Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

ok so Rohit Sharma has 178 runs in 258 balls overseas since south africa at a strike rate of 69 and an average of 29.66 Considering he is batting in the top 10 when scores on average have been 300 plus that is just too slow.
The strike rate isn't bad per se, but Rohit scores a lot of boundaries (esp sixes), and this means he eats a large number of balls. This puts pressure on the batsman at the other end, and on the whole team. Strike of 70 at a lower dot ball percentage is not bad in these conditions, but the average of 29.66 is not exactly reliable batting. Average of 35-40 at S/R of 70 with a low dot ball percent would have worked.
High time Rahane replaces him at the top and Pujara replaces him in the team.
I know some guys became better after they became openers. Jayasuriya, Sehwag, Gilchrist etc in one dayers. Rohit sharma move clearly is not working. His best position is later order slogging. Even that is a big question mark considering he could get out to spinners easily. But atleast he won't kill the momentum at the start which will affect Dhawan as well.
I know some guys became better after they became openers. Jayasuriya' date=' Sehwag, Gilchrist etc in one dayers. Rohit sharma move clearly is not working. His best position is later order slogging. Even that is a big question mark considering he could get out to spinners easily. But atleast he won't kill the momentum at the start which will affect Dhawan as well.[/quote'] He will be even worse in the middle order. For now he shouldn't be playing as he is out of form.
RS is too slow from the get go.. I wonder how he scored 200 against Aus? or what happened to him? His mindset is completely different now a day..
Even there he was slow. He made up by hitting sixes late in the innings. Faulkner showed on that pitch any donkey could have scored lol. But for Rohit running Kohli out, that 200 was Kohli's

A country who has a reputation of playing some of the most attacking openers in the form of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly in the past, Rohit Sharma just doesn't fit the style and approach of Indian Cricket. His strike rate is alarming, a strike rate of 57 in power plays is not only unacceptable, but criminal in modern day cricket. More often than not he puts himself and the team in a position where he has sucked up 25 to 30 balls for 10 or 15 odd runs, get himself under pressure, and throws his wicket away, only for Kohli to come and rescue us. The more i watched him play in recent series in South Africa, Newzealand and now here in Bangladesh, the more i am convinced that this guy is an absolute, home made, pure Indian Flat Track Bully. The moment pitch does something of the ordinary, a little sideways or up and down movement, he looks clueless, and all his elegance and class goes out of the window. He gave everyone the perfect example of his batting approach, when he sledged Steyn by saying something like, "lets see what you would do when you come and bowl in India. :facepalm:. An absolute disgrace of an opener, needs to be kicked out of this team with immediate effect. But as much as i hate saying this, we have no option but to continue with him in Asia Cup as he is the second most experienced batsmen in the line up after Kohli.