Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

IIMs up in arms against draft bill curtailing autonomy http://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news/iims-up-in-arms-against-draft-bill-curtailing-autonomy/article1-1362099.aspx Meanwhile: Cabinet has approved setting up of 6 IIMs, and they are going to be located in Visakhapatnam (AP), Bodh Gaya (Bihar)..cntd: RS Prasad Sirmaur (HP), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Sambalpur (Odisha) and Amritsar (Punjab): Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. Just keep opening new IIMs even as quality goes down and autonomy of taken away. Really bad from the Govt.

Polulation is real worry. You cant feed 1/8th of world pupilation on 1.5% of the land
It is not just about land, but arable land. India has more than 50% arable land [1], and it actually has more arable land than China, Russia, and even USA [2]. The local populace can be easily fed with the amount of land we have, but there are problems with agriculture that have more to do with irrigation, and inefficiencies due to small land holdings and lack of new technology. Irrigation: Needs river linking, canals, dams, etc etc to reduce over dependence on monsoons Small land holdings: The LAB (Land acquisition bill) could actually help out here by "persuading" a significant percentage of the population (~60% currently in agriculture) to get jobs in nearby industrial corridors. I envision India to have around 45% arable land and ~20% population in agriculture in 20 years time if development continues. New Tech: GM (Genetically modified) seeds can provide hardier seeds and with much more crop density. Trials are on their way, but these trials take several years, so this could take time. References: [1] Percentage arable land: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.ARBL.ZS?order=wbapi_data_value_2012+wbapi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc [2] Arable land converted into sq km China: 1084456 USA: 1685600 Russia: 1196876 India: 1709546

Yesterday was particularly achcha din. - It was found that BJP CM Vasudhara Raje infact had signed letter to help fugitive Lalit Modi evade Indian judicial system. - Court found that there is enough substance in allegations against honorable Human resource minister Smirti Irani that she gave wrong information on her degrees. What a shame..!! The person who heads department responsible for all degrees seemingly faking information on her own degrees. - Another stalwart of BJP in Maharashtra Govt. alloted tenders of 206 crore on her whims and fancies, dumping established process of inviting tenders and then giving work to best bid. I again say BJP has been found to be less corrupt than Congress because they have had less opportunities of doing corruption. In intent and spirit they are right upto Congress mark. We are just getting into second year of Modi govt.

Vasundra Raje allegedly signed the document on August 2011, Lalit Modi is elected as RCA President in 2013. This is 2015. Am I missing something here? Lalit Modi is not Dawood Ibrahim FFS. Smirti did not forge any documents like that POS Tomar nor doesn't belongs to the wife beater party. Am I missing something here again? Intent and Spirit like Congis??? All I can do is :rofl:

Indian political as well as social system is such that if we are going to scruitinize each and every minute details of a person, no body will come out clean. Not even our current PM nor Gandhi's and niether Arvind. My gut feeling says, this whole saga will stop during the Monsoon session, Opposition will demand resignations they will disrupt parliament. Modi will take action against Vasundhara raje, Opposition will allow the passage of key bills like GST and Land Bill. Action will be taken against Lalit Modi, he will be the scapegoat. You cannot be alive for so many years after playing politics with both big political parties. Vasundhara raje will be given Rajya Sabha ticket after two years and will come in central leadership position Win win situation for all.

Ataljis cabinet worked for 5 years and it wasnt opportunity. BJP has been ruling various states for ages which do not have even LG, And it isnt called opportunity Lalit Modi is the best opportunity BJP has got. Clawing back 2.5 lakh crore from coalgate is not sign of competence and honesty. For the first time we see our agencies actually getting some info about Dawood isnt deemed as sign of honesty. I am sure ED/BJP is onto something big via Chhagan Bhujbal case. Government unable to claw back black money from various sources is termed as dishonesty. Boss, I am not saying that all of them are Gandhiji, but you got to go and attend some of the RSS shakhas and you will realise why BJP is almost incorruptible. If you cant, then watch movie "Dum Lagaa ke Haisha" where some RSS shakhaas activity have been shown.

Indian political as well as social system is such that if we are going to scruitinize each and every minute details of a person, no body will come out clean. Not even our current PM nor Gandhi's and niether Arvind. My gut feeling says, this whole saga will stop during the Monsoon session, Opposition will demand resignations they will disrupt parliament. Modi will take action against Vijayraje, Opposition will allow the passage of key bills like GST and Land Bill. Action will be taken against Lalit Modi, he will be the scapegoat. You cannot be alive for so many years after playing politics with both big political parties. Vijayaraje will be given Rajya Sabha ticket after two years and will come in central leadership position Win win situation for all.
Vijaya Raje was mother of Vasundhara Raje who died around 98-99.

"Should the country have an Education Minister who does not know her own qualifications? ": Swaraj Abhiyan

" Swaraj Abhiyan demands that Min of HRD resign considering that a Delhi Court has taken cognizance of a complaint filed against her on her educational qualifications. Ms Irani has submitted 3 election affidavits and in each she has given different educational qualifications. The country should not have an education minister who lies about her educational qualification. "

"Should the country have an Education Minister who does not know her own qualifications? ": Swaraj Abhiyan

" Swaraj Abhiyan demands that Min of HRD resign considering that a Delhi Court has taken cognizance of a complaint filed against her on her educational qualifications. Ms Irani has submitted 3 election affidavits and in each she has given different educational qualifications. The country should not have an education minister who lies about her educational qualification. "

I wonder why Smirti Irani has not been arrested till now ?? That's why control of Delhi Police should be with local govt otherwise union miniters will use Delhi as safe haven to evade arrests with Police being in their control.

I wonder why Smirti Irani has not been arrested till now ?? That's why control of Delhi Police should be with local govt otherwise union miniters will use Delhi as safe haven to evade arrests with Police being in their control.
I think since these were electoral affidavits, the Election Commission is ultimately responsible for prosecution (if any). Such discrepancies (mentioning BA as B.Com etc) in affidavits does not warrant arrest - at most it will result in her election win to be vacated, i.e. losing her Rajya Sabha seat.

Has she forged a degree or is it a case of misinformation? Also, it does not matter whether it was BA or 12th as fighting election does not require a specific qualification unlike in case of Jitendra Tomar who forged degrees and became a lawyer which is a criminal offense. if anything, she will lose her seat at most.