Delhi Daredevils -IPL 2014 Official thread

Switchblade

How the hell is Imran Tahir playing for them? He is a completely average spinner and at 1-2 crore, surely DD should save such money. Between average spinners like Tahir or Rahul Sharma, Rahul should easily get the nod as he is Indian, cheaper and actually a bit better in local conditions. Even Nadeem is better than this guy, Tahir got very lucky

How the hell is Imran Tahir playing for them? He is a completely average spinner and at 1-2 crore, surely DD should save such money. Between average spinners like Tahir or Rahul Sharma, Rahul should easily get the nod as he is Indian, cheaper and actually a bit better in local conditions. Even Nadeem is better than this guy, Tahir got very lucky
Kirsten is the coach am i right...no wonder.

Any T20 team whose two centerpiece batsmen are KP and Karthik are doomed. No disrespect to either of them - they're pretty good players in their own right - but niether of them have ever proven to be successful in the t20 format over a substantial period of time. Btw, the Dilli Duds are silently having another terrible season. Of all the teams that have played all of the 7 seasons so far, they have one of the more underwhelming records. Any team can have a terrible season - that's just the nature of the t20 game - but to have 7 consecutive seasons of average to mediocre performances point to chronic bad management/coaching/player selection. I really did like the look of Dilli in it's first three seasons. If my memory serves me right, the backbone of their batting was local Dilli boys (Sehwag + Gambhir + Dhawan) + ABDV. I have no idea why they ever let go of of somebody like AB.

Delhi played well but to defeat a great team like RCB you need not only to play well but luck and umpires in your side. You did not had luck and umpires. So cheer up DD. No shame in losing to a much superior side

Delhi played well but to defeat a great team like RCB you need not only to play well but luck and umpires in your side. You did not had luck and umpires. So cheer up DD. No shame in losing to a much superior side
:hysterical::hysterical:

you guys cheated DD by keeping their main player Dinda on bench :giggle:

Any T20 team whose two centerpiece batsmen are KP and Karthik are doomed. No disrespect to either of them - they're pretty good players in their own right - but niether of them have ever proven to be successful in the t20 format over a substantial period of time. Btw, the Dilli Duds are silently having another terrible season. Of all the teams that have played all of the 7 seasons so far, they have one of the more underwhelming records. Any team can have a terrible season - that's just the nature of the t20 game - but to have 7 consecutive seasons of average to mediocre performances point to chronic bad management/coaching/player selection. I really did like the look of Dilli in it's first three seasons. If my memory serves me right, the backbone of their batting was local Dilli boys (Sehwag + Gambhir + Dhawan) + ABDV. I have no idea why they ever let go of of somebody like AB.
DD were table topper in 2012, you forgot. :hmmm: