India A tour of Australia in July- Aug

Sounds like lots of excuses to me. If Umesh is as good as you make him out to be , he should be taking wickets across formats or at least in FC cricket which is his stronger suit. Can't keep saying look he is not being picked for tests and hence he's struggling. Umesh had an opportunity in BD, what does he do, on a green wicket bowls terribly. Now he has his chance in Aus, as the best test bowler to whom a grave injustice has been done, I would expect him to pick lots of wickets. Lets see how he does.
No excuse, 4 fc matches are not a good enough criteria to judge him. If he was on SA tour, NZ tour, then he should have been here too with the team if not in XI. Regarding across all formats, yes, he did well in list A matches for Vidarbha 11 wickets in 4 matches at 16, ER 4.84 and none of the other Vidarbha bowler was close to him, picked a 5-fer too, did well in T20 IPL where he got 2 MOMs. He kept improving the more he played. You remember poor bowling in 2nd match but do not remember 3-fer in first ODI in the same series.

Who justified yadav's exclusion from the England tour? Oh wait ,was it saneindian?the same guy who defended Yadav not playing a single test match in saf,nzl by saying he has not bowled well for vidharbha in the last 2-3 domestic matches lol. Is stat the only criterion?wake up and see that this guy Yadav is far better than most of the bowlers who are selected in the squad over him. He is a bowler who gets Better if he bowls more and gets into the rhythm.can't waste such a guy by not picking him in the squad .he should play more and.more and should be instilled with confidence

Who justified yadav's exclusion from the England tour? Oh wait ,was it saneindian?the same guy who defended Yadav not playing a single test match in saf,nzl by saying he has not bowled well for vidharbha in the last 2-3 domestic matches lol. Is stat the only criterion?wake up and see that this guy Yadav is far better than most of the bowlers who are selected in the squad over him. He is a bowler who gets Better if he bowls more and gets into the rhythm.can't waste such a guy by not picking him in the squad .he should play more and.more and should be instilled with confidence
no he defended his exclusion from A team :rofl:
Sounds like lots of excuses to me. If Umesh is as good as you make him out to be , he should be taking wickets across formats or at least in FC cricket which is his stronger suit. Can't keep saying look he is not being picked for tests and hence he's struggling. Umesh had an opportunity in BD, what does he do, on a green wicket bowls terribly. Now he has his chance in Aus, as the best test bowler to whom a grave injustice has been done, I would expect him to pick lots of wickets. Lets see how he does.
Bowlers like Umesh need to be backed, he is special swing at 148k is something that India never had.
umesh yadav is not a finished product. that explains why he is not picking lots of wickets like other bowlers in domestic cricket. bowlers like vinay kumar are more fine tuned and they have already reached their optimum level. so they will get mnore wickets in domestic circuit. but the scope for improvement is small. uy has the potential to become one of the best bowlers in the world. so the question is whether we are satisfied with bowlers like vinay kumar giving average performance at intl level or we want to strive for higher quality bowlers at the price of giving them time. if you compare umesh yadav and dale steyn skill wise. uy can bowl as quick as steyn, can move the ball away and reverse as much as steyn. the difference will be dicipline and wicket taking ability. both those things can be build by playing lots of matches and by achieving experience. you cannot tell the same for a vinay kumar, mithun, ... this is the exact reason why bowlers like umesh yadav should be playing in lots of test matches irrespective of their returns. if we had a ready made malcom marshal we won;t have to do this. but since india does not have such bowlers, we have to invest on bowlers who shows promise rather than stats at domestic level. support from captain and bowling coach are also very crucial in taking that next step. unfortunately bowlers like uy does not have both.
The point is UY can swing both ways at 145+ which is what Steyn does at times, but what steyn also does is pace himself and be accurate through out the test and series' which UY has not learnt or is not capable of doing for now. But the point lost on some people who do not see value in him is that, right now there are '0' bowlers in India other than him who have his potential to be a genuine test class fast bowler...probably with the exception of Shami.
Bowlers like Umesh need to be backed' date=' he is special swing at 148k is something that India never had.[/quote'] I m a big fan of umesh n truly feel up shud have been in England But let's see how he does against Australia a..If He Suceed I feel he may get to fly to England. ..I beleive.
if he isn't our best test bowler' date=' who do you think is?[/quote'] don't bother with him. If he had his way, he would want Dinda, and Vinay Kumar and Mithun in the team. Well because they picked up some wickets in the domestics. Pathetic :headshake:
bingo
Over 3.6: Yadav to Hughes, FOUR, width outside off and smashed through the cover region. Over 3.3: Yadav to Hughes, FOUR, great shot gets a short of a length delivery and crunches it away Over 3.2: Yadav to Hughes, FOUR, width outside off and crunched away through the covers
Over 3.6: Yadav to Hughes' date= FOUR, width outside off and smashed through the cover region. Over 3.3: Yadav to Hughes, FOUR, great shot gets a short of a length delivery and crunches it away Over 3.2: Yadav to Hughes, FOUR, width outside off and crunched away through the covers
27 over mein 97 runs pe just a single wicket..I have been his biggest fan..but still Umesh has proved that Selectors did not err in not flying him to england. Simultaneously i guess BUMRAH claiming 4 wickets and may be even 5 early tommorow is proving that he should have been in england ....looks Bumrah is the new bowling HERO...
27 over mein 97 runs pe just a single wicket..I have been his biggest fan..but still Umesh has proved that Selectors did not err in not flying him to england. Simultaneously i guess BUMRAH claiming 4 wickets and may be even 5 early tommorow is proving that he should have been in england ....looks Bumrah is the new bowling HERO...
Umesh bowled well after I posted that though but couldn't pick any wicket :((
Bumrah might make it to ODI squad in England :dance:
1 or 2 bad performence is not enough to take you out of team....see Ishant....so consistent