speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

He did well in Ranji this year. Before that he was not good and he barely had played in matches in succession because of injuries. This was the first FC season he completed and did well. He will get better as he plays more. Domestic cricket alone wont make them any good. One does not become MJ overnight. Even MJ does not have any great skills but what he has pace. Until, we give chances to such guys who have pace, we will never get one. In terms of speeds, he has not been far from MJ. 2-3K of pace is not a big difference. MJ quickest 150, Aaron 148.9. Even in average speed, Aaron is around 88-89 mph, MJ around 90 mph. So, it is not a huge difference. These speeds are high for any standard. Morkel has been the fastest bowler in this IPL by far, has the most deliveries in quickest top 10.
MJ had 150 plus speed which he could bowl all day, we don't know if Aaron can do it, I am all for giving him a chance but he was looking clueless in odis , this is first stretch of the games he has looked good which was ruined by his last over yesterday. In last odi he was tonked by even bangladesh, like all other Indian fast bowlers he has ability to lose the match in one spell. He is not taking new ball for even RCB so swing is not his forte , is seam his forte, I don't know his bowling in NZ didn't suggest he has great ability to seam the ball. I personally feel UT will be better test bowler but is dhobi going to leave his pet Ishant and select both UT and Aaron along with Shami is the question. But England tour has five tests so every fast bowler who is any good will be selected and most probably play in some tests.

If ever by miracle we have Shami, Aaron, Suyal, Bhuvi, Umesh, Pandey as bowlers in the squad for England we could have a good attack and , potentially be competitive but , Zak is injured that is g8 hopefully even VK, Ishant have fitness issues so we are saved from them, biggest problem is the idi0t Dhobi.

MJ had 150 plus speed which he could bowl all day' date= we don't know if Aaron can do it, I am all for giving him a chance but he was looking clueless in odis , this is first stretch of the games he has looked good which was ruined by his last over yesterday.
That is just a perception. His average speed in SA was around 89-90 mph which 142-144kph. Max speed cannot be called bowled all day. In ODIs, he was coming back after a long gap and struggled with control with his new action. Regarding last game, that was not a great for T20, but good for test cricket, hit right lengths. It is not like he sprayed the ball. He just did not hit yorkers which is not an essential requirement in tests. T20 is the most difficult format for pacers. Even Johnson has been thrashed. Morkel has been thrashed.
In last odi he was tonked by even bangladesh' date=' like all other Indian fast bowlers he has ability to lose the match in one spell.[/quote'] He was struggling with his new action at that time which he tweaked after injury. He is now back to his old action. I am talking about tests, not ODI. Everyone can be thrashed in LOIs these days.

I m kinda sure ishant will not be picked in eleven In england. I guess he may goto england though. I would select at least 8 fast medium bowlers ahead of ishant Bumrah Suyal Umesh Varun Shammi Bhuvi Even rahul shukla could be better than him. I wud select ishant ahead of vk And unadkat...vk n unadkat r totally useless.

Shammi 142 to 145k in first over. This guy was way slow to umesh and aaron but Now he is averaging 142 +... This guy creates maximum opportunities in His bowling than any bowler...if I m the captain I wud keep players in catching positions ...maximum catching Fielders....

That is just a perception. His average speed in SA was around 89-90 mph which 142-144kph. Max speed cannot be called bowled all day. In ODIs, he was coming back after a long gap and struggled with control with his new action. Regarding last game, that was not a great for T20, but good for test cricket, hit right lengths. It is not like he sprayed the ball. He just did not hit yorkers which is not an essential requirement in tests. T20 is the most difficult format for pacers. Even Johnson has been thrashed. Morkel has been thrashed.
His speed and bounce were not just difficult to bat they became difficult to survive, I don't think any of our bowlers are any where close to that hostility. why is he bowling test match length in t20s what it shows he is unable to adjust and it is a stretch to call it great test bowling lengths. . Some bowlers can bowl fast but eminently hittable like Malcolm Sami, is this guy in that same category ?
He was struggling with his new action at that time which he tweaked after injury. He is now back to his old action. I am talking about tests, not ODI. Everyone can be thrashed in LOIs these days.
Everyone can thrashed but other than one or two matches he has been spotty in odis but he is young and coming out of injury so we have give him time. what is his stock delivery to me it is short of length rising ball which could be defended easily in tests.
he did swing the ball yesterday. Pitches in ODIs in NZ were flattish tracks. Neither Shami nor BK swung the ball there much even when they bowled with new ball apart from Welliington and there even Aron swung the ball.m
If they were flattish pitches how come our batsmen struggled to win even one match there, he was not good and I understand it was his first tour and he was learning and add Dhobi's captaincy it was recipe for disaster ,it happens to the best of the them
All our bowlers need to improve. No one is finished article either Shami, BK, Yadav or Aaron. Everyone lacks one or the other thing, but there are not many complete bowlers like Steyn, harris etc. and in a combination, they can form a good attack.
yes they lack one thing or other that is the problem but if both yadav and aaron play along with bhuvi in first test they can leak runs so fast that Dhobi will have to bowl Kohli just to stop runs.

Who among the 3 medium pace All rounders looks better... 1. Rishi dhawan. 2. L r shukla 3. Irfan pathan 4. Stuart binny. 5. Is there any other pace all rounder.
Rajat Bhatia the best one. Me thinks Binny and Dhawan have a chance. IKP looks like now learnt to bowl death overs but hasent hacked it with the bat..

His speed and bounce were not just difficult to bat they became difficult to survive, I don't think any of our bowlers are any where close to that hostility. why is he bowling test match length in t20s what it shows he is unable to adjust and it is a stretch to call it great test bowling lengths. . Some bowlers can bowl fast but eminently hittable like Malcolm Sami, is this guy in that same category ?
Dont think was hit so easily. Batsmen just got lucky that edges went for sixes yesterday. Regarding not able to adjust to T20. Only yorkers is what can save you in T20 and apart from Malinga, there is no bowler who can bowl yorkers. I do not think there is any fast bowler in world cricket right now apart from Malinga. All get hit some day or the other. His ER till last game was pretty good around 6 which is not what you will say thrashed around. Bowlers have bad their days.
Everyone can thrashed but other than one or two matches he has been spotty in odis but he is young and coming out of injury so we have give him time.
I already said he was coming back from injury with a tweak in his action which lead to loss of control at that time that helped him gain a 3-4K of pace, hitting 150K in NZ and Asia cup, but now he has gone back to his old approach, not hitting 150K with this but still around 144-148K region but better control.
what is his stock delivery to me it is short of length rising ball which could be defended easily in tests.
I posted a video above from match yesterday to show his outswing he was getting yesterday and he can bring the ball back in and can use reverse swing to good effect as well. o1w-oRbiobQ
If they were flattish pitches how come our batsmen struggled to win even one match there' date=' he was not good and I understand it was his first tour and he was learning and add Dhobi's captaincy it was recipe for disaster ,it happens to the best of the them.[/quote'] Our batsmen struggled with bounce and chasing big total. Our batsmen are never the best benchmark to play pace bowling. Even in NZ ODIs, Aaron was out 2nd best bowler. Only if Dhoni handled the bowlers better. He played 2 spinners who did nothing whole tour. In every match, we got wickets early on through Shami, Aaron, or BK, but in middle overs made sure that they had big partnership and pacers were left to deal with set batsmen in PP and at death. Aaron has been pretty economical in ranji trophy this season because he is far more accurate. Aaron had better ER than BK since last game in this IPL. Umesh does leak runs. Even Shami does. Even Zak leaked runs in SA and NZ.

We have our pace bowling pool for tests and ODIs Genuine Quicks -- Aaron, Umesh Pace + Movement -- Shami, Bumrah, Shukla, Suyal, Swing & seam bowlers -- BK, Pandey, Sandeep Question is ... would team India use this pool ? One problem with this pool is that there is only one really tall pacer ( 6'2" or more ).. Pandey. Pankaj Singh could have been another but he won't be actually taken.

fastest deliveries by each bowler 1 Morne Morkel 151.34 2 Mitchell Johnson 150.83 3 Mitchell Starc 149.92 4 Dale Steyn 149.80 5 Varun Aaron 148.96 6 Umesh Yadav 148.07 7 Mohammed Shami 147.36 8 Ben Hilfenhaus 147.03 9 Wayne Parnell 146.93

fastest deliveries by each bowler 1 Morne Morkel 151.34 2 Mitchell Johnson 150.83 3 Mitchell Starc 149.92 4 Dale Steyn 149.80 5 Varun Aaron 148.96 6 Umesh Yadav 148.07 7 Mohammed Shami 147.36 8 Ben Hilfenhaus 147.03 9 Wayne Parnell 146.93
Three Indian quicks bowling 140 to 150 k. I love it.