Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Good one :hysterical: A players scores 50 with only fours and sixes, lets say 5 fours and five sixes, and he scores 50 in 20 balls. You'd say a poor innings as he consumed 10 dot balls, nice Lahori Logic there. :hysterical: Coming back to the point, where you say Rohit comes in powerplay and doesn't rotate strike much are you not answering your own questions? I agree that his dot ball percentage is high, but criticizing him for innings yesterday is absolutely unfair. He played well while Dhawan on the other hand was clearly struggling. Dhawan took that extra risk and got away with it, it was perhaps his day. But it was Rohit who started the attack, taking risk against Junaid and carting him for a six over cover point. Raina and Kohli batted well, but if you look at Kohli's dot ball, it is 15 out of 32. So around 50% are dots given that he has 5 men out of the ring and can virtually take a single every ball, no? And you say Kohli rotated the strike well :hail: GB stop being biased, I know Rohit has an issue, but this is not the innings that you should pick to justify your stand. This was a good knock under the circumstances, a rare good knock he has played. I am disappointed that he threw away, should have made a 50 not out here, would have been an ideal innings to boost his confidence.
You really need to read through my posts.
Rohit today did what he needed to go given the circumstances. Well played to him. A stable performance from him and Dhawan.
But i stand by what i said, it was not an innings of conviction.He did just job. Look strike rotation is important. If he had 50 runs in 20 balls. Then that is a great innings. Not denying that. But, there will be pitches and times when you cant go allout and have to respect the bowler. In those times you need to rotate the strike and not get bogged down.
This guy is never going to have a half decent career. He just does not have the cricketing skills and temperament to do that. Either lofted drive or stuck at the crease and poke one or miss one. That is his whole game plan
this is the point i am trying to make.

Ganguly ,gayle all are block and hit type of limited over openers.As long as rohit scores runs at healthy rate it should not matter.BUt he has been struggling of late.I see a effort by him to rotate strike in the asia cup and now in t20s and fletcher also talked about he needed to do that.

Ganguly ' date='sehwag,gayle all are block and hit type of limited over openers.As long as rohit scores runs at healthy rate it should not matter.BUt he has been struggling of late.I see a effort by him to rotate strike in the asia cup and now in t20s and fletcher also talked about he needed to do that.[/quote'] difference is ganguly, sehwag, gilly played much less no of dots and wayyy more consistent than nohit. Mostly nohit gets out with pathetic SR