Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Not bigging up Rohit for the sake of it' date='Solely as far as T20's are concerned he has been tremendously succesful in IPL batting at 4 and 5...He has good numbers to show in internationals to where he has batted around the same position....ODI's I get every one jumping off the bandwagon but he needs to be given a run i nthsi format[/quote'] Look as you know i am a MI fan and yes Rohit does have a good international and ipl record at 4. I like rohit being a supporter of mumbai ranji cricket above all domestic cricket. But Yuvi has been exceptional for India in this format. Who would you drop? Kohli--- best Indian batsman Raina---- as good a record as Rohit and very handy bowler in these conditions Yuvraj---- was man of the series for big ICC tournaments , just played a good knock MSD---- keeper batsman Its a problem of plenty.
Look as you know i am a MI fan and yes Rohit does have a good international and ipl record at 4. I like rohit being a supporter of mumbai ranji cricket above all domestic cricket. But Yuvi has been exceptional for India in this format. Who would you drop? Kohli--- best Indian batsman Raina---- as good a record as Rohit and very handy bowler in these conditions Yuvraj---- was man of the series for big ICC tournaments , just played a good knock MSD---- keeper batsman Its a problem of plenty.
WIll open with Kohli....Best batsman has to play most No. of overs +only guy with a decent technique in the squad
WIll open with Kohli....Best batsman has to play most No. of overs +only guy with a decent technique in the squad
I know a lot of purists will kill you, but that sounds like a good idea. At any cost, Rohit will play ... so sacrifice Kohli's batting order to make room for him. Or ... Rahane to open and Rohit being the 12th man?
Not bigging up Rohit for the sake of it' date='Solely as far as T20's are concerned he has been tremendously succesful in IPL batting at 4 and 5...He has good numbers to show in internationals to where he has batted around the same position....ODI's I get every one jumping off the bandwagon but he needs to be given a run i nthsi format[/quote'] No More Trolling :doh:
Not bigging up Rohit for the sake of it' date='Solely as far as T20's are concerned [b']he has been tremendously succesful in IPL batting at 4 and 5...He has good numbers to show in internationals to where he has batted around the same position....ODI's I get every one jumping off the bandwagon but he needs to be given a run i nthsi format
Binny has a better strike rate than Rohit in IPL .. So?
Binny has a better strike rate than Rohit in IPL .. So?
S/R is not the only criteria-Yes most important in T20 but there are other factorstoo...Rohit is the middle order bat while Binny is the lower middle order finisher/slogger. Also Rohit has had success in internationals comparitively .....I mean no harm in trying him at 4/5.....wasn't that the slot he was expected to take over in LOI's before he started opening anyways?
S/R is not the only criteria-Yes most important in T20 but there are other factorstoo...Rohit is the middle order bat while Binny is the lower middle order finisher/slogger. Also Rohit has had success in internationals comparitively .....I mean no harm in trying him at 4/5.....wasn't that the slot he was expected to take over in LOI's before he started opening anyways?
Boohoo

I think Opening is taking away his natural attacking game....He is not sure if he is the sheet anchor or the main agressor...I think he will be good in the finisher role.....His debut test series where he played with the tail and some of the close matches he won MI in IPL....I think 4 in LOI's and 6 in tests is the right slot for him.

I think Opening is taking away his natural attacking game....He is not sure if he is the sheet anchor or the main agressor...I think he will be good in the finisher role.....His debut test series where he played with the tail and some of the close matches he won MI in IPL....I think 4 in LOI's and 6 in tests is the right slot for him.
Mental hacks do not make finishers The best place for him is out