I'm tired of the brand of cricket in sub continent

]Why are you guys wasting your time watching these humiliations after humiliations which will continue for one and a half more years? The captain himself believes away matches are for practice only. BCCI will line up some sitting ducks like WI and SL for the home season to rejuvenate the fan base and there is of course' date= IPL.
Hidden reason is we all love cricket to the core :)
I don't think we'd have won an ODI even if this was a 7 match ODI series as originally planned. Our bowling just isn't cut out for international cricket. We do decently at home because we rely on spinners. Away even they are negated.
Do you know how many series it took for someone like warne to use Indian pitches which favor spin bowling. Yes Indian play spin well but murli who was from subcontinent took far less time to adapt to our conditions compared to warne. So lets me a little fair to our young bowlers.
Too much of a reaction after just one bad series? 2 of the last 6 ODI series we won were away(CT in England' date=' Tri series in WI). I am sure we would have been much better if this was a full tour and we were given time and warmup matches for practice.[/quote'] The fact remains that we can't play pace and bounce. We are very good at home on featherbeds, but when the ball starts talking, we have no answers.

I'm tired of the brand of cricket in sub continent Let's face it. We play on easy paced tracks which have no bounce, seam movement for fast bowlers. When foreign teams come here, their fast bowlers are completely neutralized so our FTBs can make merry. Our spinners do well against them in tests because their batsmen are not used to playing on these tracks. In ODIs, our ftbs again cover for the poor bowling on batting pitches where all bowlers are slaughtered. Is this the type of cricket anyone can enjoy ? Where spinners who amble and roll their arms over and trundlers are the main bowlers ? Where FTBs score centuries upon centuries on dead tracks ? Where ODIs are just elongated T20 games where average talents prosper ? That's why sub continent batsmen have averages of 50+ despite not deserving it and not having the technique and skill (other than Sachin and Dravid). They get found out every time they play on tough tracks and most of them dont even have the ticker to fight it out and make a gritty 70 from 100 balls. Most of them just throw their bats and get bowled out for 150 on such pitches. Dont care how many ODIs we win, I dont get any pleasure from the way we play cricket. I like the brand of cricket they play in Australia and South Africa which help fast bowlers and batsmen have to grit it out to score runs. But obviously, we dont have the mental or physical strength to play that brand of cricket.

Why, didn't you like the way batsmen had to grit it out on the tough turning tracks vs Australia test series earlier this year? Those were by no means easy paced wickets and it needed immense skill and patience to score on those tracks. How can you forget so quickly?

This must be true. Our spinners do well because their batsmen aren't used to these pitches. But our batsmen who aren't used to bounce or seam but neuter spinners on turning tracks are FTBs.
Except the last time we faced quality spin in the form of Panesar and Swann we did not fare quite so well. So we arent even neutering spinners. Anyway this is in ODIs where neither spinners nor pacemen get any kind of assistance on Indian pitches and it is a bit boring. Yesterdays ODI was the first one I have watched in a ling time, a genuine contest between bat and ball not the boring slog fests we see at home

i quite agree with the op but the thing is we shouldn't play such boring, meaningless odis like vs windies especially on such pattas b4 such an important away tour where the nature of pitches are totally different,rather we should have gone to saf early,get used to bounce of the track then maybe our team would have performed better..but the good thing is the team has had decent practice b4 the all important test series.. even pakistan were routed in the test early this year but did well in the odis because they got used to the conditions

Anyway this is in ODIs where neither spinners nor pacemen get any kind of assistance on Indian pitches and it is a bit boring. Yesterdays ODI was the first one I have watched in a ling time, a genuine contest between bat and ball not the boring slog fests we see at home
This is true and a reason why i lost interest in LOI completely. There were hardly any contests between bat and ball, and it was boring like hell. Tests are the real cricket and I'm interested how our team performs there. But if the bowlers fail to take wickets even there, I don't think any team can do anything! The side will become worse than Bangladesh.
I don't get the time to watch much cricket' date=' but if you are watching it for sports and entertainment then won't the Ashes be a better proposition. I know it's the ODI series but based on cricinfo and ICF I don't see them doing anything worthwhile in tests either. From a results perspective these ODIs don't matter, but they seem to send a terrible sign of things to come in tests over the next year and then the WC, which does matter in ODIs. I know they won the CT in England, but from all accounts it was on subcontinent type wickets and the final was not even an ODI but a T20.[/quote'] I watch since I love the game. Ashes doesn't suit my time and anyway I'll prefer watching India. ODIs start after end of day's play in Ashes so there's not even a choice between the two. You can still watch ODIs after Ashes.

As far as overseas performance goes India is in ultimate transition state. So keep your expectation very low when India tours abroad. We could get absolutely demolished by teams. Be prepared for that and support the guys. This is the best they could have sent bar one or two guys. No point in making fun of those who rightfully play for us. We just have to hope that they learn from their mistakes and make a name for themselves. It all depends on their hunger.

The fact remains that we can't play pace and bounce. We are very good at home on featherbeds' date=' but when the ball starts talking, we have no answers.[/quote'] The key is that we are not just "very good" at home, we are almost always much better than any of our opponents. It's not our problem if they don't have the batting talent to surpass our scores or the bowling depth to keep our batsmen in check. If our guys can slog their bowlers into submission, why can't their guys do the same to ours, especially considering our guys are talentless trundlers?

The brand of cricket that is promoted in India is fight between the batsmen of two teams. Fight between good batsmen and bowlers is not promoted at all. Playing spin of the highest quality is as difficult as plating good pacers. That needs to be recognised. But, we do not promote good spinners even. Is there any good spin academy in our country ? Do we have a spin coach for our national team ? Do we have a spinner who can turn the ball on most surfaces ? The answer to all this is no. Most spinners bowling in domestic cricket are among the most boring bowlers in the history of the game. BCCI promotes run fests on flat surfaces. I too am sick of this brand of cricket. I want fights between good batsmen and good bowlers, be it pace or spin. Our talented cricketers are not being allowed to get adept at this by the nature of pitches, matches, coaches and crazy schedules which Don't have practice matches. We should really show our displeasure against these mindless runfests which is ruining our cricket. Mind you , there is a deep hypocrisy involved on my part also, as I too watch these meaningless matches.