS can only harm India's chances. Most of the umpires want to take out their frustations with BCCI on the Indian team. No team has been more screwed over by umpires than India. It is illogical as to why someone like Sachin is against it, wasn't he the guy who has gotten the most number of wrong decisions in cricketing history.

If we are against DRS, we can't crib about these decisions. This will happen and I love it when it happens :ohyeah: We are very lame in opposing to DRS. Its a much better way to eliminate the wrong decisions. And the attitude our batsman show when they are given out, and the attitude our bowlers show when we are denied a wicket is astonishing. We look at the ump as if he has just extracted their kidneys. Such sheepish look on the faces of Indian batsmen and bowlers. Only one thing cn save them - DRS. Like it or not, but thats the only solution to such howlers.

He has already become a permanent fixture of our team. Regardless of how he does in NZ. I would like to see him go to England in the 5 match series. He deserves to play atlesat the first test in England. We got to back these guys who have scored even one fifty in South Africa. They were scored against some top class bowling.

Spare a thought for Ojha Man of the series in the west indies test series, but doesn't get to play a single game. Two spinners tried in the next two test which Indian plays after him becoming man of the series, and yet he is not one of them. I guess that's part of it and he will have to go through this for another whole year as India continues to play overseas. But I would still maintain if there is turn, Ojha is the best spinner in the country right now.

Man of the series in the west indies test series' date= but doesn't get to play a single game. Two spinners tried in the next two test which Indian plays after him becoming man of the series, and yet he is not one of them. I guess that's part of it and he will have to go through this for another whole year as India continues to play overseas. But I would still maintain if there is turn, Ojha is the best spinner in the country right now.
Rohit Sharma was the MoS..Ojha has poor record in Sri Lanka...hardly better than Jadeja and Ashwin.

I don't get how Ojha is the best spinner in India currently, Ashwin has got more wickets than any spinner at home. Ojha hasn't played away other than in SL iirc. IMO his pace isn't right for these conditions, like Ashwin he'd have struggled as well. Jadeja on other hand was absolutely perfect with his wicket to wicket line and 90-95kph pace.